Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

If you tend to hit balls in the rough, the Truvis is not the ball for you. I find them harder to spot than a normal white ball. The red seems to blend with leaves, brown grass, etc.

They are a great ball for chipping, especially for practice, you can see the spin in the air and how the ball reacts from that spin when it hits the green.

I have 7 rounds on the Truvis and have now lost 3 of the original dozen, I am having no problem finding them except when I might hit one into high weeds or accidentally try to see if one floats (they do not). I have really enjoyed the fact that no one except me are gaming them in any of my groups. It is like the first couple of years that I gamed optic yellow balls. I love the instant identification when we pull up to our balls.

I like them so well that I have bought 2 more dozen. It is all about the visibility to me.

Haven't hit a ball on course for a couple weeks, but am seriously tempted to put these straight into play for the Club Champs this weekend

Has anyone had any issues with these cracking? I have had at least 4-5 crack on me, just today one cracked so i hit it away into the bushes.

Has anyone had any issues with these cracking? I have had at least 4-5 crack on me, just today one cracked so i hit it away into the bushes.

I'd seriously get in touch with Callaway and let them know! They're really good to deal with and would appreciate knowing.

I'd seriously get in touch with Callaway and let them know! They're really good to deal with and would appreciate knowing.

I did that when the first one cracked and they sent me replacements. I was just seeing if maybe i had a bad batch or something.

I've only played one sleeve of them and didn't crack any, haven't heard anything about them cracking?

I've played these all year and never ever seen that happen.

I played these before switching to the Truvis, I have not seen a ball crack in quite some time, and never a Chrome Soft.

I've had a sr3 crack on me, but never a chrome soft. And I've literally played them all year, several dozen a of golf balls.

I've only managed to crack a couple playing in the simulator. Seemed to crack more quickly than another favorite ball of mine. It lasted hundreds of holes, though.

I played all 36 holes of our SoCal/NorCal event with the same Chrome Soft and would not hesitate to play the ball again, still looks great. I joked on the first tee that I was only going to mark one ball for the weekend, turns out, I was right. Still love me some Chrome Soft!

Played a couple packs of these throughout the year and never had one crack. And I'm known to try them out vs. some trees every now and then too.

I've got a few buddies playing the chrome soft and I've played them for a few months and have never seen or heard of them cracking.....must have been a bad batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one crack when i was playing in a local pro tournament last month and had to ask what the ruling was. Then the other day out with my mates i picked my ball up off the green and seen another one with a crack. I find them quite durable so use them for 2-3 rounds, maybe they dont like being hit that much.

Never had one crack either. This has been my primary ball this year. I'm sure Callaway will take care of you, good folks over there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

never had any crack on me....closest I have came was I got some "gills" after a wedge shot....

how do these and the super soft compare?

Urethane cover, more spin around the greens.

What about off the tee?

Grab a sleeve of each and try them. I have found them comparable distance wise, supersoft may launch a touch higher

that's pretty much what I was going to say. For me it's rare for me to find a ball that is noticeably longer off the tee(that's the e7). Have played both the SS and CS now, for the me the CS felt better off the irons and putter, and they had a better reaction to the greens in terms of spin. Off the tee, for me they were a wash.

I finally played these for the first time yesterday. I've been wanting to try them but have 6 dozen B330-RX that I won on THP for one of the Christmas contests. But, as part of my Grandaddy prep I definitely want to get the feel of these. My initial thoughts after 9 holes are pretty positive. The ball feels soft of the driver, but goes just as far (farther on a few holes) than the RX. It's also very responsive around the greens. I had a few pitches that I stopped after one hop. I also had an 8 iron into a 150 yard par 3 that stopped a few inches away from the ball mark. I plan on taking these out for at least another 18 holes this weekend for another spin. I also am playing the Truvis design, which I actually like. It's easy to see spin on chips and looks cool on putts. I'll post more thoughts as I get more rounds in with these.

I did a round swapping the balls. I couldn't honestly tell much difference between the SS and the CS. Need to do more testing but I was actually shocked to see the SS one hop and stop on me.

Back