Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Less offset in the rogue pro than the apex pro?
I can answer this, no.

They're practically identical in the scoring cubs, but more offset in the Rogue Pro's in the 5i and up.

Wonder how the ST Max irons will compare to the ZX5 irons?

Another note, the Rogue ST Pro Hybrid is absolutely gorgeous. It did not want to go left and sat so nice behind the ball. It reminds me of a smaller UW. If my swing had been more consistent I'm sure I would have been fit into it. As it is, I'm planning on ordering one to rotate in place of the UW!!

Another note, the Rogue ST Pro Hybrid is absolutely gorgeous. It did not want to go left and sat so nice behind the ball. It reminds me of a smaller UW. If my swing had been more consistent I'm sure I would have been fit into it. As it is, I'm planning on ordering one to rotate in place of the UW!!
The Max and Max OS were no slouches either. Was pleasantly surprised by how great they looked up to the ball. The OS being the hybrid with the most help look really nice and didn’t look to be a “super game improvement” hybrid as the offset wasn’t noticeable at all and the ball just flew off the face.

I absolutely love the look of the Rogue ST Max irons from the confidence-inspiring perspective, although they're cosmetically a little busy.

Unfortunately, the lofts are so strong that there are ten of them from 4-SW (two gappers).

Add a driver, a 60, and a putter, and there's only room for one fairway wood.
I like two--a longer one and a tree-hopper.

On the plus side, they do make 15-slot cart bags.

Forced to pare down, I suppose that I'd keep the 4-iron as a tight hole driving club and pull the 5-iron.

Back on topic, however, the entire Rogue ST Max series looks very, very impressive, at least visually.

I can answer this, no.

They're practically identical in the scoring cubs, but more offset in the Rogue Pro's in the 5i and up.
Perfect thanks. I always found it weird that there was less offset in the mav pro than the apex pro. How would you compare rst pro to apex pro?

Perfect thanks. I always found it weird that there was less offset in the mav pro than the apex pro. How would you compare rst pro to apex pro?
It’s what I described in the article of the first post, the Rogue Pro sit between Apex and Apex Pro’s. They’re going to spin less than the Apex Pro’s, be a little stronger flighted.

I absolutely love the look of the Rogue ST Max irons from the confidence-inspiring perspective, although they're cosmetically a little busy.

Unfortunately, the lofts are so strong that there are ten of them from 4-SW (two gappers).

Add a driver, a 60, and a putter, and there's only room for one fairway wood.
I like two--a longer one and a tree-hopper.

On the plus side, they do make 15-slot cart bags.

Forced to pare down, I suppose that I'd keep the 4-iron as a tight hole driving club and pull the 5-iron.

Back on topic, however, the entire Rogue ST Max series looks very, very impressive, at least visually.
As has been said, loft doesn’t mean half as much as the way these clubs were designed to launch the ball. BUT if you’re really focused on loft only, I previously posted the Max OS Lite have weaker lofts across the board. There’s something for everyone here. Even though the loft in the club doesn’t tell the whole story. As it hasn’t for a looonnnnng time

As has been said, loft doesn’t mean half as much as the way these clubs were designed to launch the ball. BUT if you’re really focused on loft only, I previously posted the Max OS Lite have weaker lofts across the board. There’s something for everyone here. Even though the loft in the club doesn’t tell the whole story. As it hasn’t for a looonnnnng time

That can be very true, but it doesn't help me because I'm completely dependent on published specs.
I mentioned on another thread that our pro shop is mainly a polo shirt and cap store now.
Our pro isn't fitting me for clubs as in previous times.

I'm buying blind online, so looks and published specs are what I've got to go by.
I know my lie angle adjustments pretty well, but other than that, published specs are all that I've got.
While I like to read the reviews, I don't even rely much on them, to be honest.

That can be very true, but it doesn't help me because I'm completely dependent on published specs.
I mentioned on another thread that our pro shop is mainly a polo shirt and cap store now.

I'm buying blind online, so looks and published specs are what I've got to go by.
I know my lie angle adjustments pretty well, but other than that, published specs are all that I've got.
Fine specs only, which doesn’t work, Go Max OS lite. Or do what I suggested earlier. If you’re going only by specs. Start at 6i. If you’re going only by that, it’s 25.5. That should be plenty since the lofts are so “jacked” Then you have more room to work with

Last edited:

You have NO golf stores up there? None? That’s wild.

As to the review comment, good reviews aren’t about what works for the reviewer or their swing, it’s about does the club do what it’s claims it does.

You have NO golf stores up there? None? That’s wild.

As to the review comment, good reviews aren’t about what works for the reviewer or their swing, it’s about does the club do what it’s claims it does.

