Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

I will say, I sold my Triple Play set to my buddy (in order to fund a new Toulon :ROFLMAO:). I played with that same buddy on Tuesday and he was using my those Apex Triple Play.

I had zero desire to hit them over the Rogue ST Pro irons. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I felt no need to with how the Pros were playing for me. They did everything I could have asked them to do, and felt great. To the point I didn’t even miss having that forged feel.

I will say, I sold my Triple Play set to my buddy (in order to fund a new Toulon :ROFLMAO:). I played with that same buddy on Tuesday and he was using my those Apex Triple Play.

I had zero desire to hit them over the Rogue ST Pro irons. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I felt no need to with how the Pros were playing for me. They did everything I could have asked them to do, and felt great. To the point I didn’t even miss having that forged feel.

The St pros are the best feeling irons I have owned. That is what sold me first on the first swing.

They have revived and are in the bag! Got some playing time in today to break them in. The range was closed as they had a slight ice problem from a broken sprinkler last night. Hit the first tee with no warm up and away I went. First new club I pulled was the 7 iron. I was 155 out needed to clear a bunker and it was cold. I put that ball right over the flag about 15 yards past the hole :oops:.

Tee shot of the 2nd hole I grabbed the Rouge Pro hybrid. I hit a nice 230 yard draw right to the left side of the FW leaving me 85 yards to the green. Hole 3 was playing 125 par 3 over the lake with a left to right wind. I got my PW out and again went over the flag to just on the upper part of the green. What blew me away was my 2nd shot on hole 4. I was 173 out and you have to clear the lake with a tucked pin to the right. I decided since it’s cold to grab the 6 iron to make sure I cleared that lake. I smashed that ball and was 100% positive I was on the green. Rolled up and nothing there I was thinking maybe long in the bunker. Notta no ball anywhere to be found. Took a drop chipped up and putted. As i was walking back to the car I saw my ball. I had cleared the green and gone over the cart path just into the desert :oops: . In a 100 years I would not have ever thought I would hit it that far.

I had 2 more shots that were long today so I have some adjustment to do on my distances. The pros are just so good in the feel when hit. I had fun messing around learning my new clubs today. Last hole was a par 3 128 yards slight wind. Here is the result with the PW. Every single club felt like the demo I tried. I am 100% pleased with my new irons and hybrid and look forward to getting dialed in.

The Rouge pro 4 hybrid off the tee is a weapon. Hole 14 is limited off the tee and I used the hybrid. I punched it out there 256 yards.
View attachment 9064821View attachment 9064822View attachment 9064823View attachment 9064824View attachment 9064825View attachment 9064826View attachment 9064827
Looks like a gapping session is needed before the match 🔥

Looks like a gapping session is needed before the match 🔥

I have a lesson today and will work some distance on the track man for sure. I have one week to prepare 🤣

Bad weather in other parts of the country caused a delivery delay. I won’t have the Pro irons in hand until Monday. I may be able to get them out on the course next week, though, as our temperatures are going to warm up to mid-40’s.

Had a lesson this morning and got a chance to work through some of the irons to get a feel for distances. The carry distances are way up from my T200s. First club was my 9 and 4 hits i was in the carry yardage of 150+. That is huge for me and was not normal. I'm still not sure id try that on course. We ended with 5 irons that i carried from 195-203ish. It seems they are a full club length longer than what i was hitting. The ball flight is high i really like the launch the pro's give you. I am really excited to get dialed in with these. My instructor was laughing while he hit a few. His first comment was how they felt after he flushed one.

I have a question and hope some of you guys that have just ordered can answer this. I place an order on 2-3-22 via the online ordering with Callaway Golf, for a set of Rogue ST Max irons. When I ordered them, it was indicating that delivery would be in 1 to 2 weeks, which should go around the release date of 2-18. BUT I was just checking my order tonight and it's now indicating delivery between 5-11 and 5-17. Is this just a date they put up there or is it the actual date they plan to ship out? These irons were not marked as backordered. They were marked for delivery in 1 -2 weeks. If they are not going to be delivered until 5-11-5-17, I may cancel and look something else or wait til they hit the retail stores on 2-18...Any thoughts?

