Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

i absolutely love the look of these, even the grips. i really hope they work out for me.
I hope they work out for you too, after next weekend ?

i absolutely love the look of these, even the grips. i really hope they work out for me.

The grips might be the best part. If I didn't already have the Masters Edition UTx on my irons, I'd be doing everything short of begging for a full set. They're even 100x better in person too.

Mines set to Tuesday with the same setup as Alez, but 58 w Grind.

That black on black is kick A$$!!

Love the Black on Black!
Will be trying these out!

I really like the looks and the versatility these new wedges will offer! Dang Santa Claus will be busy this year because a ton of golfers will have these on their list.:golf2:

I love the black finish. I hope it's as durable as the SM5 black finish

My thoughts exactly. My SM5 52* has held up well in the black finish. I will be buying a MD3 54* this weekend.

Watched the Roger Cleveland videos on Callaway YouTube channel and thinking I want a 52 and a 56 in these and I really like the black finish

I will have these.

Thinking 50/56/60 or 52/56/60 or even just 52/58...

They are gorgeous though in person!

I will have these.

Thinking 50/56/60 or 52/56/60 or even just 52/58...

They are gorgeous though in person!
It's going to be hard to not go into work tomorrow and just drool all over these. The photos just don't do them enough justice.

It's going to be hard to not go into work tomorrow and just drool all over these. The photos just don't do them enough justice.

They really don't.

Black or silver? That's the question

They don't come in a 54?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really don't.

Black or silver? That's the question
I asked myself the same question. I answered it with C) both. But I'm starting with the 58* in black then getting 54* in Satin potentially down the road.

I asked myself the same question. I answered it with C) both. But I'm starting with the 58* in black then getting 54* in Satin potentially down the road.

My Cleveland are black but not as black as these. They are truly a nice, rich black color.

Went and checked these out at GolfSmith while on break and boy are the gorgeous. Don't really have a place for one in my bag right now so I might have to get one for the lady instead and just use hers. Ha

I really like the looks of these and may try to hit them soon.

not ready to drop the coin on them yet but I think if I do, I'll go 48, 54, 58 this time. just find that my 54 and 50 are just to close distance wise right now.

So I was able to get my 54 out for 18 yesterday.

Absolutely love this club!

Had a greenside bunker shot I hit to inside a foot.

Bunch of approach shots that were dialed in and right on the pin.

Need to get comfortable with the distances inside of 100 with it.

Definitely think this club has knocked out my Hopkins Heel/Toe 54.

The grip is so great, love the UTX but with the lime green - performs and looks good.

54/10 procured today. I didn't get along well with the MD2's so hoping to see quite a difference during Monday's round.

More to come.

Saw these in person today.

They look really nice in person.

I have played 5 rounds with the MD3's
The feel just keeps getting better.

So today was the first round with the new 54* in the bag. Spent a few minutes with it on the green pre-round and could immediately tell a difference over the MD2. It definitely feels more solid at impact and not "hollow" to me like the MD2 did. Practiced just a tad both the lower bump and run followed by more carry and had zero issues doing both.

On the course it was more of the same. I played several really good bump & runs from the greenside rough and nearly holed 2 of them leaving me 1-2 feet for pars. One of the shots that impressed me the most was the 12th and I was about 10 yards short of the green and about 25-30 yards overall to the pin slightly uphill. I played a really aggressive mid flight pitch that bounced, checked and stopped within 4 feet of the hole - probably stopped within 5 feet of where it landed. That's a shot I used to be decent with but lost it along the way.

A few of the shots reminded me of how good I used to be greenside and this wedge really started giving me that confidence again today.

Design wise the weight feels really good. My guess is that the weight ports have a ton do with how much more solid this wedge feels compared to previous versions. And that's the word that comes to mind that I mentioned to afwcardinal today - SOLID. This wedge is SOLID...from feel to performance. Very happy I picked this up upon release.....Callaway has missed with wedges lately but this changes that finally....for me.

Back