As I said, Jman, I do read (or watch) and enjoy the reviews. I wasn't putting them down at all.

We have golf stores like everyplace else, but that's not my vibe.
It's not our club pro fitting us.
It's like buying store model clubs in 1965, only they cost $4000 instead of $200.
I'd rather do TGW than Dick's or someplace like that.
I don't have to deal with some kid I don't know.
That's just me, though. To each his own, right?

As I said, Jman, I do read (or watch) and enjoy the reviews. I wasn't putting them down at all.

We have golf stores like everyplace else, but that's not my vibe.
It's not our club pro fitting us.
It's like buying store model clubs in 1965, only they cost $4000 instead of $200.
I'd rather do TGW than Dick's or someplace like that.
I don't have to deal with some kid I don't know.
That's just me, though. To each his own, right?
You do know you don’t have to buy at those places, right? They’ll just let you try them, so then there is no guessing and you see what the tech is, because it IS very real.

It’s what I described in the article of the first post, the Rogue Pro sit between Apex and Apex Pro’s. They’re going to spin less than the Apex Pro’s, be a little stronger flighted.
I think @Jman has nailed it here with his description and I'll add a few things that I saw which made me go Rogue ST Pro over Apex Pro. I was playing standard Apex 21 irons this past year and had them built 1 degree flat and 1 degree weak. That was to remove some of the visible offset and help me with my miss (hooking the ball). The Rogue ST pro sits more neutral than standard Apex so I didn't have to mess with having them bent. I could swing freely and trust that they weren't going to go way left. They had the looks similar to Apex Pro with the smaller head size, less offset, & thin top line but forgiveness more like the standard Apex. What was really big for me was performance on miss hits. With Apex Pro they did not sound/ feel good on my miss (low and toe). That shot was also penalized distance wise with Apex Pro (often coming up 10 yards shorter than well struck shots). With Rogue ST Pro the sound/ feel on those low & toe side misses was much better (it felt good across the whole face.. i seemed to test every inch of it) yet the dropoff in distance was minor compared to center strikes (only a few yards). For my swing, the difference in spin between the Apex Pro and Rogue ST Pro was only 150 - 200 rpms (Apex spinning more). Spin wasn't a concern and the fitter explained that the right shaft got us to the perfect spin and launch window with the Rogue ST Pro head.

You do know you don’t have to buy at those places, right? They’ll just let you try them, so then there is no guessing and you see what the tech is, because it IS very real.

I should do that, perhaps.

I'm older. We used to buy clubs at our own club professional's on course shop in the old days.
I don't know if you're old enough to remember that or not.

Then, even before the internet, the fair trade laws were abolished and the pros were pressured by places like Edwin Watts and Nevada Bob's
who had discount ads in the golf magazines and took phone orders.

Until then, the clubs had to be sold at MSRP--no discounts--so there was no point buying them anyplace else than your pro shop with help from your pro.

Stores sold only cheaper store models like Wilson's Sam Snead Blue Ridge or MacGregor's Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear or PowerBi;lt's Grand Slam.
Now, the phone order places could sell pro line clubs at prices that the independent club pros couldn't match.

It's the abolition of the fair trade laws--a huge change that's never discussed today because most people don't remember it--
that changed the industry. Younger players were born with that change having already happened, and grew up being fitted in stores.

Those of us older players from the pro shop era, however, made the transition by ordering blind, first by phone through magazine ads, and then by the internet.

Now we have launch monitors and simulators in golf stores, allegedly trained fitters, and we old players either made the transition or didn't.
I only mention all of this because it happened a while back and post boomers would not probably know about it.

Last edited:
Wait, I was right? 🤣
I can’t comment on the handicap, but can confirm regarding launch and spin and rocket ships.

@Jman while I haven’t seen in person yet the stock specs show rst pro has a considerable amount LESS offset than Apex pro 21. This is consistent with mav pro and even steelhead xr pro. Can anyone answer why Callaway adds so much offset to the apex pro? The only answer I got was tour feedback which is total bs.

Attachments

• E7FD0781-8574-4278-A975-3422406A7938.png
    E7FD0781-8574-4278-A975-3422406A7938.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 8
  • CFFA2695-3B3A-4437-9C8A-C23E92BF21E5.png
    CFFA2695-3B3A-4437-9C8A-C23E92BF21E5.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 8
@Jman while I haven’t seen in person yet the stock specs show rst pro has a considerable amount LESS offset than Apex pro 21. This is consistent with mav pro and even steelhead xr pro. Can anyone answer why Callaway adds so much offset to the apex pro? The only answer I got was tour feedback which is total bs.
The specs you put up there are for standard Apex.

Back