Bad weather in other parts of the country caused a delivery delay. I won’t have the Pro irons in hand until Monday. I may be able to get them out on the course next week, though, as our temperatures are going to warm up to mid-40’s.
That's interesting. I had a thought the other day wondering if those would suit you, and hadn't kept up on this thread so didn't know you ordered them. Did you get to see/hit them first or did you order blind?

I have a question and hope some of you guys that have just ordered can answer this. I place an order on 2-3-22 via the online ordering with Callaway Golf, for a set of Rogue ST Max irons. When I ordered them, it was indicating that delivery would be in 1 to 2 weeks, which should go around the release date of 2-18. BUT I was just checking my order tonight and it's now indicating delivery between 5-11 and 5-17. Is this just a date they put up there or is it the actual date they plan to ship out? These irons were not marked as backordered. They were marked for delivery in 1 -2 weeks. If they are not going to be delivered until 5-11-5-17, I may cancel and look something else or wait til they hit the retail stores on 2-18...Any thoughts?
You can call Callaway customer support to understand what is the reason for the delay. Due to the component shortages across the industry this has been happening over the last year and a half and getting worse for all the manufacturers. Last year I had an epic max 5 wood held up because of the shaft and a set of Apex irons held up because of grips. I called and had them switch both to ones they had in stock and they shipped out 2 days later.

That's interesting. I had a thought the other day wondering if those would suit you, and hadn't kept up on this thread so didn't know you ordered them. Did you get to see/hit them first or did you order blind?
Interesting that you thought of them as being a fit for me. I love the idea of low offset and compact, but perhaps having some firepower. The description of something sitting in between the Apex and Apex Pro really caught my attention. So, I ordered blind. It is the internet golfer way, LOL.

I had owned a set of Epic Forged since they came out in ‘19. I decided to trade those, my Apex Mixed set and some other odds and ends and take them for a spin. I am hoping that they might also sit in between my Titleist T100S and P790s as a profile. If they do, I might well have about the best iron profile for where my game is that I could find and I would plan to play these for the year and sell those other two sets of irons as well. That would have me at one set of irons. Then, I would focus on driver and My golf swing for a year, without changing in and out of clubs and see what I can do about shooting some great scores, rather than monkeying with equipment.

Long answer, but I am pretty excited to try these out.

@93civiccpe nailed it. Most likely, they had all components in stock when you ordered, but by the time your order was in the cue for assembly, they no longer had something within the order. Most likely, it is the shaft or grip. Call customer service and they will tell you what is going on and you can then switch something within the order, wait it out or cancel.

Interesting that you thought of them as being a fit for me. I love the idea of low offset and compact, but perhaps having some firepower. The description of something sitting in between the Apex and Apex Pro really caught my attention. So, I ordered blind. It is the internet golfer way, LOL.

I had owned a set of Epic Forged since they came out in ‘19. I decided to trade those, my Apex Mixed set and some other odds and ends and take them for a spin. I am hoping that they might also sit in between my Titleist T100S and P790s as a profile. If they do, I might well have about the best iron profile for where my game is that I could find and I would plan to play these for the year and sell those other two sets of irons as well. That would have me at one set of irons. Then, I would focus on driver and My golf swing for a year, without changing in and out of clubs and see what I can do about shooting some great scores, rather than monkeying with equipment.

I am excited to see your thoughts on them and where you land on irons. My guess is they stay in the bag for you. I have never had irons that feel like they do.

It could be nothing as well. My Rogue ST LS 3HL started at 2-3 months and it shipped Thursday. My Callaway guy says this is normal at the beginning of release dates. But I would call and ask if any component might be holding it up.

BTW, my order of irons, 3 wood and driver all showed 1 to 2 weeks initially and the 3 wood and irons shipped at the 2 week mark. The driver date hasn’t changed, but hasn’t shipped. I also ordered a Tri Hot putter and it has said ”being processed” for over a week now. The dates have never moved backwards, which makes me think one of your components went back ordered.

BTW, my order of irons, 3 wood and driver all showed 1 to 2 weeks initially and the 3 wood and irons shipped at the 2 week mark. The driver date hasn’t changed, but hasn’t shipped. I also ordered a Tri Hot putter and it has said ”being processed” for over a week now. The dates have never moved backwards, which makes me think one of your components went back ordered.

