Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I don’t need another driver. Leave me alone! Sheesh.

I think I'm going to give it another poke tomorrow. Last time it was at the end of a long day of swings and it still surprised me a little. I'm curious what kind of juice and efficiency it has for me a little fresher. Can't really get over how inoffensive the look was. Expected to hate it.

Taking this one for some data this morning before I do some demo on a reno we are starting. Putting the stoutest tipped (currently tipped) Callaway shaft I have into it, Smoke Black 6.5, just to try something that is definitely a different part of the spectrum than the RCH.

Spent the morning looking online at the B21, not sure I will be able to get to a fitting before the end of my season so might buy blind. Trying to figure out a shaft for it. Currently playing a Tensei Orange CK50 R I was fit into. This is a counter balanced, mid kick, 6.0 torque shaft, wonder how the RCH 55 R compares? 🤔

Spent the morning looking online at the B21, not sure I will be able to get to a fitting before the end of my season so might buy blind. Trying to figure out a shaft for it. Currently playing a Tensei Orange CK50 R I was fit into. This is a counter balanced, mid kick, 6.0 torque shaft, wonder how the RCH 55 R compares? 🤔
The RCH 55 is soft at the tip, medium at the middle, and medium at the handle. Looks like the orange is counterbalanced which might mean the head weight you will feel will be a little different.

My 9˚ with the RCH 65S came in today. Probably won't make the range today, but will definitely get out this week as I'm likely not playing this weekend. With all the high launch talk, I could be looking at playing this thing at 8˚ but time will tell.

Initial impressions are pretty positive. It is triangular, but it doesn't bother me much. The blue color is awesome and I kinda dig the chrome shaft. Going to try and play the 65S for a while to see how it performs before trying to tinker with the shafts I have in the hoard. Threw mine on the swingweight scale and it showed D3-4ish which I didn't expect, but that is right in my wheelhouse, so pleasant surprise there!

Only knock is the headcover, where I just think the chrome looks out of place, but I haven't been a fan of Callaway headcovers for a while. No issue though as it'll have a Grandaddy cover on it right away anyhow.

Be strong... be strong... this isn't easy for me. I've impulse bought a car before, I'm surprised I still haven't ordered one of these.

If I am lucky enough to win anything on The Preakness this week I dont think I could refrain from buying the whole fricken line!

If I am lucky enough to win anything on The Preakness this week I dont think I could refrain from buying the whole fricken line!

Pick wisely.

You might have to transfer me to the I am an idiot Thread below!

Callaway online fitting puts the B21 as my 3rd option behind the Mav and Mav Max, way to confuse me Callaway! :(

Callaway online fitting puts the B21 as my 3rd option behind the Mav and Mav Max, way to confuse me Callaway! :(
With your power you probably don't need the B21

Can't wait to get back out on the course again! This thing is a freakin' riot to hit!

Another 18 holes with the B 21. OR A tale of 2 nines.
SMGA league play. Today is our regular "playday" Format Best 2 scores on par 4 & 5 Best 3 on par 3's. Cumulative team scores.
Played lights out on the front. I'm a 21 HC and shot a 44 on the front nine. Played the first two holes Par - par. 3rd hole bogey 4. The first two holes are par 4's and both drives were front and center, baby fades. #4 long par 5 Another good drive, a little more than baby fade but center of fairway. Ended bogey 6 net 4. 5 wood on #5 - bogey. #6 par 3 totaly F'ed up tee shot with a hybrid and took a 5
# 8 & 9 I had long gentle fades to perfect approach positions and finished the front bogey/par
Our team won the front at 8 under
The second nine was another story. In our league if you win a nine you aren't eligible for more winnings in a effort to distribute the $$$ to more people. There are normally 60 players on Wednesday. We were playing the back nine for pride and skins
I had FOUR triple bogies on the back nine, each a result of terrible tee shots. I came over the top on all four resulting in penalty shots. Pushed all four left in the 💩. I'm not sure if it was because I had less incentive (because we couldn't win) or if I just had a major brain fart and lost control of my swing. I had 3 holes that were very good and one mediocre one. I had one excellent drive - dead straight - on 16 but put my second in some really thick rough but did get up and down for a bogey 5.
One more day with the B 21 telling me it wants to be a starter and one more nine with me saying you deserve a better player.
Such is the game of golf. It's days like today that make a person think. I probably need to get back on schedule with my Golftec lessons.
It wasn't the arrow today, the back nine was the Indians fault.

the way this sounds and feels and combining it with a soft ball, i love it.
imo, i can feel the ball compressing on the face, it comes off hot, it explodes.
great great results with me.

Another 18 holes with the B 21. OR A tale of 2 nines.
SMGA league play. Today is our regular "playday" Format Best 2 scores on par 4 & 5 Best 3 on par 3's. Cumulative team scores.
Played lights out on the front. I'm a 21 HC and shot a 44 on the front nine. Played the first two holes Par - par. 3rd hole bogey 4. The first two holes are par 4's and both drives were front and center, baby fades. #4 long par 5 Another good drive, a little more than baby fade but center of fairway. Ended bogey 6 net 4. 5 wood on #5 - bogey. #6 par 3 totaly F'ed up tee shot with a hybrid and took a 5
# 8 & 9 I had long gentle fades to perfect approach positions and finished the front bogey/par
Our team won the front at 8 under
The second nine was another story. In our league if you win a nine you aren't eligible for more winnings in a effort to distribute the $$$ to more people. There are normally 60 players on Wednesday. We were playing the back nine for pride and skins
I had FOUR triple bogies on the back nine, each a result of terrible tee shots. I came over the top on all four resulting in penalty shots. Pushed all four left in the 💩. I'm not sure if it was because I had less incentive (because we couldn't win) or if I just had a major brain fart and lost control of my swing. I had 3 holes that were very good and one mediocre one. I had one excellent drive - dead straight - on 16 but put my second in some really thick rough but did get up and down for a bogey 5.
One more day with the B 21 telling me it wants to be a starter and one more nine with me saying you deserve a better player.
Such is the game of golf. It's days like today that make a person think. I probably need to get back on schedule with my Golftec lessons.
It wasn't the arrow today, the back nine was the Indians fault.
I must add one more comment. My front nine confirms I do have a complete game from tee box to green, my back nine reminded me that when I put it all in one bag, it gets too heavy to carry. Shamelessly stolen from a fellow golfer. Thank you Colonel.

Lmao, well, the Smoke Black 6.5 didn’t really alter flight much at all, not enough at least. :ROFLMAO:

Wish I had a Hulk! :unsure:

Im amply impressed, and will get into some thoughts I had today on “spin retention” as I was pondering it in my head today and came up with that crazy ass term. But, there still distance left out there for me with the towering ball flight.

Back