Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Just got informed that the fitting box for the Callaway Rogue irons just arrived from the GM at my course. I will be hitting the Rogue ST Pro in a little over an hour. But its going to be a long hour.
Testing results
Compared the epic Forged 7 w catalyst 80 shaft vs rogue pro 7 w tensei 75 and rifle 115 stiff shafts

look and feel
The pros win in this category for sure. They look better in person than the pics. Pros are noticeably lighter in weight. Top line is much thinner. The pro irons are much more compact. The feel is night and day better with the pros.

distance and trajectory
The epics still win in straight distance. But I was able to change the trajectory of the pros was much easier. Especially with tensei shaft. The pros had a slightly higher trajectory with stock shots. The tensei shaft more so. The good news is that there was not a significant loss of distance in the pros. Probably due to the loft difference.

dispersion
Pros win again. The rifle shaft was the winner here. My miss is a draw/pull and was lessened with both pros.

in the end I have a proper fitting on the 21st with a track man and will learn a lot more. But my thought is that if I can get a graphite shaft with a little more weight than the 75 grams I will probably find my Epic Forged killer. Been testing for more than 2 years for that. I will try TCBs too but these irons are straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Will answer any questions

DBE3F4BC-08EC-46B8-A683-C1D542937D66.jpeg
5987C9A5-D100-455E-8C38-C147EF29F256.jpeg
07BDE88F-F66A-4D61-8A95-62E3334B887F.jpeg

Ill be interested to see how the rogue st pro compares to the apex pro
I hit both today. In every way I preferred the rogue pro. To be fair the shaft in the apex pro wasn’t for me. The rogue pro is just the easiest iron to hit I’ve tried in a while

For me, the Rogue St Pros are actually the most exciting item of the entire Callaway release, which may seem weird to many. I played a mixed Apex 21/Apex 21 Pro set last year and felt that something in the middle of the two would be fantastic. It sounds like that is what Callaway has done with the new Rogue Pros.
I completely agree.. after playing Apex 21 this past year these seem to fall right between the 2 and they are exactly what I'm looking for!

Testing results
Compared the epic Forged 7 w catalyst 80 shaft vs rogue pro 7 w tensei 75 and rifle 115 stiff shafts

look and feel
The pros win in this category for sure. They look better in person than the pics. Pros are noticeably lighter in weight. Top line is much thinner. The pro irons are much more compact. The feel is night and day better with the pros.

distance and trajectory
The epics still win in straight distance. But I was able to change the trajectory of the pros was much easier. Especially with tensei shaft. The pros had a slightly higher trajectory with stock shots. The tensei shaft more so. The good news is that there was not a significant loss of distance in the pros. Probably due to the loft difference.

dispersion
Pros win again. The rifle shaft was the winner here. My miss is a draw/pull and was lessened with both pros.

in the end I have a proper fitting on the 21st with a track man and will learn a lot more. But my thought is that if I can get a graphite shaft with a little more weight than the 75 grams I will probably find my Epic Forged killer. Been testing for more than 2 years for that. I will try TCBs too but these irons are straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Will answer any questions
This is freaking awesome to see others hitting them already!

I completely agree.. after playing Apex 21 this past year these seem to fall right between the 2 and they are exactly what I'm looking for!
Exactly what my fitter said. I started with the Rogue ST’s and after determining I was looking for something a little more demanding we moved to Apex Pro and X-Forged.

January 2021, an incorrigible young xThor first laid eyes on the Apex Pro irons. Now, this putter addict had worked hard on his game over the 2020 season, but felt he had not yet built his game to the point of being able to play to the caliber required to achieve success with Apex Pros.

Though he wanted a full set, he was able to acquire the Apex Triple Play Combo, which included a PW and AW in the Pros, the latter wedge of course was led to Valhalla after succumbing to its injuries in the great Sprinkler Head battle at the Hideaway. May it Rest In Peace.

