Callaway Paradym Fairway Woods

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Although much of the focus from the public eye surrounding Callaway releases is always on the driver, make no mistake that the company is extremely proud of their fairway woods as well. Reaching the top of the mountain in that segment is something the company doesn’t take lightly, and while it would have been easy to rest on what was accomplished with Rogue Max and its dominance, that wouldn’t be Callaway.

Continue reading...

It’s happening!!!

Excellent. Great read. Can't wait for all the GD feedback!!!

• Staff
153F4760-677F-42F0-A905-46782E809449.jpeg0B74E350-3CC5-46FB-890C-15D91C39AFF8.jpegBF53DDEC-8C44-43F8-9561-EBF679DB14D3.jpeg790DFD93-8A14-4115-9ECD-7E013FA9EC86.jpeg

◇◇◇ yummy. May have to try out some FW this year!

Wow those look really good in-hand, love that they brought back the adjustability to the FW line

I like the look and I’m intrigued by the feedback from the Grandaddy. I’ve never been a fw wood player but I’ll give them a swing for sure

Heck. Yes.

I haven't played a fairway in a bit, but might change that this winter and these have my attention. Love that the adjustability is back. They seem shallower in the face than the last callaways I played, which believe was the last Epic. And I love the look over the ball. The sweep of the face piece where it meets the forged carbon is just gorgeous on the whole line. I love that perpendicular alignment visual and it's really clean on these.

A 5 wood may be in my future here.

And I have a few questions for the Grandaddy guys when things calm down a bit.

Last edited:
dang it! Welp OG Rogue, you may be on the chopping block but will this new Paradym be able to unleash whispy traj like you old girl? Ahhhh

Use of forged carbon in the sole saves weight to allow for: ADJUSTABILITY!

The Paradym fairways feature AI face optimization to tighten up downrange dispersion. The Paradym fairway has higher MOI than the Rogue ST Max, and better ball speed. The increase in ball speed compared directly against the Rogue ST Max (not a 5 year old model) was 5 yards on center strikes, and an increase in 7 yards low on the face.

The fairways have the tungsten speed cartridge, which weighs in at 20-24 grams depending on the model placed low and forward.

The models of the fairways line up well with the drivers. Paradym is going to fit the most golfers, with Paradym X slightly more draw biased, and Triple Diamond for lower launch and spin. The stock shaft options are the same as the drivers, but 10 grams heavier.

As mentioned, the weight savings in the sole allowed for adjustable hosels. The Paradym has an adjustable hosel in the 3w and 3HL, the Paradym X has adjustable hosels in the 3 and 3HL and and the Triple Diamond has adjustability in 3+, 3w, and 5w.

I was really excited to get fit into the fairways. I played an Epic Speed, and struggled getting that airborne and fought duck hook flight. My experience with the Paradym 3w was very positive. In my fitting, it was very easy to get elevated, and similar to the driver, we set the fairway into the draw setting, to get the start line where I wanted. On course, I hit a handful of shots with the 3w. It got through the rough very well, and one tee shot I had on the Clive course, I needed about 255 max for my tee shot. I teed up the 3w and hit a straight laser that ended at 243 yards. Just perfect. The ease with which I could get the ball in the air with the 3 wood was a welcome sight, and it is going to be a real weapon for me this upcoming season.

Last edited:
Damn this looks so good!

Would’ve liked to see a Triple Diamond 3HL.

My favorite thing about these FW's? The adjustability. I've tried adjustable woods in the past but couldn't get along with them due to how the hosel impacted the weight distribution. So why am I excited? One of the first things @DNevsCG noted in the presentation of these is that due to how they are constructed with the carbon fiber, they were able to account for the impact of the hosel weight and distribute weight properly in the head so it would feel more like a bonded hosel. That was confirmed for me at the ECPC when I was able to hit the 3W with zero issue and if I didn't know I wouldn't have been able to tell there was an adjustable hosel on there.

Use of forged carbon in the sole saves weight to allow for: ADJUSTABILITY!

The Paradym fairways feature AI face optimization to tighten up downrange dispersion. The Paradym fairway has higher MOI than the Rogue ST Max, and better ball speed. The increase in ball speed compared directly against the Rogue ST Max (not a 5 year old model) was 5 yards on center strikes, and an increase in 7 yards low on the face.

