Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

It is. Funny thing is anyone that I know that has hit these puts them on the top, or close to the top, of their list. I even let my friend from GG try these out after purchase and he said he never hit them prior to that and he was impressed with the feel on these. I guess "the buzz" on these are just not as strong as the other OEM's clubs.

Although it would be nice if they participated in some sort of testing to get the word out. I'm sure once folks try them they won't put them down.

Yeah, perhaps Callaway should take a look at some testing with THP, I would love to see that. I think they have a super solid line up this year in the iron department and it's just depressing to me that they aren't at the tops of more lists but what can you do? I sure love them!

Yeah, perhaps Callaway should take a look at some testing with THP, I would love to see that. I think they have a super solid line up this year in the iron department and it's just depressing to me that they aren't at the tops of more lists but what can you do? I sure love them!

Dude, it's like the Mashies where everyone was like, "What the hell is a Mashie?" and as soon as they hit it they weren't able to put it down. Of course giving a few folks the chance to put them to the test and write up about them certainly helped and I think the RX's and the RXT's could definitely benefit from some sort of testing as well. Real unfortunate because these clubs are real sleepers, IMO.

Dude, it's like the Mashies where everyone was like, "What the hell is a Mashie?" and as soon as they hit it they weren't able to put it down. Of course giving a few folks the chance to put them to the test and write up about them certainly helped and I think the RX's and the RXT's could definitely benefit from some sort of testing as well. Real unfortunate because these clubs are real sleepers, IMO.

True that Spank. What grips did you decide to put on your RXT's?

True that Spank. What grips did you decide to put on your RXT's?

They have stock right now because I want to make sure I stick with the Rifles. But once I make up my mind with the shaft I'm gonna go with the red VDR's. They're just too sexy and plus I have some spare that if anything happens I can easily replace them myself.

I'm really curious what the C-Tapers can do on these though.

They have stock right now because I want to make sure I stick with the Rifles. But once I make up my mind with the shaft I'm gonna go with the red VDR's. They're just too sexy and plus I have some spare that if anything happens I can easily replace them myself.

I'm really curious what the C-Tapers can do on these though.

There's only one way to find out buddy. You know I had the Rifle 6.0's. Thought they were great shafts. How awesome is the finish on the RXT's?

There's only one way to find out buddy. You know I had the Rifle 6.0's. Thought they were great shafts. How awesome is the finish on the RXT's?

You know I tried the DGS300, Rifle and PX 6.0 and the KBS Tours and I'm launching them all at 18-19 deg. I'm thinking if the C-Tapers have the same feel as the Tours and lower my launch and spin it could be a winner.

I'm digging the finish since it's that matte chrome rather than the shiny polished chrome. It's all really put together nicely. It's a nice blend of sleek and bada$$.

I just got the Razr forge with 6.0 px flighted after 2 rounds of play some thoughts. Working on my iron play as its been weak of late but my 2nd round out with them hit 12 of 18 greens and 77 with a double on par 3 where I got too aggressive (feeling my oats) and big mistake short side. The quick answer is these are best feeling clubs I've ever played. The club gives immediate feedback but not too harsh. Toe hits you know immediately but I 've found these to be pretty forgiving for a players club. The clubs flighting of a ball is perfect. I'm very pleased when playing them the boring trajectory and flight. Not hot and low or too high where wind gets at em. The ball comes off very nice and really holds its line which is just amazing.

I had a low punch out of trees and just found it very easy to get out of trouble ball. Sometimes recovery shots are hardest to play. I used a 7 back of stance and just a little draw came out perfect. The wedge is probably the one club not playing as well with and actually need to get the irons fit as there about .5 in short and a little flat for me.

The clubs do a great job cutting through the turf and feel that's a big advantage even out of rough I'm confident I can execute the shot. I'd say in general about .5 club longer than my other clubs which is fine. I know a lot of guys getting new clubs wanting and getting 1-2 clubs longer but I think you sacrifice performance when turning down the lie angles. These are pretty standard angles I believe.

Long irons are very nice to hit and that's a big plus the 5 iron for me is a solid 185 carry now where before that would be my total distance. The rollout is more controlled too. I don't want my irons rolling out a bunch as really defeats purpose unless I want to hit low running shot .

