Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Too early to say definitively. I did feel like I got a bit more out of some of my misses.
That is one of the best feelings to me and something I have not seen out of all releases recently. I miss. I know on the internet that doesn't happen to a lot of people, but it surely does to me.

Too early to say definitively. I did feel like I got a bit more out of some of my misses.
Also a very common refrain I think for folks. But I look forward to hearing more as you get to spend more time with it!

I moved on from my max trial, i know i should have gotten the 9* head but i have had success with 10.5* Callaway heads dropped down a degree. This one launched high and spin was high for me. Also, the swing weight was a bit light with my GD shafts and the heavier sliding weight just added more launch and spin for me. May revisit with the triple diamond or a 8/9* max head later this summer. For now my trusty Ping g430 lst will stay in the bag if it can get my one more challenger

Just called Callaway and my Max D driver with Vanquish shaft isn't going to ready until May 15th.:cry::cry: It's the shaft of course. The good news- I live in Wisconsin. I could change it out to a different shaft, could try the UST Helium Nanocore as another light weight but that would be sight unseen. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

9/14 (64%) fairways hit today with the Ai Smoke Max. I went from the parking lot straight to the first tee and my warmup consisted of one practice swing before I teed off, so I was a little rough the first few holes. I was hitting all fades today, but the forgiveness of the Ai Smoke did a good job of minimizing the damage, keeping me in bounds and in play - the one exception was when I tried to take advantage of the fade to cut a dogleg right on #3 and overcooked it, ended up in a back yard. I was 3/7 FW hit on the front nine, and 6/7 on the back after I warmed up and was swinging a little better.

I'm enjoying my Paradym X head a lot. Gives me tons of forgiveness along with distance that is silly at times. I think I want to track down a Smoke head and see the benefits because I keep going back to the heat map of the face and where my miss is really excites me to see even more yards off center.

I'm enjoying my Paradym X head a lot. Gives me tons of forgiveness along with distance that is silly at times. I think I want to track down a Smoke head and see the benefits because I keep going back to the heat map of the face and where my miss is really excites me to see even more yards off center.
I had the Paradym X and loved it. So much so that I thought Callaway was going to have a hard time making anything better, but they did. I don't notice much, if any, difference in distance on center face hits, but I notice a lot of difference in off-center hits - in both ball speed retention (distance) and dispersion.

really really really need to go try the Ai Smoke Max and Max D somewhere... would be really cool if someone had a bunch of LINQ shafts and the Hypersonic in their fitting carts but that is highly unlikely

really really really need to go try the Ai Smoke Max and Max D somewhere... would be really cool if someone had a bunch of LINQ shafts and the Hypersonic in their fitting carts but that is highly unlikely
It costs, but usually Club Champion has a pretty good selection. Maybe Golftec. Might be worth calling around a bit.

It costs, but usually Club Champion has a pretty good selection. Maybe Golftec. Might be worth calling around a bit.
Yeah, good reminder, thanks! I should have looked more closely at the shafts on the wall at Golftec when I was there yesterday! Closest CC is at least 2.5 hours away. Not a great golf market here unfortunately.

That is one of the best feelings to me and something I have not seen out of all releases recently. I miss. I know on the internet that doesn't happen to a lot of people, but it surely does to me.
The distance retention on misses is the most eye opening thing that I have noticed.

The distance retention on misses is the most eye opening thing that I have noticed.
Yeah it’s incredible, that first round at Briggs I was living in the bottom half of the face. There was really only one drive that I noticed a considerable drop in distance and I hit the very bottom of the face on that one and only failed to cover the bunker by a few yards.

Yeah it’s incredible, that first round at Briggs I was living in the bottom half of the face. There was really only one drive that I noticed a considerable drop in distance and I hit the very bottom of the face on that one and only failed to cover the bunker by a few yards.
I’m with you. Spent the first round hitting a good inch towards the toe. I think I missed two fairways all day.