The fairways have the tungsten speed cartridge, which weighs in at 20-24 grams depending on the model placed low and forward.

The models of the fairways line up well with the drivers. Paradym is going to fit the most golfers, with Paradym X slightly more draw biased, and Triple Diamond for lower launch and spin. The stock shaft options are the same as the drivers, but 10 grams heavier.

As mentioned, the weight savings in the sole allowed for adjustable hosels. The Paradym has an adjustable hosel in the 3w, 3HL, 5w, the Paradym X has adjustable hosels in the same heads and and the Triple Diamond has adjustability in 3+, 3w, and 5w.

I was really excited to get fit into the fairways. I played an Epic Speed, and struggled getting that airborne and fought duck hook flight. My experience with the Paradym 3w was very positive. In my fitting, it was very easy to get elevated, and similar to the driver, we set the fairway into the draw setting, to get the start line where I wanted. On course, I hit a handful of shots with the 3w. It got through the rough very well, and one tee shot I had on the Clive course, I needed about 255 max for my tee shot. I teed up the 3w and hit a straight laser that ended at 243 yards. Just perfect. The ease with which I could get the ball in the air with the 3 wood was a welcome sight, and it is going to be a real weapon for me this upcoming season.
YESSSSS. GD input!!

My favorite thing about these FW's? The adjustability. I've tried adjustable woods in the past but couldn't get along with them due to how the hosel impacted the weight distribution. So why am I excited? One of the first things @DNevsCG noted in the presentation of these is that due to how they are constructed with the carbon fiber, they were able to account for the impact of the hosel weight and distribute weight properly in the head so it would feel more like a bonded hosel. That was confirmed for me at the ECPC when I was able to hit the 3W with zero issue and if I didn't know I wouldn't have been able to tell there was an adjustable hosel on there.
MORE GD input!!

I've heard that these things are ball speed monsters and the forged carbon bottom looks so freaking cool. I do prefer a matte crown but need to see these in person. This year might get expensive for me!

The look of the club is off the charts good!

This has been my issue in the past as well. I’ve always gotten along better with bonded hozel fwy woods.

Let’s f’ing go!!!

I will say these things spit fire like a dragon! Hot and straight.

@Jman do you know what the difference is with the bottoms of the 3 fairways? the Paradym stays with the blue forged composite but the X and the Triple Diamond have a different bottom with what looks like rails.

The fairways were my favorite so far, as I used the 5w on course a LOT. They have something called a tungsten “speed cartridge” that made the 3HL something I could hit off the deck, and the 5w a “grail club” for me. I usually used my 4w off the tee exclusively due to issues getting the ball up from the ground and ridiculous runout due to low flight that made hitting a specific distance hard. Not with this. Again, I tried both the regular and X version, and went with the X. The ball flight was high and straight, and I didn’t have any “lefts” on the range at ECPC, or on the course at the Hideaway. The Hzrdous Silver in S was again my shaft. The FW shafts were 10g heavier than the driver shafts. They are constructed with the same “forged carbon” as the driver line, only in the FWs the forged carbon replaces steel, not Ti, for a large amount of “discretionary” weight available to move around in the club.

On course, the 5w (I did not have the 3HL at The Hideaway) was my best club. I hit a lot of fairways off the tee at 220+, and made some great shots from the fairway, rough, and bunker with the 5w that left me amazed at how easy it was to get the ball up and going straight from the deck or an iffy lie.

clubs9.jpegclubs11.jpeg

I've never even thought about how the adjustability impacts weighting. I'm going to have to try these out now!

You had me at Heavenwood!!!

Also @Doubleb21 are you pointing me towards the Paradym or the Paradym X? This also caught my attention

" According to Callaway, the name of the game here will be easier launch, more spincistency across the face, and an overall neutral flighted experience which should appeal to golfers of all types. "

This has been my issue in the past as well. I’ve always gotten along better with bonded hozel fwy woods.
Then you will absolutely love these if you are looking for adjustment. I couldn't believe it when I hit the 3W. I game a 4W now but there are days when I wish I had a 15° option. So I went standard 3W and plan to bounce back and forth between 15° and 16° as needed.

Man, I think my wallets wishes I grabbed the Rogue ST 5 wood I was eyeing on pre-owned earlier.

Very excited to give these a go. Hopefully I can find a fitting day where they have 5 woods to give a go for.

Back