I had about 4 shots inside of 8 feet for birdie from 150 to 100 in so scoring irons really perform well.

I'd have to say all in all these are some really great clubs and good looking in the bag.

That is some great feedback. I love to hear the word forgiving (albiet for a players iron) when people talk about the forged. AHA is really loving his too.

I just got the Razr forge with 6.0 px flighted after 2 rounds of play some thoughts. Working on my iron play as its been weak of late but my 2nd round out with them hit 12 of 18 greens and 77 with a double on par 3 where I got too aggressive (feeling my oats) and big mistake short side. The quick answer is these are best feeling clubs I've ever played. The club gives immediate feedback but not too harsh. Toe hits you know immediately but I 've found these to be pretty forgiving for a players club. The clubs flighting of a ball is perfect. I'm very pleased when playing them the boring trajectory and flight. Not hot and low or too high where wind gets at em. The ball comes off very nice and really holds its line which is just amazing.

I had a low punch out of trees and just found it very easy to get out of trouble ball. Sometimes recovery shots are hardest to play. I used a 7 back of stance and just a little draw came out perfect. The wedge is probably the one club not playing as well with and actually need to get the irons fit as there about .5 in short and a little flat for me.

The clubs do a great job cutting through the turf and feel that's a big advantage even out of rough I'm confident I can execute the shot. I'd say in general about .5 club longer than my other clubs which is fine. I know a lot of guys getting new clubs wanting and getting 1-2 clubs longer but I think you sacrifice performance when turning down the lie angles. These are pretty standard angles I believe.

Long irons are very nice to hit and that's a big plus the 5 iron for me is a solid 185 carry now where before that would be my total distance. The rollout is more controlled too. I don't want my irons rolling out a bunch as really defeats purpose unless I want to hit low running shot .

I had about 4 shots inside of 8 feet for birdie from 150 to 100 in so scoring irons really perform well.

I'd have to say all in all these are some really great clubs and good looking in the bag.

That is some great feedback. I love to hear the word forgiving (albiet for a players iron) when people talk about the forged. AHA is really loving his too.

we put a lot of swings on these irons at the demo day. I really enjoyed hitting them. I was surprised at how high I was hitting them.

You do strike the ball like legend dude.

we put a lot of swings on these irons at the demo day. I really enjoyed hitting them. I was surprised at how high I was hitting them.

I got the chance to hit my buddies razr x's tonite. All I can say is anyone want some R9's? I need some razr x's!!!!!

If there is a razr forged thread sorry as I couldn't find it. Love the razrs

wanted to give another quick update to the razr forged blades. Now gotten about 10 rounds with them and can safely say best clubs ever played. When first started distance was about the same then noticed I was about half club longer now I'm full club longer than my Rac lt's. Length really wasn't goal but nice hitting 8 from 160 in now. The ball flight on these clubs continues to be perfect but mostly how the ball stays on line so well. Playing draws and fades much easier and whats really got me going lower now. Shooting mid to upper 70's consistently. The clubs rarely over cook with no offset giving more confidence to hit shot. What I've really noticed lately that I didn't before is how flighting a ball is so good. I mean it's much easier to hit low hooks or fades with these clubs they stay really on line and don't have to over compensate to do it. The flighted CG is a real big benefit. The other area I've been very impressed with is the how this club really performs witht he turf. If in the rough it really cuts through the grass allowing you to get good if not great results. I was in the worse lie of my life 6 inches deep bermuda where my buddies are betting me I can't get it to the fairway 40 yds ahead. I took a 9 iron and made a good swing and hit it about 130 yds. Everyones jaw dropped. It cut through that grass so well that's when I knew I had some special clubs.

It takes time getting used to a new set but once dialed in I just can't imagine playing another club.

Hope this helps and keep swinging all.

I went to GG yesterday to hit the R11's, well There was a good looking Razr X forged 6 iron there too. What a sweet iron, I was carrying 180yd average with these. Ball flight was a bit high but I did like the ProjectX shaft. I am now at a loss for what irons to get as these are now close to if not at the top of my list.

I went to GG yesterday to hit the R11's, well There was a good looking Razr X forged 6 iron there too. What a sweet iron, I was carrying 180yd average with these. Ball flight was a bit high but I did like the ProjectX shaft. I am now at a loss for what irons to get as these are now close to if not at the top of my list.

