I will be very bummed if they don't have a replacement for the CF16 irons by early next year...itching to get new irons.

Will be interesting to see how they can improve upon the Apex. I'm not gaming mine at the moment but they have probably seen more action then anything else I've owned over the last 24 months. Such a solid iron that fits a lot of different golfers.

Looks like the X-Forged irons are live on the Callaway site now with a 10/20 release date.

Looks like the X-Forged irons are live on the Callaway site now with a 10/20 release date.

Um that’s incredible news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The X-Forged page is gone but I’m sure will be back by Thursday. Can’t wait to hit these. May get to hold over for CF18 next summer. From what I’m hearing from folks that have hit these they are more forgiving and have an extremely soft feel. No cupface so I would imagine a bit of distance loss over the CF16. I’ll have to hit them first, but this is the 1st offering since the CF16 that has even begun to peak my interest.

Fairway and hybrids with jailbreak tech? I am super intrigued. As for the Rogue driver, it only makes sense for them to insert Jailbreak tech with the success the Epic has had. Can't wait to give these a try.

I'm interested in the fairways. If the rumors are true about the gains with these across all levels then it's a no brainer to have them in the bag

Lots of speculation - to get an Epic driver or wait....hmmmmm

I'm interested in the fairways. If the rumors are true about the gains with these across all levels then it's a no brainer to have them in the bag

I hope that is true - I'm a 3 FW's and 1 Hybrid in the bag kind of guy.

Yeah the chatter around the FWs is very much like what people were saying about the Epic last year. Regardless of what happens in December, these are on my radar for sure. No brainer indeed!

As far as driver goes, I'm really hoping for something more XR16-ish. If they manage to add jailbreak or whatever to make it better, more power to them. Can't wait to hear more and get some cuts with all the new gear.

I will be very bummed if they don't have a replacement for the CF16 irons by early next year...itching to get new irons.

Latest rumour that I've heard is that they'll be shown at the PGA show but wont be released until May/June 2018. Now, the source is reliable, but it's still early yet. Does make sense though given the X-Forged release.

I've done some digging and asked a few friends who have seen the product (no pics released yet as per the embargo) and from what I have been told:

1. Epic will continue as the flagship driver
2. Rogue will be replacing the XR line with a similar color scheme to current Epic but with dark blue instead of green
3. Rogue will be fixed hosel, non-adjustable
4. Rogue will not have a slidign weight - instead will have 2 versions - one with a front/back weight (SZ) and one with a back and heel weight (Std)
5. Apex hybrids will be dropped
6. Jailbreak tech will be carried over into the FWs and the HYBs
7. The major focus of the release will be the FWs (A la Rocketballz??)

::Adds to the speculation::

I've done some digging and asked a few friends who have seen the product (no pics released yet as per the embargo) and from what I have been told:

3. Rogue will be fixed hosel, non-adjustable

I think this is true for the Fairways (bonded) but the Driver is adjustable (hosel) from what I've been hearing.

I think this is true for the Fairways (bonded) but the Driver is adjustable (hosel) from what I've been hearing.

That’s good because I have about negative interest in a bonded driver anymore.

1. Epic will continue as the flagship driver - Yes and no.
2. Rogue will be replacing the XR line with a similar color scheme to current Epic but with dark blue instead of green - Not really a direct replacement as the idea is to move to a one line across the board.
3. Rogue will be fixed hosel, non-adjustable Drive will not be fixed
4. Rogue will not have a slidign weight - instead will have 2 versions - one with a front/back weight (SZ) and one with a back and heel weight (Std)
5. Apex hybrids will be dropped
6. Jailbreak tech will be carried over into the FWs and the HYBs
7. The major focus of the release will be the FWs (A la Rocketballz??)God yes, and with good reason.

Just to help adjust some of the rumours.

The only issue I see is that Jailbreak makes the Epic driver feel very firm. It will probably do the same with fairways. As opposed to, let's say, the G400, which has such a sweet, soft feel. I think the current fairway line is excellent, but the Big Dog must keep moving.

The only issue I see is that Jailbreak makes the Epic driver feel very firm. It will probably do the same with fairways. As opposed to, let's say, the G400, which has such a sweet, soft feel. I think the current fairway line is excellent, but the Big Dog must keep moving.
Jailbreak is being adjusted some as well for the Rogue line. Won't get into it too much, however that feedback has been heard by the sounds of things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

an XR type driver with Jailbreak would interest me very very much. Also blue. I like blue.

an XR type driver with Jailbreak would interest me very very much. Also blue. I like blue.

I love xr so I think Id love XR on Steroids

Jailbreak is being adjusted some as well for the Rogue line. Won't get into it too much, however that feedback has been heard by the sounds of things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What about sound? Ive only hit the Epic a few times, which I liked, but I've heard the sound for some wasn't up to snuff. Any changes to that with Rogue?

What about sound? Ive only hit the Epic a few times, which I liked, but I've heard the sound for some wasn't up to snuff. Any changes to that with Rogue?

I haven't hit it, so I'm not sure how the adjustments would effect sound.

God I can't wait for these to be released. I think alot of people will be happy with it.

Back