I think you'd like the Max head Mike, when we tee it up again, I'll let you use mine. It will setup a slot like the X but the forgiveness on the toe and heel are so much better

I think you'd like the Max head Mike, when we tee it up again, I'll let you use mine. It will setup a slot like the X but the forgiveness on the toe and heel are so much better
I'm trying to find the time and get some eyes on that bag. Between kids, weather and sports, it's been tough, but we will make it happen.

maybe a range session at memorial park one day.

I'm trying to find the time and get some eyes on that bag. Between kids, weather and sports, it's been tough, but we will make it happen.

maybe a range session at memorial park one day.
Sounds great, there for it

Hit some balls yesterday in the garage after what feels like too long of a layoff. The sound of the Ai Smoke Max is infectious and one that I’m always eager to hear. Swing speed was way down, but I was seeing good ball flight numbers on the SIM. My miss as of late has been low on the face, resulting in low launching bullets. I can only imagine what numbers will look like once I move the strike up to the center of the face.

Got some range time yesterday in between dealing with work and kids. After a week off for spring break I was putting some really rusty swings on the driver. I don't think I hit it in the center once. However, I was still seeing that mid/high penetrating flight, good launch conditions, and straight ball flight (even when off the toe which is where I was living yesterday). Great results even after a week off and a rusty swing! So glad I have this club in the bag this year

What things are sticking out to you most about the driver?
the distance is insane. Just put a nice smooth swing on it and it is like a rocket launcher. And they're not lying about the forgiveness. I had a TD a few versions back and I didn't hit it well, especially when I miss off the toe. With this, I'm pretty confident that even if I miss, It's in play somewhere along with good distance.

The sound is pure as well.

What things are sticking out to you most about the driver?
This was my first swing with it in the sim - my wife was getting fit and the fitter asked what I was hitting… he then suggested trying out the Ai TD…. I was like.. “no my current driver is fine”…. I got a new driver that day… 😬🤣

IMG_2379.jpeg

This was my first swing with it in the sim - my wife was getting fit and the fitter asked what I was hitting… he then suggested trying out the Ai TD…. I was like.. “no my current driver is fine”…. I got a new driver that day… 😬🤣

View attachment 9249823
I can see why :ROFLMAO:

Hit some balls yesterday in the garage after what feels like too long of a layoff. The sound of the Ai Smoke Max is infectious and one that I’m always eager to hear. Swing speed was way down, but I was seeing good ball flight numbers on the SIM. My miss as of late has been low on the face, resulting in low launching bullets. I can only imagine what numbers will look like once I move the strike up to the center of the face.
I hit one low on the face the other day. Never got above 20 feet and still rolled out to almost a well struck driver distance. In the rough. Crazy.

I'm getting a Callaway fitting at the British Golf Show on the 18th May. Despite having a Paradym in the bag at the moment my plan was to get the AI Smoke fitted based on the very initial launch information and results.

This thread, and the majority positive feedback, is making it increasingly hard for me not to just go to my local pro shop/range and pay a demo fee to try one out (£8 for a session with 20 balls included - which of course I'd add to) ! So hard to wait for another 2 months.....

I hit one low on the face the other day. Never got above 20 feet and still rolled out to almost a well struck driver distance. In the rough. Crazy.
The distance off those strikes is crazy. Last time I played @JB said you barely covered the hazard and the ball rolled out farther than my well struck drive. Mind boggling!!!

I'm getting a Callaway fitting at the British Golf Show on the 18th May. Despite having a Paradym in the bag at the moment my plan was to get the AI Smoke fitted based on the very initial launch information and results.

This thread, and the majority positive feedback, is making it increasingly hard for me not to just go to my local pro shop/range and pay a demo fee to try one out (£8 for a session with 20 balls included - which of course I'd add to) ! So hard to wait for another 2 months.....
Thats awesome, despite the date being so far out!

Back