Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

Just ordered one on E Bay brand new for $71. They still have 7 left. Looking forward to hitting it on my trip to Florida next week.

Golfetail...... Whoops I meant Golfio has had them for a while now for $69.99 shipped if you use code BBV.

Last edited:
Also available at golfio.com
Callaway Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood $89.99 , $69.99 with coupon code: bbv

Callaway Big Bertha V Series Driver 460cc. 149.99, 129.99 with coupon code: bbv
Free shipping on anything.

Well I over slept on the CPO Deal but had a coupon for DSG. I introduce to you...

d0edb71b3d9b10e1e15f4509b9b58e2b.jpg

554a41dded1031015550188159040a6e.jpg

I can't wait for Monday to get here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's pretty awesome to see how many folks are still finding the Heavenwood and loving its performance. Just to remind you guys, the ridiculous performance extends to the rest of the V Series as well. I've got my 3w/5w and enjoy all the same things that you guys are finding with the HVN. Anyhow, keep it up, these clubs truly were a winner for Callaway!

Pease post your likes/Dislikes about this club once you get some course time with it!
I LOVE this club, and I think most do as well!

No course time yet, but hit the driving range today. I don't know if I've ever had so much fun hitting a club before. It just jumps off the face. Ball flight is high, but it still feels like it goes a pretty good distance. It was super windy today so it was hard to get a read on that, but I just loved everything about hitting this club. Felt like I was launching balls.

Gotta ask - do people have similar feel with the Bertha V Series driver or does it all have to do with the deep faces on the woods? Seeing the drivers on sale really has me pondering one of those as well...if they feel this good.

Bought one on CPO, wasn't 'til I got it on Friday that I noticed it was a stiff flex instead of regular.
Probably sending it back tomorrow and taking advantage of that Golfio deal.

Bought one on CPO, wasn't 'til I got it on Friday that I noticed it was a stiff flex instead of regular.

I play mine with a xstiff tour green and i like it fine, all mybother clubs are stiff

Man that stiff would go well in my bag. Is it in good condition?

No course time yet, but hit the driving range today. I don't know if I've ever had so much fun hitting a club before. It just jumps off the face. Ball flight is high, but it still feels like it goes a pretty good distance. It was super windy today so it was hard to get a read on that, but I just loved everything about hitting this club. Felt like I was launching balls.

Gotta ask - do people have similar feel with the Bertha V Series driver or does it all have to do with the deep faces on the woods? Seeing the drivers on sale really has me pondering one of those as well...if they feel this good.

I play the V Series driver and I see a lot of similarities between the driver and the Heavenwood. Both are silly easy to hit and high launching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that stiff would go well in my bag. Is it in good condition?

Very good condition from the CPO site. I found a little blemish on the face if I tilt it just right.

Either way, you're better off with that Golfio deal. It's cheaper and you'll get a brand new one.
I didn't see the deal posted here until after I had already pulled the trigger.

I think you would be fine with the Bassarra in stiff if you decide to keep it. It is not very stout by any means.

I agree with Sox Fan. I think you can handle it.

Ok! Come on guys, if you have never tried this club then YOU HAVE TO! I got to the range early today to get some swings in with it. The first shot made me fall in love. I dont know what ball flight the rest of you that hit this have but the closest thing I can relate it to is an air show. You know when the jets take off and before you know it it's going vertical? Same for me. Takes off hot off the face then about 75 yds out it starts climbing. I don't know if thats really what was happening but it sure looked like it.

My first time on the course using it was a par 3. Our tees were at 165 but I went to the 200 yard marker just to range it. I hit that ball and my exact words were "Jiminy Christmas" that ball went straight to the pin, dropped about 8 feet in front and rolled 10' past the pin and these greens were hard and sandy. My partner laughed and said "I think I just heard all of the air come out of you!" I seriously gasped when I hit that club LOL! I got to hit it 3 more times today and it's my new favorite club!

Keeping the one I got from CPO in the bag for now.

I took it out to the driving range at lunch and it does launch high. I'm assuming the regular shaft would only make it launch higher. The balls at the range were crap for comparing distance. So I'm going have to get it out on the course to see how it gaps between my XR 4W and 3/4 Hybrid.

I'm hoping to go D, 4W, HVN, 4H, 5I at the top of my bag.

Golfetail...... Whoops I meant Golfio has had them for a while now for $69.99 shipped if you use code BBV.

I spent all winter debating with myself on the need for this club, but, $69.99 sealed the deal and I have one on the way.

Thanks!

Finally took mine to the range boy what a nice club. Smoked it high and far can't wait to get it on the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I jut picked one up from CPO arrived Monday. Won't have a chance to hit it for awhile though.

Did anyone replace a 7 wood with it? Or is it going farther? I plan on going Driver - 4w - Heavenwood, then 21* 4 iron or 23* hybrid.

I jut picked one up from CPO arrived Monday. Won't have a chance to hit it for awhile though.

Did anyone replace a 7 wood with it? Or is it going farther? I plan on going Driver - 4w - Heavenwood, then 21* 4 iron or 23* hybrid.

This will definatley go farther than a 7wood. Most are seeing 3-4hy distances. It's my 185-210 club. It's that versatile!

I have found it depends on your swing - stock can produce too much spin - it is a higher spin head and stock shaft is made to launch high and offer spin. So if you are moderate to higher speed, you may want a higher kick, lower spin shaft that is slightly shorter in length for better consistency. Good luck.

I play my current 7 wood for 190-210 yard club anyway. So it looks as though it should upgrade that spot perfectly. I have an old Adams Speedline LP 7 wood that I love but, it's looking like its been through the war. No headcover and uglies allover as I would hit it from anywhere.

I'm a mid to high speed swinger. 105 average with driver. I like high launch shafts with a prominent kicks. I use DG SL s300 in my irons and Matrix Radix or Blueboards in my woods.

I spent all winter debating with myself on the need for this club, but, $69.99 sealed the deal and I have one on the way.

Thanks!

Ordered one for my wife after getting mine from CPO a few weeks ago.

I finally got to hit my heavenwood (well at least on a sim round). I really like this club! Once I get a feel for the distance, it is very easy to hit. Got one GIR from 178 yards today.

I have it between my 5W and 4H, it fits that gap perfectly for me. The Heavenwood is my favorite club to hit right now.

Back