Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

That pretty well correlates with what I have seen. The lighter the shaft the more I miss right. With the Bassara I lose everything right. Can't seem to feel the club head. With the Rogue, a 25 gram heavier low spin shaft my miss is much more pronounced left.

Interesting - for me that appears to work so I'm not complaining, just yet!

For those wanting to know what a GBB with a glossy head looks like, here are pics of my new toy.

image_5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When can we see the crown?

When can we see the crown?
Just added a pic. Golf smith has a good deal. They have the black, red, blue, and I think orange for the same price as the regular flat black. Only negative is only one choice in shaft, which is Speeder 665 (non Evolution II). But, I have the shaft I want to use and will probably just sell the shaft it came with. Saved the $100 uDesign up charge.

Just added a pic. Golf smith has a good deal. They have the black, red, blue, and I think orange for the same price as the regular flat black. Only negative is only one choice in shaft, which is Speeder 665 (non Evolution II). But, I have the shaft I want to use and will probably just sell the shaft it came with. Saved the $100 uDesign up charge.

Not seeing the pic of the crown

But I just looked that up as well BigTex. Looks like a special Udesign head cover too. Gloss Black/Red/Blue/Orange with no upcharge for those either. Wonder if they would let you swap the shaft with something in store if another one had something you wanted.

Try it again by itself.

image_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh I like that.

Nice. I love the glossy look.

But I just looked that up as well BigTex. Looks like a special Udesign head cover too. Gloss Black/Red/Blue/Orange with no upcharge for those either. Wonder if they would let you swap the shaft with something in store if another one had something you wanted.
They probably would. The guys here work with me a bunch and probably could have got them to. But, they gave me the best trade in I could expect, and I really don't want any of the stock shafts shafts.

I'll be honest...if I didn't like the Matte, I'd be pretty irritated that they brought these out with no up charge through Golf Smith now. The red looks awesome.

Nice. I love the glossy look.
Yeah that solved the only thing that was holding me back once I settled on the shaft. Or at least think I have.

I'll be honest...if I didn't like the Matte, I'd be pretty irritated that they brought these out with no up charge through Golf Smith now. The red looks awesome.
They have been available on the Golfsmith site ever since they released them. I guess they worked out something with Cally.

They have been available on the Golfsmith site ever since they released them. I guess they worked out something with Cally.

Really? I could have sworn I've been looking them up since they came out and never saw that before.

I would kill for a Green UDesign. It would look sick with MD3s and all the clubs having Acid Green Grips

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The red definately is nice. The blue one looks very similar to the pics of his that Jman posted here earlier. Just beautiful out in the sunshine.

I want my money back and Callaway lied about this club!!!! Ok, maybe it was me and not the club. Man I was so excited to get this club after hitting my brothers and killing drives.

I got out to the range today and man I was stinking it up. I've got the 9* head that I lofted up 2*. I set the shaft to draw and moved the weight to draw and I was still hitting the damn thing to the right. I had a couple of drives that I hit straight but they weren't consistent.

The worst part about all of it? I was hitting the ball dead center of the face. Ugh!!! I took a video of my swings, I'm hoping it turned out and I can get some help.

Could there be that huge if a difference between the 9 (lofted to 11) and 10.5* (possibly lofted to 12.5) heads and the shafts? I know my brothers is the Kuro shaft in stiff were as mine is the Diamana 60 in stiff? I know both were set to draw?

Is it the Indian or the arrow?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I want my money back and Callaway lied about this club!!!! Ok, maybe it was me and not the club. Man I was so excited to get this club after hitting my brothers and killing drives.

I got out to the range today and man I was stinking it up. I've got the 9* head that I lofted up 2*. I set the shaft to draw and moved the weight to draw and I was still hitting the damn thing to the right. I had a couple of drives that I hit straight but they weren't consistent.

The worst part about all of it? I was hitting the ball dead center of the face. Ugh!!! I took a video of my swings, I'm hoping it turned out and I can get some help.

Could there be that huge if a difference between the 9 (lofted to 11) and 10.5* (possibly lofted to 12.5) heads and the shafts? I know my brothers is the Kuro shaft in stiff were as mine is the Diamana 60 in stiff? I know both were set to draw?

I am guessing it is the indian. Unfortunately, no driver can completely cure a slice, if that existed, they would make so much money. Even with everything in the draw position, a severely OTT move combined with an open face to the path is going to result in a slice.

Only negative is only one choice in shaft, which is Speeder 665 (non Evolution II). But, I have the shaft I want to use and will probably just sell the shaft it came with. Saved the $100 uDesign up charge.

Something interesting here. They really went color coordinated with the shafts on these as well. These are the stock shafts they have on each color.

Black/orange - Speeder 665
Blue - Aldila Tour Blue
Red - Matrix Red Tie

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Experienced something similar on the sim. I wanted to see where I was hitting the ball on the face and put on some impact tape. First swing I hit it right on the logo on the face. Spin rate was about 500-600 higher than for a good shot, and it was a push fade with not much roll out. Hit a few other shots with similar results. All of my nest shots were a little toward the toe side, especially if it was a little higher. Came to the conclusion that based on my swing path a dead center shot meant I had the face a little open at impact, and that was no Bueno for me.

Sorry to tell you it is most likely the proverbial Indian in this case. My major flaw is that I tend to bring the club way inside. Then I either come over the top and pull hook it, hold it off and hit a weak heal slice or I chicken wing it and hit a weak slappy slice. I have done this with every driver I have owned the last 3 years, and unfortunately you have to work on that yourself. No anti draw can fix those issues, and actually makes the over the top pull hook even worse...

good luck getting things sorted.

Were you fit to it, or did you make your own choice on shaft pairing/head loft? I'm slightly confused if you were killing drives with the other one, why you didn't basically get the exact same thing. My experience with this head is that the shaft made a huge difference to me. I had 3 or 4 that worked great, and another 3 or 4 that if they were the only option I would have hated this driver.

Were you fit to it, or did you make your own choice on shaft pairing/head loft? I'm slightly confused if you were killing drives with the other one, why you didn't basically get the exact same thing. My experience with this head is that the shaft made a huge difference to me. I had 3 or 4 that worked great, and another 3 or 4 that if they were the only option I would have hated this driver.
I was not fit to it. Bought it from a fellow THP'er. I was hoping the results would just follow.

I was not fit to it. Bought it from a fellow THP'er. I was hoping the results would just follow.

ahhh, gotcha. Yea I don't know why, but I've found this driver very touchy with the overall combo/settings. I think it's the best driver out there for the widest range of golfers, but it's definitely one that needs fit to get there. I've found if I move my perimeter weight almost anywhere but sitting over the word "draw" that I don't get the results I want. But when it's over that word, it's perfect.

I'm wondering what a proper fitting and trying out a 10.5* head will do for me vs my 9*head set to +2|N

Back