Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Current State: Frustrated.

I just can't get my driver/wood swing working right now, and I am super frustrated. I am still screwed up with this change in how I am gripping things, path/face are all sorts of messed up. The odd time I think I have hit one great, and it is absolutely terrible. My best swings are still terrible compared to the ones I was having a month ago.

Its not you driver, it is me. Apologies for the number of balls I have hit off the heel, off the sole, off the crown... I'm sorry.
I’m sorry you are dealing with the swing changes and issues. Testing the forgiveness is commendable though.

I’m sorry you are dealing with the swing changes and issues. Testing the forgiveness is commendable though.
Yeah, I am seeing a ton of "you almost completely missed the ball, but you still hit it 150 - 170 yds."

To the point it may be time to take a week off, or a couple, and try to reset. Keep working on the grip, but ditch swings and hitting a ball.

We can't all be "Jeff Spicoli Robot" level of consistency.

Yeah, I am seeing a ton of "you almost completely missed the ball, but you still hit it 150 - 170 yds."

To the point it may be time to take a week off, or a couple, and try to reset. Keep working on the grip, but ditch swings and hitting a ball.

We can't all be "Jeff Spicoli Robot" level of consistency.
Taking a break is not a bad idea. Sounds like you need a trip to NC.

Don’t believe this Jeff Spicoli stuff.

Taking a break is not a bad idea. Sounds like you need a trip to NC.

Don’t believe this Jeff Spicoli stuff.
I definitely need a trip somewhere.....

Anyone notice a big difference on course with the triple diamond and 14g weight front vs back? I’ve played in both settings but I’m leaning towards putting the weight back for a little extra forgiveness. It’s tough because hitting one dead center with the weight forward feels amazing! I notice balls leaking more left and right when not hit perfect with the weight forward though.
Yeah I prefer the heavier weight in the back for the best results for me. But for sound and feel, the heavier weight up front is best I think.

Went to the range on Saturday and I think I found my swing. Just piping the ball, and was surprised how high I was getting it as it was pretty windy out and was expecting them to just get knocked down. If I can keep this swing on the course whenever that might be, I'm going to have whole lota fun.

These have looked really good aesthetically on the broadcasts lately.

Reading through this thread I am getting VERY inpatient waiting on mine. Hopefully it beats the estimates from Callaway

While the rest of my game may be in shambles, I've never had a better top of the bag than right now, and it starts with the confidence I have with the Smoke TD driver. Knowing the control and distance I can get with it, takes the pressure off of the other parts of the game.

Reading through this thread I am getting VERY inpatient waiting on mine. Hopefully it beats the estimates from Callaway
what was your estimated delivery time?

Update on my Ai Smoke. Again, I got one with the Denali Black shaft in it. I played a scramble on Sat with the new driver. Based on age, I was back to the blue tee's while all my competitor's and my partner was up a tee box to the white. With this Smoke driver I not only hung with them but was beyond them on quite a few holes. But the best thing that I've found is that my misses stay on the planet. It's narrowed the dispersion quite a bit. The forgiveness is the best part of this club to me right now.

Update on my Ai Smoke. Again, I got one with the Denali Black shaft in it. I played a scramble on Sat with the new driver. Based on age, I was back to the blue tee's while all my competitor's and my partner was up a tee box to the white. With this Smoke driver I not only hung with them but was beyond them on quite a few holes. But the best thing that I've found is that my misses stay on the planet. It's narrowed the dispersion quite a bit. The forgiveness is the best part of this club to me right now.
Love that you are seeing the forgiveness in action too. The consistency I get even on mishits, is so impressive.

Picked up the Ai Smoke Tad last weekend and played 3 times this week. Best driver ever… hands down. I’m blown away.
What things are sticking out to you most about the driver?

Maiden Voyage with the new driver, and it was decent in very soft very windy conditions.

I hit 50% of Fairways, but all drives were playable even on miss hits. I think that the key take away was distance on mishits. And there were quite a few of those.

Also a note, this driver is longer than what I had been playing. Example:

IMG_1971.jpeg

On this hole, the course has cut down the small grouping of trees on the right hand side, I have been taking right at the water knowing I couldn’t get there. But yesterday, my ball almost went in the water and I was surprised. It gave me a go in two that I proceeded to pull 50 yards left of target. But I had a go never the less. Impressed so far.

Heyyy Love it! Cant wait for you to rip that ring around the course after being teased by it for 4 months.
It starts today!

Well

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

Went with the Max. Standard Tensei S shaft. 9° head. The LinQ white worked really well for me paired with the Cobra AJ last year so I may be looking for one of those to put in here as well if the Tensei struggles.

Ready to get this bag battle officially started. I’ve hit the Smoke on the sim a few different times and out on the course last week with good enough results to make me go grab one of my own. Can it beat out the AJ???

A month from now - and I ordered it 2.5 weeks ago.

When I ordered, it said 3-5 days :(
Damn. Well I hope the weather sucks for you lol

Well

View attachment 9249591

View attachment 9249592

Went with the Max. Standard Tensei S shaft. 9° head. The LinQ white worked really well for me paired with the Cobra AJ last year so I may be looking for one of those to put in here as well if the Tensei struggles.

Ready to get this bag battle officially started. I’ve hit the Smoke on the sim a few different times and out on the course last week with good enough results to make me go grab one of my own. Can it beat out the AJ???
That is an awesome choice!! Best of luck with it!

I didn't take my best swing with me yesterday for my second round of the year, but when I put anything resembling a good swing on it the Max performed. A few holes where I saw a part of the course I haven't seen in a good while, like since my early 30s. Hit a monster on the long par 4 9th hole, giving me a 7 iron in, which is a gift for me. Closed out the round with this gem to give me an 8I into the par 5 18th. Not the longest par 5 out there, but good drives give you a chance to go in two. I was flirting with too long here. Much longer and I could have been in the water.

IMG_0615.jpeg

Forgiveness wise, I definitely noticed a few misses where I got more distance than I probably deserved. Lived on the toe most of the day. I had a crap swing with me but overall really impressed with this driver. Need to get some more time on the range, but other than some possible shaft tinkering I think I'm set for driver this year.

All common reactions! Can you share what your typical launch was versus what it is like with the Smoke?

I didn't take my best swing with me yesterday for my second round of the year, but when I put anything resembling a good swing on it the Max performed. A few holes where I saw a part of the course I haven't seen in a good while, like since my early 30s. Hit a monster on the long par 4 9th hole, giving me a 7 iron in, which is a gift for me. Closed out the round with this gem to give me an 8I into the par 5 18th. Not the longest par 5 out there, but good drives give you a chance to go in two. I was flirting with too long here. Much longer and I could have been in the water.

View attachment 9249623

Forgiveness wise, I definitely noticed a few misses where I got more distance than I probably deserved. Lived on the toe most of the day. I had a crap swing with me but overall really impressed with this driver. Need to get some more time on the range, but other than some possible shaft tinkering I think I'm set for driver this year.
298!!! That's huge, definitely love seeing that - distance is close to what you have seen in the past with other drivers?

I still love this driver. It is not magic, because if you swing like trash, you will get trash results. But it sure is the most forgiving driver I have played when you don't hit the high center sweet spot.

298!!! That's huge, definitely love seeing that - distance is close to what you have seen in the past with other drivers?
Too early to say definitively. I did feel like I got a bit more out of some of my misses.

Back