Callaway Epic Forged Irons

Those look soo freaking nice in your pics JMan. These are sounding more and more interesting the more I hear about them. Looking forward to more of your thoughts.

Jman;n8891057 said:
Hello.

73c8987a8ce9932050efbcb48bf6e7b2.jpg

Optical illusion, or is the 5i longer from heel to toe than the 6i?

Jman;n8892163 said:
Haha, daaaaaaayum! 210 yard 6i's would be sort of hilarious.

I'm pretty curious myself. I did NOT like the sound of the last Epic irons, and Doc Hock and the boys SWEAR that has been addressed, so we shall see I suppose!

That's not normal? Odd...at elevation of course. Bring on the lag brotha and a round or two with ya.

woo hoo, shipping notice says this afternoon so they will be in play tomorrow at Course I know well to see if they are much different length and more importantly dispersion for me. I have no illusions of 200 yd 6 irons but any gains will be nice.

jim54;n8892290 said:
woo hoo, shipping notice says this afternoon so they will be in play tomorrow at Course I know well to see if they are much different length and more importantly dispersion for me. I have no illusions of 200 yd 6 irons but any gains will be nice.

i know it’s been a saga for you, but i’m glad you’ll have everything in time before the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8892302 said:
i know it’s been a saga for you, but i’m glad you’ll have everything in time before the event.

yep lots of drama, now let's hope they are right....the 2nd time..

Bummer there were a couple issues. I think it was said before; all that money they should be perfect. I'm glad they are putting out such good numbers though.

jim54;n8892290 said:

I can pretty much assure you that you’ll see gains.

rallo;n8892275 said:
Optical illusion, or is the 5i longer from heel to toe than the 6i?

Its the angle I do believe, I'll look closer tonight when I'm trying to shoot the photos, again. Ugh.

J4U;n8892282 said:
That's not normal? Odd...at elevation of course. Bring on the lag brotha and a round or two with ya.

Hahahaha, elevation ftmfw.

I need to get ahold of Golf USA and see if their monitor is fixed yet, I want to hit these again and get some numbers.

Snickerdog;n8892411 said:
I need to get ahold of Golf USA and see if their monitor is fixed yet, I want to hit these again and get some numbers.

Yeah, I'm pretty much dying to get these on the Foresight GC2. Ever since writing the release article, I have been curious.

Just got mine.

I did 4 thru GW. Only had a real quick range session but I will say that these things feel good, get plenty of height and plenty of distance. Even the 4 and 5 went higher than I was expecting.

Looking forward to getting them on the course to see how they are under real conditions.

ha ha ha, got them back and if i was a cynical person i would say they are exactly the same irons with the plastic off the heads. swing weights are 5,6,7 at C9, 8,9,PW at C8 and the AW at C7.5.

I am going to take them to a friend who has a digital sw scale and see what he gets, I fully understand scales can be different but the APEX pros I just had were all spot on D2 on the same scale so I am at a lose here. Since I have no choice but to go ahead and play them this week and for the Event we will see what happens. Who knows maybe they will be stellar as they are.

Am I happy about this, no not at all, if nothing else they should all be the same SW. Even if my scale is off it would be off consistently.

Not sure what will happen next, I emailed my Rep and told him what I found and that I feel like he should take it upstairs and let it be known.

Mine are on order and I hate hearing these stories about the SW, which is very important to me. I asked for them to be what their spec says, D2 but now I’ll have them checked before I hit them! Hope they are correct or at least within manufacturing specs which I would consider 1 SW point either way.

I am going to double check against another scale tomorrow, I am sick of the whole thing at this point.

Maybe it will not make any difference at all and they will be as good as I hoped when I ordered them. After all it is just a number and I am no pro..

jim54;n8892998 said:
ha ha ha, got them back and if i was a cynical person i would say they are exactly the same irons with the plastic off the heads. swing weights are 5,6,7 at C9, 8,9,PW at C8 and the AW at C7.5.

I am going to take them to a friend who has a digital sw scale and see what he gets, I fully understand scales can be different but the APEX pros I just had were all spot on D2 on the same scale so I am at a lose here. Since I have no choice but to go ahead and play them this week and for the Event we will see what happens. Who knows maybe they will be stellar as they are.

Am I happy about this, no not at all, if nothing else they should all be the same SW. Even if my scale is off it would be off consistently.

Not sure what will happen next, I emailed my Rep and told him what I found and that I feel like he should take it upstairs and let it be known.

This has become a really wild saga. What grips did you go? Craziness.

I got curious and checked the 5/6 I’ve got for review, which of course are stock, and they came in 2.7 and 2.8.

GP MCC+4 midsize, I asked when ordering about the grips and SW and was assured (twice by email) it was not an issue to hit D2 like they did with the APEX pros (with the same grips and shaft length).

If it were not for the Event next week I would tell them to give me a refund and they can keep them just for the waste of time and stress. Not a big deal in the big scheme of things but being in Sales I have to honor commitments I make and generally feel so should others that are selling to me.

If they could not do it and it appears they cannot then be up front about it, I mean they are almost exactly like the last set SW wise except the plastic was off the heads this time so maybe someone checked the lofts and lie as I asked for them to do. Luckily I do not have a L/L machine so I cannot check that to add to the angst.

But my friend does......if he is home tomorrow we will get a second opinion on the SW.

jim54;n8893055 said:
GP MCC+4 midsize, I asked when ordering about the grips and SW and was assured (twice by email) it was not an issue to hit D2 like they did with the APEX pros (with the same grips and shaft length).

If it were not for the Event next week I would tell them to give me a refund and they can keep them just for the waste of time and stress. Not a big deal in the big scheme of things but being in Sales I have to honor commitments I make and generally feel so should others that are selling to me.

If they could not do it and it appears they cannot then be up front about it, I mean they are almost exactly like the last set SW wise except the plastic was off the heads this time so maybe someone checked the lofts and lie as I asked for them to do. Luckily I do not have a L/L machine so I cannot check that to add to the angst.

But my friend does......if he is home tomorrow we will get a second opinion on the SW.

take them to mike. he is in a new location. i can text you the address.

jim54;n8893032 said:
I am going to double check against another scale tomorrow, I am sick of the whole thing at this point.

Maybe it will not make any difference at all and they will be as good as I hoped when I ordered them. After all it is just a number and I am no pro..

Perhaps but it’s really, really strange to see this twice.

I. Love. This. Freaking. Picture.

DSC00869-XL.jpg

Jman;n8893137 said:
I. Love. This. Freaking. Picture.

Confirmed that these two will finally get swung today, photo session last night was a success and now I can get the show rolling.

Probably no Foresight GC2 today, but just a quick getting to know you and me swinging out of my shoes. Haha

Jman;n8893247 said:
Confirmed that these two will finally get swung today, photo session last night was a success and now I can get the show rolling.

Probably no Foresight GC2 today, but just a quick getting to know you and me swinging out of my shoes. Haha

Jman bombs incoming!!!!!:clapp:

Jman;n8893247 said:

Okay, go now. Drop everything.

Canadan;n8893301 said:
Okay, go now. Drop everything.

I wish. So so so wish.

Sooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Back