Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

I am interested in Driver and a 16.5 option in fairways. Keeping my trade bait ready!

More coming, but, for me, these are so so so good.

These are the dark horse.

They are so easy to launch, turf interaction is amazing, and frankly, I was shocked at the spin profile. They spin beautifully, none of this "they're rocket launchers *because super low spin*"

And how they look at address....

I went with 3HL and 5, and I can't wait to get them in hand.

These will sell. A lot..

This cuts deep. 3HL is no good. 4wMafia is not pleased.
Good conversation on this, they went 3HL rather than 4W because the masses prefer it, 4W has never taken hold, and they’ve found a 3w w more loft is more effective than the 4w that is more a 5w with less loft.

Sign me up for the 3HL. Can't wait to hit it.

Good conversation on this, they went 3HL rather than 4W because the masses prefer it, 4W has never taken hold, and they’ve found a 3w w more loft is more effective than the 4w that is more a 5w with less loft.

All great info, thanks! I can appreciate the marketing angle, and if it sells more fast easy to hit 16* fairways so that I have even better options at my disposal, then I guess I am all for it.

Still, I identify as a 4w enthusiast. 👽

All great info, thanks! I can appreciate the marketing angle, and if it sells more fast easy to hit 16* fairways so that I have even better options at my disposal, then I guess I am all for it.

Still, I identify as a 4w enthusiast. 👽

Think of it as a 4wd with more shaft length and grip down.:LOL:

The LS is making my 13.5 quake in its boots.

These look real good. I like what Cally did with the Rogue line this year from a shape and aesthetic direction. These are definitely going to be tested at some point

These look UHHHHH-MAZ-ZING!

Excuse me sir. Grip down?

I shan't. 😜

:LOL: I don't know what the specs are but I think they were climbing to 43.25 inches. I may do that off the tee or if I'm feeling my swing that day off the deck with a great lie. But otherwise, I've got 43 inches in the shaft and my top hand is .5 inches down the grip, which is not much.:censored:

At ECPC it was down to the Max and Max D for me in the fitting. The Max lowered my spin and stayed online for me really well and traveled very far. The D had a more spin and didn’t travel as far but was quite straight during the fitting when I was swinging well with both. I wound up choosing the Max in both as the distance and dispersion was hard to turn down.

I want to add, GRAMS MATTER, a LOT. And that’s what makes these designs more impressive imo.

At ECPC it was down to the Max and Max D for me in the fitting. The Max lowered my spin and stayed online for me really well and traveled very far. The D had a more spin and didn’t travel as far but was quite straight during the fitting when I was swinging well with both. I wound up choosing the Max in both as the distance and dispersion was hard to turn down.

Did you see alot more of a draw with the MAX D? Im trying to decide between these myself.... i like the bigger size and the more upright lie of the max d but i dont want it to be a hook monster. The standard max lie angle seems low and it has me kind of concerned as to how well ill hit it. Either gonna be the max d or the standard max 3HL. Did you test the standard max in HL?

I didn’t even get a chance to try anything other than the LS. This thing is going to be a weapon. Flight was fantastic and the dispersion was mind bogglingly good. The only issue is the 3 may go too far 😳

I love that they brought back the matte crown. The 816 alpha is still my go to.

I may have to give this a try. I wonder if RDX red will be available to order as an option.

Did you see alot more of a draw with the MAX D? Im trying to decide between these myself.... i like the bigger size and the more upright lie of the max d but i dont want it to be a hook monster. The standard max lie angle seems low and it has me kind of concerned as to how well ill hit it. Either gonna be the max d or the standard max 3HL. Did you test the standard max in HL?
Tested with the standard 3 and 5. I actually mentioned the lie in the fitting was another consideration for myself as the D seemed as though the toe was off the ground for my setup. I’ve never drawed a ball with either but the D went less so to the right which is a testament to the design but by no means a hook machine in my experience.

The 3HL is a seamless transition but at retail it was to confusing to those not in the lunatic fringe to wrap their heads around 3,4,5 and so on. So this will continue the 4 wood although named slightly different.
@Tevenor and I looked at each other immediately in the product presentation specifically about the lack of a 4 wood.
But makes sense, people were too timid to do a 4wood and a 5 wood, even if it gaps appropriately it just felt weird. So the 3hl was born.
Yup. The product presentation was an emotional rollercoaster. "3HL mafia" just doesn't roll off the tongue like "4 wood Mafia". But learning about the tech in the lineup and getting to hit them the next day made things right as rain.

I'll talk more in my initial impressions post but for now, consider this: the UW knocked the 4 wood out of the bag for me and no, the UW didn't replace it. I'll explain more on that later....
My guys!! I knew this would be answered quickly!

This is one place I can't participate until I have my clubs in hand. Reason being, being a lefty is hard :LOL:

There were no lefty stock at the time of fitting so we just went with Max fairways in 3 & 5 after I described my game and shot tendencies with my current 3 and 5 wood. I CAN NOT wait to get these in hand though. I saw some teammates hit them and rocket launcher doesn't totally describe these things from what I saw and heard. My goodness.

Also the elephant. Bonded hosels. The difficulty of testing these clubs with the proper shaft or any other shaft other than stock. It's being addressed I can promise you that. It was brought up during our Q&A to the tune of close to a 20 minute discussion and they know how important it is. Covid is a b*tch and messes up a lot of stuff. The tech was almost available for this release but they just couldn't quite make it happen. So if it stops you from being able to test this cycle, just know your struggles aren't falling on deaf ears.

Back