Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Wrapped up the seasons with one final round and still really enjoying all the fairways and hybrids. 4h Standard is quickly becoming my favorite of the bunch now, and used it quite a bit off the tee towards the end of the year. Safe to say all of these will be staying in the bag for quite a while and already getting excited for the spring.

I've been hitting the 9w in the dome and I really like it.
I can hit fairly straight and it gaps well with my other clubs.
Going to be hard for me not to game this club.

Went to Club Champion today to fit the Mavrik clubs I picked up at CPO.
Look how close I hit the Max HW and 9W:

12FCAA83-1A84-4E93-8DC2-81B17A200B85.jpeg
Makes me think that some thing is not right with the HW. With it coming from CPO, never known what someone might have done. Or it could be that I just hit the short shaft better. Same shaft in each club.

The fairways continue to shine. Easy to hit and launch, getting consistent carry yardages. The stock Riptide shaft is perfect in these fairways for me.

Mavrik 4 Hybrid is;

The New used 3+ needs some work yet. Still pulling it left.. But Long

Mavrik 4 Hybrid is;

Pulling it left try moving it slightly back in your stance.

Pulling it left try moving it slightly back in your stance.
Thanks. I will try that. I'm hitting it really well. The two times I used it today. I needed to keep it on the right side of the fairway as both slope to the left. Both ended up OK but in the deeper rough just left and short of the green.

Thanks. I will try that. I'm hitting it really well. The two times I used it today. I needed to keep it on the right side of the fairway as both slope to the left. Both ended up OK but in the deeper rough just left and short of the green.
It happens to me also, I let it creep forward in my stance and end up pullling it left. It happens.

Used the Mavrik 3W & Mavrik Max 7W indoors yesterday. They were about the only clubs I actually hit well. The 7W is so easy to hit straight & high. Might have to pick up a 5W or 4W at some point.

Mavrik 4 Hybrid is;

My Mav 4H is my favorite hybrid ever.

I tend to miss left, especially with woods, so I try and feel like I’m hitting a smooth little push, and it’s worked really well for me.

These I hit pretty well today, they are easy to hit, launch high and get some decent roll out.

Hit the 3+ & HW today in the dome.
Pleased with my results. The 3+ Could change my game next year. Surprised how easy it is to hit from the turf.

So, has someone hit the Mavrik Fairway vs. the Mavrik Max and notice a difference?
If so - in what way?
Thinking of picking up a 4W in a Regular Mavrik Head.

So, has someone hit the Mavrik Fairway vs. the Mavrik Max and notice a difference?
If so - in what way?
Thinking of picking up a 4W in a Regular Mavrik Head.

I haven’t hit the standard but I own the 3 wood Max and it’s probably 3-4 degrees closed and has a much larger, shallower head. I prefer shallow fairway woods but I’ve since gone back to my Epic Flash standard 3.
4663048e5587ff4cd8faad93157d75c4.jpg

23a2d1ff79633a8727c05468f474d7a4.jpg

I imagine the Mavrik standard is similar in shape and performance to the Epic Flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still looking to find a 7h mav max in CPO, but can't find one.

Last edited:
Well my Mav Max HW is going back - Going to try a regular Mav 4W which they had in a 70R. Should slow me down a bit and give me some launch.

Well my Mav Max HW is going back - Going to try a regular Mav 4W which they had in a 70R. Should slow me down a bit and give me some launch.

The standard Mavrik fairways are phenomenal, Mark. Amazing feel off a hot face. They don’t have that leading edge like the Max fairways, but I know you don’t need any help elevating fairways. I had the Mav 4W in Riptide 70s, and it was AWESOME. It was a bomber off the tee and hit lasers off the deck. I just preferred my Max 5w from the deck, so I stuck with the 3+/5w setup. But the 4w is very fun.

Last edited:
The standard Mavrik fairways are phenomenal, Mark. Amazing feel off a hot face. They don’t have that leading edge like the Max fairways, but I know you don’t need any help elevating fairways. I had the Mav 4W in Riptide 70s, and it was AWESOME. It was a bomber off the tee and hit lasers off the deck. I just preferred my Max 5w from the deck, so I suck with the 3+/5w setup. But the 4w is very fun.
Thanks for the info. If this set up works, I'd be set up as 3+/4W/9W/25* Hybrid.

I honestly could not believe how well I hit the 9W, It's crazy good - From the first swing!
I also could see using this as a 75 yard chipper - I really need to work with this in the Dome.

Has anyone changed the 2gm weight in their Mavrik 3W? I'm hitting mine fairly well, actually one of my more often used clubs, but wondered what the effect would be by increasing the weight. I could take it to the range and experiment, but just wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Thanks for the info. If this set up works, I'd be set up as 3+/4W/9W/25* Hybrid.

I honestly could not believe how well I hit the 9W, It's crazy good - From the first swing!
I also could see using this as a 75 yard chipper - I really need to work with this in the Dome.
So I got the Mavrik 4W in and as @JMB3 stated, It's the Bomb,
Took it Club Champion on Wed and hit some tremendous off the mat shots.
The Riptide 70/5.5 is exactly what the Doctor ordered!
It's going to be a "Yardage Eater" for me.

Picked up a Mavrik 3-wood at my local golf shop today. They were clearing out their 2020 stock with pretty good discounts. The stock Riptide in 70 6.5 turned out to be a great fit for me.

Unfortunately, it won't see any action out on course until the snow melts in the spring. Can't wait!

I have a Mav Max driver and hybrids, but bought the Mav 4w because the Max doesn't have a 4w. I also have to wait for spring to get on to the course. I am going to TopGolf this friday, but nothing like playing real golf.

Sorry to join the party late fellas but CPO “Like New” was a gold mine. Blind buy on moving from Stiff to Regular Flex but I think I’m going to like it! Catalyst 60 5.5s in the hybrids and Evenflow Riptide 5.5 in the 3 Wood.

I have the driver in Max and have really enjoyed it, Regular Flex as well. I pondered the hybrids in the Max version but decided to pass. I like how this easily transitions from Rogue to Mavrik in the standard model.

Haven’t had a fairway wood in the bag in years and the reviews I read on the Max with helping to get the ball up in the air and forgiveness I’m like let’s give it another shot!

Attachments

• 612B8DBF-3412-40A0-9C8F-FCE0C723442B.jpeg
    612B8DBF-3412-40A0-9C8F-FCE0C723442B.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 24
Back