Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

I hit them back to back at the ECPC.. same shaft.. and it wasn't subtle. @jmix18 did you hit the Apex Pros too? If so, did you notice a difference in feel?
Yes hit the Apex Pros, TCB’s, Forged X CB, all with the same shaft. I could tell within 2 swings those weren’t right for me. Went back and hit the Rogue Pro…. Stripe show. Just really likes the way the RP’s felt, sounded, and looked.

Killing me here with these:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was expecting to get fit into the Rogue Max which is where we started but the Pro blew me away. I cannot wait to get them on the course and start reducing my handicap further!

Looks like ill have some new sticks in the bag Thursday! Missing the 5 wood and driver but im sure they will be in soon enough!
rouge.jpgrouge1.jpg

First round in the bag with my Rogue ST Pros yesterday. Some initial thoughts.

Feel is definitely not as soft as Apex from last year, but that is expected. Still feels good, and feels even better when hitting the sweet spot. I had no problems getting spin out of the short irons.

I’ve started developing a toe-side miss over the last couple months that plagued me a bit with the Apex, and is now showing in the Rogue ST Pros. What is surprising, is the result of that miss with the 2022 Pros. I felt the miss several times yesterday, but the ball still came out high and straight. While I did lose some distance, and that was expected, I was pleasantly surprised how much straighter and longer the ball went that I would have guessed. And it felt less harsh than toe hits from the Apex. Not sure if that has to do with the harder material in the face, tungsten, or urethane microspheres, or a combination; but the end result was better than expected.

Still some work for me to do to clean up my swing and contact points a bit, but paired with the Nippon 120s, I saw a lot of great things out of these irons yesterday.

I'm in love with the look of those irons... My irons are fantastic but it'll be hard not to grab a set of these on impulse.

They are good looking and i had zero intention of any clubs until i hit them! It looks like i get to play tomorrow once i pick them up.

I checked order status on irons and it is now showing shipped. I should have the Pros in my hands pretty soon, although unless I go hit them indoors, it is not doing me a lot of good, LOL. Still, looking forward to seeing them. The 2022 bag battle will be between these, P790s and T100S/T200 combos.

Question. What the what is this?! @xThor do your Rogue pros look like this?!

Because it sure doesn't look like this!

1643941159584.png

Yep @Golfers Anonymous nailed that one. Original Rogue lineup, not the Rogue ST.

I may be partial, but these Rogue ST Pro irons are one of the best looking irons Callaway has ever made

@xThor you had the triple play before you got the Rogue ST Pros right? If so, how would you compare the forgiveness of the ST Pro to that of the Apex21 or the Apex DCB? I am really torn between the triple play and the Rogue ST Pros to be honest. I need forgiveness in the long irons, consistency in mid irons and precision in the short irons and set wedges.

@xThor you had the triple play before you got the Rogue ST Pros right? If so, how would you compare the forgiveness of the ST Pro to that of the Apex21 or the Apex DCB? I am really torn between the triple play and the Rogue ST Pros to be honest. I need forgiveness in the long irons, consistency in mid irons and precision in the short irons and set wedges.

The DCB 4 iron was way more forgiving to me, compared to the Rogue ST Pro 4 iron. Not that the Rogue isn’t, but the DCB’s were unicorns in the long irons. What i will say, is that the Rogue is sneaky forgiving. I am struggling with the toe miss right now, and fully expected balls to go very left, but was surprised how straight they were. Like, very surprised. Had a 210 yard par 3 this other day, and I hit my 4 iron WELL off the toe. It ended up maybe drawing 3-4 yards, but was well short (about 191). I was surprised by both the distance and how straight that ball was based on where I missed it on the toe.

Mid irons felt pretty close to the Apex from last year. Obviously not actual feel (cast v forged) but in terms of playability and forgiveness, i was quite confident over a 7 iron, similar to how I felt with Apex. Now, short irons, I felt MORE confident with Rogue ST Pro than the Apex Pro. The group in front of us were playing slow so I did have the opportunity to play a couple extra balls with the 9i and PW, and I like them better than Apex Pro. Very smooth turf interaction, felt easier to elevate.

