Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

only 1 of 7 fairways with the max yesterday, but the misses were just barely off the fairway and totally playable. hit a couple bombs by my standard, even though i didn't perfectly connect. swing work might be paying off, even though there's more improvement to be made. i do want to test some more drivers in 2021, but i'm kinda struggling to put my finger on what i would want a new driver to do differently. i made some less than perfect swings yesterday, all of which were in play. and my better (but not perfect) swings produced great results. i mean, what more can you ask than that???
I'm the type that when I can play my drive into the green, in other words a playable shot, I feel successful. It's not easy hitting the fairway consistently in the game of golf for most people.

only 1 of 7 fairways with the max yesterday, but the misses were just barely off the fairway and totally playable. hit a couple bombs by my standard, even though i didn't perfectly connect. swing work might be paying off, even though there's more improvement to be made. i do want to test some more drivers in 2021, but i'm kinda struggling to put my finger on what i would want a new driver to do differently. i made some less than perfect swings yesterday, all of which were in play. and my better (but not perfect) swings produced great results. i mean, what more can you ask than that???
To be honest - That is what I feel with the EF, It just performed so good for me , I'm sure what I want Mav Max to do differently.
I had a great year with EF and have no really complaints however buying a MM now at EOY pricing eases the pain if doesn't work out.

Looks like next week should warm up a little bit, so hoping for a couple things:
1 - that my new shafts arrive to try out
2 - that I can take them to the range with my Rapsodo MLM for some fun.

Have an Attas Coool 6s and a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 on the way. We'll see how they compare to the Rogue White that I have been using.

The shafts arrived today. Going to put some tour velvet +4’s on them, the I just need the warm weather for a range session!

CD29EE28-B0A2-404C-A954-06CC6EE12A11.jpeg

CPO has a new batch of Mav and Max drivers for sale now, must have just got them.

During our round Saturday my buddy looked at me and told me not to even look at other drivers for a long time. Now he knows better than that with me but the regular Mavrik has brought stability to the portion of the bag that killed me most of the year.

During our round Saturday my buddy looked at me and told me not to even look at other drivers for a long time. Now he knows better than that with me but the regular Mavrik has brought stability to the portion of the bag that killed me most of the year.
The Std. Mavrik has been great for me too. The sound/feel of a good strike in the center of the face is a joy and it is looong.

The Std. Mavrik has been great for me too. The sound/feel of a good strike in the center of the face is a joy and it is looong.

Me three! I'm still streaky because I suck at golf, but this has been a straight bomber for me when I do my part. I'm going to do a fitting next year, but not sure I'll be able to let go of this one too easily.

Well those that got in on the BF deals made out - Full price now on CPO $322

Planning on a good range session early this afternoon.
Going to use the Rapsodo to compare the Rogue White vs Attas Coool 6s vs Hzrdus Yellow.
Looks like fun! Be interested in your findings.

Planning on a good range session early this afternoon.
Going to use the Rapsodo to compare the Rogue White vs Attas Coool 6s vs Hzrdus Yellow.

Definitely interested in your numbers. I tried the Coool a few years ago and it launched way too high for me. Currently in the Yellow, which has worked out reasonably well.

Haha, sounds like my buddy. Told him about a few of the newer models I was interested in trying. He called me an idiot for even considering it.

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
The Attas coool 6 won out yesterday based solely on feel and perceived performance on the range.
The Rapsodo didn’t work, so no data. Will try again today.
As of now, I fully plan on the attas being in the bag for a round tomorrow

The Attas coool 6 won out yesterday based solely on feel and perceived performance on the range.
What happened with the Rapsodo?

Used the stock Riptide shaft in the Max again today and performed well for me. 11/14 fairways, no slices and the 3 misses where up the left side that just didn't fade back enough but where all playable.
I’m no shaft expert, but it seems like Callaway did a really good job pairing the Mav head with the Riptide. The combo works well for me, very happy with it. I haven’t messed with any other shafts because I’m not even sure what I’d want to try to improve. The biggest improvement would probably come from changing out the loose nut at the grip end of the shaft! 😆

Last edited:
I’m no shaft expert, but it seems like Callaway did a really good job pairing the Mav head with the Riptide. The combo works well for me, very happy with it. I haven’t messed with any other shafts because I’m not even sure what I’d want to try to improve. The biggest improvement would probably come from changing out the looose nut at the grip end of the shaft! 😆
They did, it is a very smooth feeling shaft. It seems to play true to flex for me. It is also a decent looking shaft graphics wise.

I have a factory Riptide 60X off my first Mavrik SZ that's been sitting here for quite a while now, if anyone would be interested. If not I should probably get off my butt and sell it on eBay. Seems a shame to let it go to waste.

My Coool 7X feels fantastic in my . Surprisingly, it feels softer than the Ventus 7X. It’ll be interesting comparing on course.

Shaft battle update.

finally got the Rapsodo working. Very very interesting results.
My swing was not on point yesterday. When it’s off, I tend to have a two way miss.
I like the Rapsodo a lot, unfortunately it is still somewhat limited, so when comparing shafts I actually have to use a separate pre-set club to actually record data.

For this test:
Head is Mavrik standard
Rapsodo clubs:
D: Rogue White shaft
5w: Hzrdus Yellow
Ot: Attas Coool 6

2E516B29-F240-4108-A497-B4DD83E9BA5D.jpeg
B92BBCD4-1781-48BF-B317-754DEB11B227.jpeg

very interesting results. As I stated, swing as off, but good enough to feel confident in the data.
I didn’t swing the Rogue White as much, as I knew the tendencies to have a two-way miss.

results:
While I feel the coool 6 seems to have a great feel, it sprayed quite a bit with a two way miss.
The Rogue White showed why it has been my gamer the last couple months. Stable and productive.
Winner: Hzrdus Yellow. At least in this windy cold early winter. The very interesting part, was that I could not miss wide right. Completely stayed away from the right side. Penetrating flight. Misses were generally left, but that’s okay at my home course. This goes directly in the bag for my round today.
Will update post-round.

Another great day with the Mavrik Max despite significant post-lesson swing confusion. I did lose one OB, but it was actually a decent ball just a tad left. Took 10 drivers today and had open looks on 9/10. This thing is a weapon!!!

Did a driver fitting today. Didn’t want to get crazy with upcharge shafts and whatnot so I just hit stock offerings and made adjustments as needed.

Ended up with the Mavrik Sub Zero with a 10.5 head. Draw setting with the Riptide 5.5R shaft.

It will be nice going into the new year with confidence in the big stick.

Also hit Sim, Sim Max, & Ping G410 FWIW.

Back