2021 was the year of grinding to find improvement in his game, determined to have the playing ability to be able to game a pro level iron, should one present itself in 2022. As luck would have it, on that Monday night in December, xThor was presented with irons that mirrored the beauty of the Apex Pro, yet were strikingly aggressive. All that was left, was for him to get fit at the ECPC the next morning to verify whether these new weapons would be able to be added to his armory, and if so which shaft might complete the package.

The gods smiled down upon them that Tuesday, as Odin blessed their union. If the Rogue ST Max LS driver is xThor’s Mjolnir, these Rogue ST Pro irons might be his Stormbreaker. Smooth contact, while remaining forgiving. A compact package, with resulting strikes flying high and straight.

All that remains is for the Valkyries, or UPS, to deliver them.

@xThor & @93civiccpe, curious to which wedges you guys were fit into with these stronger lofts?

@xThor & @93civiccpe, curious to which wedges you guys were fit into with these stronger lofts?
I've been playing a JAWS MD5 54 and 58 degree combo with my Apex 21 irons and I kept the same lofts but both in the MD5 Full Toe wedges. I play the set AW and haven't had too much difficulty with the gapping in my Apex irons. This should tighten it more as I'm finding these Full Toe wedges seem to launch a bit lower and get me a few extra yards.

I've been playing a JAWS MD5 54 and 58 degree combo with my Apex 21 irons and I kept the same lofts but both in the MD5 Full Toe wedges. I play the set AW and haven't had too much difficulty with the gapping in my Apex irons. This should tighten it more as I'm finding these Full Toe wedges seem to launch a bit lower and get me a few extra yards.

Rogue ST Pro have the same lofts as the Apex from last year, but do feel like they may launch a touch higher. So I don't think either of us are going to see much change from what we are currently doing in our wedges. I know the regular Rogue ST Max irons have a stronger loft package, but have no issues getting the ball up.

Like @93civiccpe, I play through the set AW and then 54/58 in either MD5, Full Toe, or a combination of the two. Though I generally bend my 54* down to 53*.

I just can't stop ogling the ST Pros for some reason... Can't wait for these to start getting into THPer's hands.

Rogue ST Pro have the same lofts as the Apex from last year, but do feel like they may launch a touch higher. So I don't think either of us are going to see much change from what we are currently doing in our wedges. I know the regular Rogue ST Max irons have a stronger loft package, but have no issues getting the ball up.

Like @93civiccpe, I play through the set AW and then 54/58 in either MD5, Full Toe, or a combination of the two. Though I generally bend my 54* down to 53*.

In my Apex irons I played the irons all 1 degree weak. In these I think I may try your idea and bend the 54 to 53.. i like that idea! Which club is your primary greenside sand club? I typically use my 54 unless I need more height then go 58. Any difference with the 53 from the sand?

I just can't stop ogling the ST Pros for some reason... Can't wait for these to start getting into THPer's hands.
I've hit them, know they will be coming, and yet can't stop drooling over the pictures!!

Btw, when the weather is a bit warmer and I have these in hand you are welcome to try them!!

In my Apex irons I played the irons all 1 degree weak. In these I think I may try your idea and bend the 54 to 53.. i like that idea! Which club is your primary greenside sand club? I typically use my 54 unless I need more height then go 58. Any difference with the 53 from the sand?

Greenside really depends on what i need/want to do. I use the 58 Full Toe the most, especially with these new LS balls, because I want to get the ball up and stopping quickly. The 54 bent to 53 (in 10S bounce/grind) still works very well, and i like it for longer bunker shots, as the leading edge is a bit lower.

Btw, when the weather is a bit warmer and I have these in hand you are welcome to try them!!

I may take you up on that!!! If I can wait that long... Lol

I don’t like Callaway cosmetics generally but this hybrid is beautiful. It fits together nicely.

hit the pro iron while i was waiting on a new adapter install...that felt really nice. ball came off with good speed (according to observers).

I hit both today. In every way I preferred the rogue pro. To be fair the shaft in the apex pro wasn’t for me. The rogue pro is just the easiest iron to hit I’ve tried in a while
Less offset in the rogue pro than the apex pro?

Back