Thanks for your thoughts. I also ordered a Rogue 3 wood on pre-order date (1-21). It's showing 2-11 to 2-16 shipping date. As far as the irons, I went back in like I was ordering another set and that part still shows 1-2 weeks delivery, so hopefully they will ship out much sooner than the 5-11 date. I didn't customize or make any changes from the stock order, just selected the shaft and flex that I wanted, no other changes. Anyway, I'm just hoping for the best. Thanks again for your in-put...really appreciated.

Well when hitting things I'm always thinking of guys I know that might like them or could benefit from them. A friend described a golfer that.. actually wasn't close to you, but a couple of the things he said made me think of you. You like the look of the MIM Tours (less offset, cleaner lines, little shinier), are really good but could benefit from a little distance boost, and had been playing 790 recently and seemed to enjoy them. So it just occurred to me that they look better over the ball than those, provide some similar juice, seem pretty improved over some of the past Pros in this line, and that you might be the exact guy for them in my mind.

So I just thought it was cool when I came in here and saw you ordered them, and again when you said you did it just by the description appealing to you! They do seem like a middle ground of a lot of things you might like or want.

I had a chance to try the Rogue ST Pro 7 iron at my PGATSS today. Brought my Srixon ZX7 7 iron to directly compare.

Sometimes you go into PGATSS and you walk out with your wallet lighter. This was not one of those times.

They do look beautiful at address. Probably better than the ZX7 in some ways.

I used the same Nippon Modus 120S shaft in both. I could not hit the Rogue Pros very well, and when I did the feel was so hard and clicky that it was not satisfying. Now, maybe I'm spoiled because the last two clubs I used were JPX 921 Forged and my current ZX7s but it just wasn't for me.

I was hoping that something between the Apex Pros and the Apex would be perfect for me, but that's what trying before buying does. Glad I got the opportunity, and glad others here hit them so well and are happy with them.

I tried out some Rogue ST Max irons (6,8,PW) during my round last Saturday at Arizona National GC, and as good as the Rogue ST Pros might be, the ST Max irons are the opposite. Distance/appearance are fine, but they make the worst sound I’ve ever heard from a club, and don’t feel very solid at all. One golfer in the group thought my 6i was broken, and that was after a well-struck shot!! Maybe quality control slipped on that batch of clubheads, who knows…regardless, they weren’t impressive at all.

Went to a Callaway "fitting" this weekend at GG, mainly for the balls, which I reviewed on the ball thread.

Hit the Rogue Pros vs my Apex Pros. Naturally forged vs. cast had a different feel. Sounded very clicky. More so than my old Rogues but who knows its been a year since I sold them. Hitting 7 iron, I had slightly less ball speed on the Rogue, significantly less spin, and a touch more roll out. I did not notice much difference on off-center strikes. Very good iron and not bad feeling for cast.

Here's some video footage of @JohnnyCallaway letting 'er rip with the Rouge ST Max irons

The St Pros arrived. I ran over to the grass field by the office to hit a few balls. There is only enough room to swing up to a 9 iron. I hit mostly pitching wedges, but also a few AWs and 9 irons.

My best description that I could give is that these irons are what the Epic Forged of 2019 would be if I could tweak them just a bit. They feel similar and give me a similar ball flight. However, the profiles in address are much better and I love the minimal offset.

I was hitting tour level balls and used my range finder to laser back the distances. I was seeing about 125 with the aw, 135 to 140 with the pw and 150-ish with the 9 iron. Those are super good distances for me, because the temperature was 45*.

Here are some photos, including radar detector with a 7 iron swing (no ball). The one photo of setup is the 5 iron. Even that iron looks very nice and compact, with a very acceptable amount of offset.

EBEE5866-D705-4A48-AB4E-D8AE8A78C41E.jpeg810EC9D9-3626-4A48-A25E-5B378455F3BA.jpeg2DC26F16-D406-439A-83C8-A9DFADFF0815.jpegA7F3A421-C996-4B60-AFF4-6D35C2D6ADC0.jpeg3964C4B6-4B7D-424D-8A96-04951236635A.jpeg3483DA66-AEA1-4DCB-9634-DE5009C3F094.jpeg

Back