I really think the Rogue ST Pro sit right between the Apex and Apex Pro in terms of the playability/forgiveness factors. While the long irons are going to be a bit more demanding, I think you could theoretically do a combo set with the Rogue ST Max irons, though it might take a little work on the lofts to match up. I could see something like a Rogue Hybrid, then 5/6 Max, then 7-Pw/Aw in the Pros.

All of that said, the Apex Triple Play are still in line for this year, will continue to be a popular option and rightly so!

The DCB 4 iron was way more forgiving to me, compared to the Rogue ST Pro 4 iron. Not that the Rogue isn’t, but the DCB’s were unicorns in the long irons. What i will say, is that the Rogue is sneaky forgiving. I am struggling with the toe miss right now, and fully expected balls to go very left, but was surprised how straight they were. Like, very surprised. Had a 210 yard par 3 this other day, and I hit my 4 iron WELL off the toe. It ended up maybe drawing 3-4 yards, but was well short (about 191). I was surprised by both the distance and how straight that ball was based on where I missed it on the toe.

Mid irons felt pretty close to the Apex from last year. Obviously not actual feel (cast v forged) but in terms of playability and forgiveness, i was quite confident over a 7 iron, similar to how I felt with Apex. Now, short irons, I felt MORE confident with Rogue ST Pro than the Apex Pro. The group in front of us were playing slow so I did have the opportunity to play a couple extra balls with the 9i and PW, and I like them better than Apex Pro. Very smooth turf interaction, felt easier to elevate.

I really think the Rogue ST Pro sit right between the Apex and Apex Pro in terms of the playability/forgiveness factors. While the long irons are going to be a bit more demanding, I think you could theoretically do a combo set with the Rogue ST Max irons, though it might take a little work on the lofts to match up. I could see something like a Rogue Hybrid, then 5/6 Max, then 7-Pw/Aw in the Pros.

All of that said, the Apex Triple Play are still in line for this year, will continue to be a popular option and rightly so!

@xThor thank you so much for this explanation! I'll definitely take that into consideration. Obviously getting fit is going to be important for this process, but you've definitely given me something to think in. For that I am VERY grateful.

They have revived and are in the bag! Got some playing time in today to break them in. The range was closed as they had a slight ice problem from a broken sprinkler last night. Hit the first tee with no warm up and away I went. First new club I pulled was the 7 iron. I was 155 out needed to clear a bunker and it was cold. I put that ball right over the flag about 15 yards past the hole :oops:.

Tee shot of the 2nd hole I grabbed the Rouge Pro hybrid. I hit a nice 230 yard draw right to the left side of the FW leaving me 85 yards to the green. Hole 3 was playing 125 par 3 over the lake with a left to right wind. I got my PW out and again went over the flag to just on the upper part of the green. What blew me away was my 2nd shot on hole 4. I was 173 out and you have to clear the lake with a tucked pin to the right. I decided since it’s cold to grab the 6 iron to make sure I cleared that lake. I smashed that ball and was 100% positive I was on the green. Rolled up and nothing there I was thinking maybe long in the bunker. Notta no ball anywhere to be found. Took a drop chipped up and putted. As i was walking back to the car I saw my ball. I had cleared the green and gone over the cart path just into the desert :oops: . In a 100 years I would not have ever thought I would hit it that far.

I had 2 more shots that were long today so I have some adjustment to do on my distances. The pros are just so good in the feel when hit. I had fun messing around learning my new clubs today. Last hole was a par 3 128 yards slight wind. Here is the result with the PW. Every single club felt like the demo I tried. I am 100% pleased with my new irons and hybrid and look forward to getting dialed in.

