Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Customs showed up today.

d849a37588f0724cf6b68eef147e493d.jpg

That looks unbelievably good.

I love seeing actual data. 272 carry with 105 CHS (or in this case 153 Ball Speed) is amazing! Scares me a little, I’m only getting about 15 yards more with about 20MPH more ball speed. I NEED to be fitted by the Callaway folks.

Thanks!
I'm pretty easy to fit for a driver since I have a +3 to +4 angle of attack. Combine that with striking the top half of the face and I get these sweet little cuts that launch well and spin low.

These same swing characteristics is why I'm an absolute nightmare to try and fit into a set of irons, and why I can't hit of a downhill lie to save my life.

Canadan’s swing is very impressive. I knew he was a great golfer before getting the chance to play with him but those expeditions were even lower than reality. Dude can play his ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have heard tales of his exploits a time or two on here (always from others, Dan seems super humble).

Im-F’in-pressive! I hit a few that long or more every year but it’s always fun to see. Two putt birdies on par 4’s and 5’s all day long. Nice, Dan, nice!!
Canadan’s swing is very impressive. I knew he was a great golfer before getting the chance to play with him but those expeditions were even lower than reality. Dude can play his ball.
I may have heard tales of his exploits a time or two on here (always from others, Dan seems super humble).

Wow guys, thanks for the kind words, that means the world to me! This specific drive wow'ed me, and I knew it the second I hit it.

I'll be honest in saying I wasn't a believer in Callaway's driver trend after my experiences with Rogue, but this one shocked me from the moment I started hitting it. Very very pleased to see what they brought to the table for 2019, confirming what our awesome Grandaddy participants have been sharing for the last couple months.

That Dan guy is a jerk!

(You guys are feeding the ego too much, had to bring it down!) hahahahaha

That Dan guy is a jerk!

(You guys are feeding the ego too much, had to bring it down!) hahahahaha

There is ALWAYS someone better, and ALWAYS someone who goes lower haha

But that JamesMan? Wowowowowow he's a stud.

There is ALWAYS someone better, and ALWAYS someone who goes lower haha

But that JamesMan? Wowowowowow he's a stud.

He’s the biggest jerk of them all! He wears Velcro!

He’s the biggest jerk of them all! He wears Velcro!

Talks about his legs too.

Custom Final SZ made it in. Hoping to get it out this weekend against my standard and just have some fun.
82ec2fe7c19e3975df07d5e4f0d45438.jpg
0e7861f8ff90a8d4a1ba80356efcedbc.jpg
c9f81dd9fa18f304e96d2886fff0e72c.jpg
7423aeaa0bc389dd4d59b323a90f5e43.jpg

Wow... Clayton..

Just wow, dude. That thing is NICE!
Thanks man! I thought so. Now I'm trying to think of names.

I'm down to Panda and NewsFlash (black and white like a newspaper...badum tss)

Thanks man! I thought so. Now I'm trying to think of names.

I'm down to Panda and NewsFlash (black and white like a newspaper...badum tss)
Dude, that looks freaking fantastic. I'd love to have the option of going all black but having "Flash" be white like "Epic."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dude, that looks freaking fantastic. I'd love to have the option of going all black but having "Flash" be white like "Epic."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That was my first choice actually but there was no way to pull that off with the zones set as they are.

You guys can go watch Range Days with Dan and I and see swings, data and us break down some tech.

Been messing around with the moveable weight and find it really has a big affect on my ball flight.

Now I know that is not earth shattering news but my experience with the EPIC and moveable weight was it did not seem to make a big difference unless you went to the extreme end of the track. Could have just been me thinking I was feeling a difference but moving it 1/2" towards the heel from where I had it (just a bit towards the heel from center) made a big difference on my miss (pull hook)

Been messing around with the moveable weight and find it really has a big affect on my ball flight.

Now I know that is not earth shattering news but my experience with the EPIC and moveable weight was it did not seem to make a big difference unless you went to the extreme end of the track. Could have just been me thinking I was feeling a difference but moving it 1/2" towards the heel from where I had it (just a bit towards the heel from center) made a big difference on my miss (pull hook)

That's good to hear Jim. Throughout the season my swing goes all over the place and I'll go from drawing/hooking the ball to slicing/fading, maybe this weight can help reduce some of that and keep my flight more neutral.

In my case it made the miss much worst so it worked!! but as we all know it could have just been the tendencies of the day, never really felt good with the Driver and the iron were spot on perfect. I was really long off the tee but missing both ways so very hard to figure out.

Golf is hard....

Custom Final SZ made it in. Hoping to get it out this weekend against my standard and just have some fun.
82ec2fe7c19e3975df07d5e4f0d45438.jpg
0e7861f8ff90a8d4a1ba80356efcedbc.jpg
c9f81dd9fa18f304e96d2886fff0e72c.jpg
7423aeaa0bc389dd4d59b323a90f5e43.jpg

That’s just all kinds of sexy Mr Clayton!

Back