Callaway Paradym Fairway Woods

I look forward to seeing this in person, both the club and the performance of it
seeing red lisa kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

I added a Paradym 3 wood to the bag last spring and paired it with a LINQ purple shaft. Chose that because I had a LINQ with a callaway tip on for the driver(though I mostly played it with a Tensei White), but matching looked cool. That’s what it’s all about right?

I do like the size of the normal Paradym head, it’s pretty comforting behind the ball and the face height is kind of smack dab in the middle which I like. At times I did struggle hitting it off the turf, but that was technique and being acting a fool. I don’t hit it super high, but off the turf can carry it around 215, which is good for me. I much prefer it off the tee, can sneak a few more yards off of it and the ball flight is definitely higher.

One thing about it though that i noticed on my Apex UW is that the face is getting some rust on it, more an issue on the UW which is really noticeable. I love the rust on my wedges, kind of mixed emotions of it on the 3W. Unsure at this point if I would move over to the AI Smoke 3w, mostly based on looks. I really dig the blueish crown.

Messed around with it tonight during a quick hitting session and lofted it up 1 degree just to see what comes of it. More testing on that is needed. One thing I did notice though is that my SS drops pretty good from driver to 3W…talking like 7-8MPH. I get guilty of trying to steer this club more than anything else so that could be the issue there. Side note, I used to play my fairways 1 flex down, maybe I should go back to that theory. Will decide on that as my swing gets back into some sort of shape.

I continue to be impressed with how effortless it is to hit my Paradym 3W off the deck. Topping it it chunking it isn’t even a thought anymore. It’s slowly becoming my favorite club in the bag

Just ordered an X 7w. Little scared about the draw bias, but went with that model due to "highest launching". Excited to see if it can succeed where others have failed in kicking out the V Steel.
Didn't realize my 7w, that was becoming possibly my favorite club in the bag by the end of the year was an X when I ordered my 5w. 🤦‍♂️

Preliminary tests with it are equally promising, so 🤞

Still playing the Paradym X 3 wood with a 65g HZRDUS silver shaft even though I've been tempted multiple times to trade it for a new AI Smoke Max.

Still love how this club feels when you square it up and I'm still amazed at how much distance I get off mishits. With the AI Smoke Max I was seeing about 10 yards more than the Paradym X, but it's hard to give up on a club when it's been so good to you.

Had a long ways into a Par 5 (into the wind) on Friday and still absurd to me how well the ball flight with the X is penetrating and works so well in those elements. I dont' have the distance to get myself on in two on Par 5's anymore, but leaving myself simple pitch shots into the green has been a lot of fun.

161 ball speed out of my Paradym TDT 3+ is just HILARIOUS.

like it more than Smoke??? #s better still?
Don’t know, I’m not paying to find a Triple Diamond T head in the smoke to try, I spent too much on this one, hahaha

Don’t know, I’m not paying to find a Triple Diamond T head in the smoke to try, I spent too much on this one, hahaha
Well that's fair. better than the normal 💎💎💎smoke though?

Well that's fair. better than the normal 💎💎💎smoke though?
With as deep faced as the T head is, it makes the standard TD look shallow, so it’s not really apples to apples. Not dodging the question, just two very different heads.

I would love to hit the smoke T head, but I don’t know that it will ever happen.

I've have great success with my Paradym 3HL. I'm not a long bomber by any means, but I've recently hit a few 240+ off the tee with this club. This past Saturday I was 274 out on a par 5. With a 15ish mph helping wind, I was able to reach the front fringe of an elevated green, which means it went about 250 with a Chrome Soft X LS ball. One of the best fairway woods off the deck for me ever.

I'm very tempted to replace this it with an Ai Smoke Max 3HL, but shots like these are slowing my roll. hahaha.

I said it a while back, but the Paradym has been the best ever fairway I've played out of the rough thanks to the sole design, and that actually is one of the things I appreciate the most about it.

anyone else get some rust on the face of these?
In here digging for info on the fairways and saw this. I did get rust on my UW face and was sure I put it away wet or something (which is very unlikely as I clean and dry the clubs every time I use them). Interesting

I didn’t really give the TD a shot last year as I stuck with the 17° UW.

I put it in play today and it did really well. Very good into the wind I think I need to mix it in more and give it a real trial.

Back