Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I can see it now. Max LS. But, only until a triple diamond becomes available. Lol.

Actually I think I could game an LS in a tour red sleeve to flatten the lie a bit. I think that could replace the TD for me.

I can see it now. Max LS. But, only until a triple diamond becomes available. Lol.

dude I just got him to stop thinking bout ♦️♦️♦.Don’t dangle that 🥕to him again

Actually I think I could game an LS in a tour red sleeve to flatten the lie a bit. I think that could replace the TD for me.

just wait til you try speed with that adapter.

Tomorrow morning is the day I build the epic max LS customs and hit purchase. I wish I was able to play around with the colours a bit tonight but it’s not on the website yet. Doesn’t matter anyway it’s going to be a plain black head without the alignment aid.

The my sim page was fun to play around with though and if I was going that route it would also be a blacked out head

Has anyone who’s hit the fairways struggle to get enough spin on these?

I'll tell you tomorrow. Spin on fairway woods is usually not an issue for me. We'll see how these fair.

I really wish the speed fairway was adjustable but will still test it out at some point. @Tevenor looking forward to hearing your thoughts tomorrow

just wait til you try speed with that adapter.
At what point is Callaway going to offer the different sleeves when you buy the drivers? Or just flatten the lie angles a bit? Seems odd to me that they start quite upright when they have a stock adapter that can only go even further upright.
Even Callaway diehards are all saying the first thing they do is get rid of the stock sleeve. Heck, TXG doesn't even test them with the stock sleeve anymore. That said, I've got a green dot adapter on the way, but I'm actually not sure that's going to help.

We saw Callaway "respond to the demand" with the OG White Hot, hopefully they do something like that here as well.

At what point is Callaway going to offer the different sleeves when you buy the drivers? Or just flatten the lie angles a bit? Seems odd to me that they start quite upright when they have a stock adapter that can only go even further upright.
Even Callaway diehards are all saying the first thing they do is get rid of the stock sleeve. Heck, TXG doesn't even test them with the stock sleeve anymore. That said, I've got a green dot adapter on the way, but I'm actually not sure that's going to help.

We saw Callaway "respond to the demand" with the OG White Hot, hopefully they do something like that here as well.

I wouldn’t mind the lie angle going flat either. I’m sure my left miss while a plague to my game is less common for most golfers but I still would prefer neutrality in the head and the use of weights or adjustment in the hosel for draw bias.

I wouldn’t mind the lie angle going flat either. I’m sure my left miss while a plague to my game is less common for most golfers but I still would prefer neutrality in the head and the use of weights or adjustment in the hosel for draw bias.

Is the adapter that flattens the lie the Pro red adapter? Is there no way to order as an upcharge when you order direct from Callaway?

I see these are up for Pre-Order today - No 150% Trade in Bonus as I can see.
Let's see how long that lasts.

Just listened to the fitting room podcast and they went flat with LS (57*) then neutral with Speed (58*) and upright with max (59*). Think that was smart but I would think having the sleeve as an option would make sense as well.

That said custom black/pink max to pair with the autoflex is on order.

Just listened to the fitting room podcast and they went flat with LS (57*) then neutral with Speed (58*) and upright with max (59*). Think that was smart but I would think having the sleeve as an option would make sense as well.

Thats great to hear. I stand corrected and happily retract my statement

Thats great to hear. I stand corrected and happily retract my statement

I would have had the same thought as well and was surprised when DNevs started talking about it. Almost made me go epic speed instead of max as I was putting in my customs but who am I kidding, I need max forgiveness regardless of lie angle.

I really need to stay off the callaway website. I keep fiddling with different configurations.

I see these are up for Pre-Order today - No 150% Trade in Bonus as I can see.
Let's see how long that lasts.
It looked like last year the trade bonus kicked in around March. Good for us snowed in golfers.

Was able to take some time in a fitting today focusing on fairway woods and hybrids. Quick summary: Dayyyyyyuuuuummmm. These things are good.

@Jman I get what you were saying now about the speed being fun.

I am just going to leave this here and I'll write up my thoughts more later when I have some time.

IMG_20210126_134248.jpg

IMG_20210126_133649.jpg

Last edited:
Was able to take some time in a fitting today focusing on fairway woods and hybrids. Quick summary: Dayyyyyyuuuuummmm. These things are good.

I am just going to leave this here and I'll write up my thoughts more later when I have some time.

View attachment 8990432

View attachment 8990435
Now that's awesome. I'm getting fit this weekend and am geeked to try these. Those are driver numbers for me .

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Two things:
1. You rocking the AUTOFLEX?! Yeaaaaaah boy!
2. Yes, I think the tour red sleeve will get the lie near 56* which is where my Triple Diamond sits.

Those were the numbers I was hoping for today at my fitting. By the time we got around to Drivers my swing speed was almost the same as my 7iron when we started out. Decided I would wait until my new irons arrive and do the Driver fitting then. Did narrow it down to 2 heads that I hit best.
The Epic LS was the longest and the Titleist TSI2 had the tightest dispersion. Both with the Fujikura Ventus Blue shaft.

I haven't. Couple times in store and got to take a speed out on course. No issues. I'm used to playing a TSi3 and Mav SZ and didn't notice any problematic dips in spin. Lower flight and lower spin, but I haven't seen anything crazy.

Those were the numbers I was hoping for today at my fitting. By the time we got around to Drivers my swing speed was almost the same as my 7iron when we started out. Decided I would wait until my new irons arrive and do the Driver fitting then. Did narrow it down to 2 heads that I hit best.
The Epic LS was the longest and the Titleist TSI2 had the tightest dispersion. Both with the Fujikura Ventus Blue shaft.

Yeah, I didn't get time to hit the drivers either. Not with any real comparison. Was only able to hit the 3 wood but the results above were good with that.

Also hit the Apex Pro hybrid and will give my thoughts on that later as well.

Two things:
1. You rocking the AUTOFLEX?! Yeaaaaaah boy!
2. Yes, I think the tour red sleeve will get the lie near 56* which is where my Triple Diamond sits.

1. yes. it is in the bag. Will have some more thoughts to share in that thread shortly.

Back