Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Oh.. and this thing is a beauty. Still hasn't bumped anything out of the bag but feels amazing when hit correctly with a strong flight!
20220706_124900.jpg20220706_124903.jpg

Going into the Grandaddy, one focus for me was finding a hybrid or fairway wood for 2nd shots into par 5s where I needed height and stopping power that I struggled to get from my U500 3 iron.

I hit a shot during my round today that was exactly what I was looking for in this club. It was a longer par 5 that played about 570 and slightly uphill. I hit a good drive just into the first cut on the right side and left me 268 to the hole. Pulled out my Rogue ST Pro and it delivered this BEAUTY. This thing is so hot and has stopping power on top if needed. This was the shot I needed to add to my bag, and it also possesses the low bullet fairway finder if needed too.

31ECA0E2-A7A2-497A-8580-106F779CFB8A.jpeg

Spent a little time with the ST Pro iron today. This thing is violent. 185 yard 7 iron at 115 feet in the air. I could game these in a heartbeat. Eliminates the Apex pro from any thoughts I had.

Put the Max OS irons in my bag with AT steel fiber 80 FC shafts in them. Took to them right away. Covers up / forgives my occasional toe miss like magic. Very impressed with the accuracy, distance control, and pitch / chip results. Haven't had a ball travel past 4 feet from it's pitch mark either. I'm really surprised how good these irons are!

Last edited:
Spent a little time with the ST Pro iron today. This thing is violent. 185 yard 7 iron at 115 feet in the air. I could game these in a heartbeat. Eliminates the Apex pro from any thoughts I had.
These were the easy winner for me as well.. easy to hit and great numbers though I don't have the power that you are displaying..lol

These were the easy winner for me as well.. easy to hit and great numbers though I don't have the power that you are displaying..lol
I can get my king tour to 170 but I have to really go after it. These were so easy.

I was about to say you can try mine in Myrtle but not sure how good your right handed swing is! I honestly forgot for a second..🤣
These are the Rogue ST Pros, correct?

I am still really liking my ST pros. The feel is the best I have owned in an iron. The distance is there along with the ball flight and stopping power. Learning to do some choked down swings with fantastic results. I smacked the flagstick from 133 out today which always makes laugh!

I’ve loved my Pro irons. Love them.
But I’m going to need something for when I can swing a club again as I know they are a bit heavier than I will likely be able to control.

Thanks to some feedback from @vgolfman, I think we’re getting ready to order a new set of irons to help as I continue to get stronger, and I am hopeful to get back in the Pros this year at some point.

but for the meantime, thinking of the 4 hybrid ST Max, with 65R Tensei blue. Then jumping 6-P/A/G in the ST Max with a 80gram Reg flex MMT.
I’m going to be working on my left hand gripping this week at therapy so I can figure out what kind of grip might work out for me.

The Rogue Max ST OS 3 hybrid continues to impress. Just so easy to hit. Great ball flight, excellent consistent distance. It just wants to go straight. I have had a problem in the past hooking hybrids. Not sure the difference between this and the standard ( I went with this based upon what I was reading) but it is perfect for the situations I use it for at my Club.

Dear Callaway,
Please make the ST Pros with a black DBM finish.....:p

I'm thinking a max 4 iron needs to happen and happen soon.

So I’ve been in love with my Rogue ST OS irons except the 7i. For whatever reason, I seem to pull it. Thought the lie angle might be off, so I had it looked at. Lie angle was fine, the loft was off by .5° 29° instead of 28.5°. So I had it adjusted to 28° figuring it might get me a couple yards that I think I should be getting. Let’s see what happens.

Anyone playing the ST Pros with the Tensei White?

The feel and sound on the Rogue ST Max are near perfect. Best I have played with.

Incredibly easy to hit and launch.

Enjoyed a 4 birdie smooth 77 yesterday with the Max OS irons. Low round of the year for me. Clearly had a good day with the putter, but I'm definitely hitting more GIRs with these irons.

Last edited:
I ordered a custom set of the Rogue ST Pros back in January. I was having trouble getting dialed in and ordered a set of the Cobra FT X irons when those were released. I was really having some success with the Cobras and started thinking that I would sell the Callaways. Today, I threw them in my car and thought, what the heck, I will play one last round with them before selling them, just to make sure. What happened was crazy.

I hit 15 GIR. 7 birdies, which may be an all time best. I hit a big drive on a par 5 and had a little over 190 yards to the hole. I hit a 5 iron to about 5 feet for a great eagle look (which I missed).

Here was a 3/4 A wedge that literally was inches from holing out and left me about a 3 and a half foot putt.

EEEC9289-D1AA-4AA9-A410-57BBDB7DD45C.jpeg

Here was an 8 iron. The hole was a little over 160 yards. The 8 iron felt so good and pure and it flew about 170 yards and backed up a couple feet.

A040B5B6-E5D3-4F96-9514-7C7B5E761306.jpeg

That 8 iron was such a great feeling shot.

I now have a real dilemma. I am wondering if I have the right irons in the bag. This truly was the best round I have played, maybe ever. I can’t sell the Rogue ST Pros now, LOL.

Last edited:
I ordered a custom set of the Rogue ST Pros back in January. I was having trouble getting dialed in and ordered a set of the Cobra FT X irons when those were released. I was really have some success with the Cobras and started thinking that I would sell the Callaways. Today, I threw them in my car and thought, what the heck, I will play one last round with them before selling them, just to make sure. What happened was crazy.

I hit 15 GIR. 7 birdies, which may be an all time best. I hit a big drive on a par 5 and had a little over 190 yards to the hole. I hit a 5 iron to about 5 feet for a great eagle look (which I missed).

Here was a 3/4 A wedge to that literally was inches from holing out and left me about a 3 and a half foot putt.

View attachment 9104312

Here was an 8 iron. The hole was a little over 160 yards. The 8 iron felt so good and pure and it flew about 170 yards and backed up a couple feet.

View attachment 9104313

That 8 iron was such a great feeling shot.

I now have a real dilemma. I am wondering if I have the right irons in the bag. This truly was the best round I have played, maybe ever. I can’t sell the Rogue ST Pros now, LOL.
What's the dilemma. Best round you have played, maybe ever. I don't see a dilemma lol.

What's the dilemma. Best round you have played, maybe ever. I don't see a dilemma lol.
I am going to have to see if it was a fluke. There were some things I could do with the Rogue Pros that I can’t do with the FT Xs. One of the reasons I love the FT Xs is how I have my wedges set up. I couldn’t have the same wedge set up with the Callaways, but I have some thoughts churning in my head about how to handle it.

I am going to have to see if it was a fluke. There were some things I could do with the Rogue Pros that I can’t do with the FT Xs. One of the reasons I love the FT Xs is how I have my wedges set up. I couldn’t have the same wedge set up with the Callaways, but I have some thoughts churning in my head about how to handle it.
A friend of mine I play a lot of golf with switched to the Rogue Pros and after an adjustment period he has had his best two rounds ever in the last two weeks and those are great looking irons.

Back