Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Still dreaming about these daily. Don't need no Fridays to bring on this ponder, which really is just a waiting game for release. Add on the Gauntlet potential with these and Roger freaking Cleveland...incredible.

Still dreaming about these daily. Don't need no Fridays to bring on this ponder, which really is just a waiting game for release. Add on the Gauntlet potential with these and Roger freaking Cleveland...incredible.
It's pretty much a guarantee that I'll bag one or two of these. Most likely 48 and 52 black

It's pretty much a guarantee that I'll bag one or two of these. Most likely 48 and 52 black

58* is the guarantee for me. In black. If I didn't like the green so much I'd consider striping it and get the murdered out look. Tack on the kickin' UTx grips and these are a home run for me.

My Mackdaddy 2 60* is by far the best wedge I've ever played. Anyone know what/if there are any advantages over this new model?

For us lefties who have been stuck with a 52, 56, & 60 wedge combination, we finally have a Callaway option for 50, 54, & 58. Can't wait.

For us lefties who have been stuck with a 52, 56, & 60 wedge combination, we finally have a Callaway option for 50, 54, & 58. Can't wait.
I think that is a really nice move by them to give more loft options for lefties. As an organization with their lead tour player as a lefty, they do have the most options out there.

I think that is a really nice move by them to give more loft options for lefties. As an organization with their lead tour player as a lefty, they do have the most options out there.
Agreed. However, from a business bottom line standpoint it's probably not a great investment to have a larger than normal options for lefties. I'm happy since most PW in sets are around 45-46 degrees. That allows me to have better gaping in the scoring irons.

Agreed. However, from a business bottom line standpoint it's probably not a great investment to have a larger than normal options for lefties. I'm happy since most PW in sets are around 45-46 degrees. That allows me to have better gaping in the scoring irons.
I try not to be stuck on lofts. Better to gap by distance. A nice 15 yd gap between clubs then I really work on half swings (3 to 9) to take about 10 yds off a club. However I will own 46 or 48 and 50 or 52 black md3 wedges when released :)

I try not to be stuck on lofts. Better to gap by distance. A nice 15 yd gap between clubs then I really work on half swings (3 to 9) to take about 10 yds off a club. However I will own 46 or 48 and 50 or 52 black md3 wedges when released :)

I think you mean 46 and 48 and 50 and 52. :smile:

What up Kang. Did you say half swing? I didn't see that once from you during the #TheKing ?

Will have an update on these coming soon.

Oh man, I cannot wait to have Roger freakin' Cleveland himself teach me how to hit one of these.

I had a pretty brief experience with these wedges and came away impressed at both the performance and the looks. A nice progression in their wedge line.

If these are as versatile as the PM grinds, I will be getting a 52* for sure.

Will have an update on these coming soon.

Interested to hear your thoughts Josh. Hopkins 54 has been treating me well, but I'm super interested in one of these in a wide sole.

This weekend reminded me of how much I like the S Grind in both my 54 and 58. I am really looking forward to getting to try these and get them in my bag.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of gaming black wedges. Can't wait to give these a hit.

This might be the first set to make me play 46/50/54/58.

Back