The Rouge pro 4 hybrid off the tee is a weapon. Hole 14 is limited off the tee and I used the hybrid. I punched it out there 256 yards.
B092670D-D89C-47FC-95DF-5E7D171C3A39.jpeg47BD9703-1711-4FFE-99DD-A331A088559B.jpegCD9CB06F-DB23-4837-80A3-894387ED0DCE.jpeg0D277EDA-E981-4B3F-A38E-8CD23196FB47.jpegA2913008-2BAF-4BB2-A69E-D2FAC29A1AAF.jpeg2101D821-70CC-4CA2-997F-678C6F385FC7.jpegAF178217-1BBA-4543-98B2-11F176C3324A.jpeg

They have revived and are in the bag! Got some playing time in today to break them in. The range was closed as they had a slight ice problem from a broken sprinkler last night. Hit the first tee with no warm up and away I went. First new club I pulled was the 7 iron. I was 155 out needed to clear a bunker and it was cold. I put that ball right over the flag about 15 yards past the hole :oops:.

Tee shot of the 2nd hole I grabbed the Rouge Pro hybrid. I hit a nice 230 yard draw right to the left side of the FW leaving me 85 yards to the green. Hole 3 was playing 125 par 3 over the lake with a left to right wind. I got my PW out and again went over the flag to just on the upper part of the green. What blew me away was my 2nd shot on hole 4. I was 173 out and you have to clear the lake with a tucked pin to the right. I decided since it’s cold to grab the 6 iron to make sure I cleared that lake. I smashed that ball and was 100% positive I was on the green. Rolled up and nothing there I was thinking maybe long in the bunker. Notta no ball anywhere to be found. Took a drop chipped up and putted. As i was walking back to the car I saw my ball. I had cleared the green and gone over the cart path just into the desert :oops: . In a 100 years I would not have ever thought I would hit it that far.

I had 2 more shots that were long today so I have some adjustment to do on my distances. The pros are just so good in the feel when hit. I had fun messing around learning my new clubs today. Last hole was a par 3 128 yards slight wind. Here is the result with the PW. Every single club felt like the demo I tried. I am 100% pleased with my new irons and hybrid and look forward to getting dialed in.

The Rouge pro 4 hybrid off the tee is a weapon. Hole 14 is limited off the tee and I used the hybrid. I punched it out there 256 yards.
View attachment 9064821View attachment 9064822View attachment 9064823View attachment 9064824View attachment 9064825View attachment 9064826View attachment 9064827

@Doubleb21 I might have to pick your brain on this one! Your set-up looks VERY similar to what I've been drooling over for the last few weeks on the top end of the bag through the irons!

View attachment 9064821View attachment 9064822View attachment 9064823View attachment 9064824View attachment 9064825View attachment 9064826View attachment 9064827
Wow that broken sprinkler did a number. I was scrolling through and noticed the hotel and said WTH.

The Pros are now a ponder for me. Looking between the Pro's, 225's, new Forged Tec (I don't know anything about them but want them). Why does everyone have to make such nice stuff. Then I read a post by @xThor and want the Triple Play. Its all messing with my emotions.

my emotions when thinking about the triple play and the Rogue ST Pros

@Doubleb21 I might have to pick your brain on this one! Your set-up looks VERY similar to what I've been drooling over for the last few weeks on the top end of the bag through the irons!

Ask away I’ll do my best to answer. I have my 3 Wood and I have a 5 wood on order. I will most likely take the KingTec out but that club is really good So you never know. Once everything is in I can dial in a bit better.

Wow that broken sprinkler did a number. I was scrolling through and noticed the hotel and said WTH.

The Pros are now a ponder for me. Looking between the Pro's, 225's, new Forged Tec (I don't know anything about them but want them). Why does everyone have to make such nice stuff. Then I read a post by @xThor and want the Triple Play. Its all messing with my emotions.

It was 22 there last night and it ran all night. Took till noon till they could open the range. Crazy to see that ice in the tree lol.

Back