THese are great irons no doubt. I absolutly love mine! There have been great comments about the r11s too. Maybe see if GG willlet you take a couple of 6 irons out on the coourse and see what works better for you there?

I hit these in a sim at GG one day a few weeks back and they felt fabulous, looked good and my dispersion was fantastic with these. Sadly, I was 2 clubs short with them. I grabbed another club to see if it was the sim and it appeared to be the club/me. I want to hit these outside. Loved everything about these but the distance in the sim.

Bought a hybrid set of Razr X's back in April. I came down between them and a set of burner 2.0's. I ended up choosing the Razr's because they just felt better swing after swing. I have really enjoyed them this year out on the course and am very happy with my decision. The hybrid's are amazing. I have been able to out drive my friends with the 3 hybrid, they don't like that too much. I am looking into getting a 2 Hybrid at the end of the season if the price is right.

THese are great irons no doubt. I absolutly love mine! There have been great comments about the r11s too. Maybe see if GG willlet you take a couple of 6 irons out on the coourse and see what works better for you there?

I am going to hit them on grass soon. A driving range here in town has these and the R11's. But as of now the Razr X forged has the edge.

Helitech: You might try posting a WTB ad in the Marketplace. That is the place for this kind of post.

Last edited:
will do, just trying to spread it out... plus i dont have the minimum requirement of posts to have access to that area of the forum yet, and i dont believe in posting random nonsense on the forum to get that requirement fulfilled... also if you guys know of any forum vendors that ship FPO, AP that would be a great deal of help too! thanks again THP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a hybrid set of Razr X's back in April. I came down between them and a set of burner 2.0's. I ended up choosing the Razr's because they just felt better swing after swing. I have really enjoyed them this year out on the course and am very happy with my decision. The hybrid's are amazing. I have been able to out drive my friends with the 3 hybrid, they don't like that too much. I am looking into getting a 2 Hybrid at the end of the season if the price is right.

thanks for the input! i've been on the fence about the 2.0's and the razr's as well but i still can't make up my mind....

Welcome back RAZR X thread!!!

I just wanted to add my support to the standard RAZR X. As a 15-18 Hcp. getting back into golf after a few years, I was not sure the 16 year old Top Flight Tour graphite irons I was playing were really the best bets for me.

At Golfsmith, I hit the RX Tours, Burner 2.0, 1.0, Burner Plus, G15, G20, and the Diablo's. The feel of the RX and the RXT's were the best of the bunch for me. I was a little prejudiced since I have been very happy with my Octane driver and 3 wood. I had hit a Diablo 3 hybrid and really liked it as well. But I was really pleased with the feel and results of the RAZR X's.

I spent a couple hundred bucks and went down to the PGA School in Port St. Lucie for a full fitting and lesson (while on a business trip). We tried the RAZR X's, Burners 2.0's and 710 AP1's on the range with the Trackman.

Result was a good fitting (+1 deg and Project X 5.5 Flighted shafts) that take my swing speed and stance into account. Swing path needs work but the results were much better than with my existing clubs on all hits.

All in all, I picked up a set of RAZR X 3H, 4-AW wit PJX 5.5 F shafts and have hit them at the range once. Merry Christmas to me. Now if it will warm up into the 40's and quit raining maybe I can play 9 with them :)

I hit the Razr X Forged the other day at Golf Galaxy with the PX 6.0 Shafts. Very nice clubs.

Texas, I am leaning toward a set of those for the MC, I keep reading amazing things about them. Did you hit them outside, and if so how was the distance with them?

Texas, I am leaning toward a set of those for the MC, I keep reading amazing things about them. Did you hit them outside, and if so how was the distance with them?
Thought I would bump this thread as I have the Razr X forged irons on my mind. Paired with a PX 6.0 shaft and some stronger lofts I think these could be perfect for me.

Thought I would bump this thread as I have the Razr X forged irons on my mind. Paired with a PX 6.0 shaft and some stronger lofts I think these could be perfect for me.

Have you hit the forged yet, CB? I am curious about the forgiveness. I wanted to give these a shot before I got my CB2's but couldn't find them in lefty anywhere around me. I think they look badass....easily in the top 3 best looking clubs out there right now, IMO.

Back