Sexy beast

543C641E-4145-4D10-9EE5-8A345A2C4D6A.jpeg

658F808F-388F-4569-A2E3-BE8F3411261F.jpeg

7A981E51-3CBC-40D3-B682-9A6419C9FC9E.jpeg

Last edited:
I would call this the Dalton! You know, Patrick Swayze’s character from Road House?! Smaller than you think a utility iron would be, but packs a big punch!

5AF0E636-A5F7-447D-B693-36307AA7F496.jpeg3148A754-39F6-4011-A3B5-38EED54B62D3.jpeg811D851B-26F5-40C6-BEFF-09A1CF267828.jpeg

I would call this the Dalton! You know, Patrick Swayze’s character from Road House?! Smaller than you think a utility iron would be, but packs a big punch!

View attachment 8974834View attachment 8974836View attachment 8974837
Are you BUYING any of these goodies?!? Or hitting them there at least??

Just had some time to kill this afternoon.
You should hit a couple next time! It's a fun club, and we need more awesome feedback pressure on @radiman so he'll cave and break some speed records.

You should hit a couple next time! It's a fun club, and we need more awesome feedback pressure on @radiman so he'll cave and break some speed records.
Haha. Just hunkering down for the long winter. I have some shop credit to burn and was contemplating ordering one to use in our sim league. But, sounds like covid restrictions are going to delay that.

Let's be real here. It's only a matter of time.

Haha. Just hunkering down for the long winter. I have some shop credit to burn and was contemplating ordering one to use in our sim league. But, sounds like covid restrictions are going to delay that.

Let's be real here. It's only a matter of time.
That sucks about the delay. I hope it's just a delay, because it kinda wows indoors.

I could tag you in like.. one on course video a day of it or something, if you need any extra motivation. 'Cause I'm nice like that. What's your insta? :LOL:

That sucks about the delay. I hope it's just a delay, because it kinda wows indoors.

I could tag you in like.. one on course video a day of it or something, if you need any extra motivation. 'Cause I'm nice like that. What's your insta? :LOL:
Oh, that's all I need. Someone sending me daily videos if them golfing when I can't play, haha.

Oh, that's all I need. Someone sending me daily videos if them golfing when I can't play, haha.

Haha I'm just saying I'm here for ya. ;)

@radiman Imagine what YOU could do.... :LOL:

Last edited:
What's the name of that shot tracer app?
Just 'Shot Tracer'. Think it's by Visual Vertigo. There's a thread somewhere here with a guy asking about it. I made a video for him on his to use it. I guess I got it early access when it was free and it costs a bit now though. @MattyD-MPLS got one a little while back that may be different. I don't know how much he's used it or if he likes it though. This one's.. decent. Hard to complain about free. :confused2:

How would you guys say this stacks up against the TM UDI. Size, blade length, topline, junk in the trunk, offset, feel. Just curious as a utility iron is on my mind. I had used the the x forged utility at 21 with the project x 6.0 shaft in it and that thing was low bullets. is the new model the same flight for those that have hit both?

Haha I'm just saying I'm here for ya. ;)

@radiman Imagine what YOU could do.... :LOL:

He's going to hate you by the end of winter......but also have several new shiny clubs to try in the spring LOL!

How would you guys say this stacks up against the TM UDI. Size, blade length, topline, junk in the trunk, offset, feel. Just curious as a utility iron is on my mind. I had used the the x forged utility at 21 with the project x 6.0 shaft in it and that thing was low bullets. is the new model the same flight for those that have hit both?
20201119_090630.jpg20201119_090605.jpg

Cally has much more junk in her trunk, thicker top line (but about the same perceived because it's beveled), maybe a little less percieved offset, blade lengths are very similar, and I can't speak vs. the previous X Forged, but I think it gets up easier than a UDI equivalent.

Last edited:
He's going to hate you by the end of winter......but also have several new shiny clubs to try in the spring LOL!
Haha Nah, I wouldn't actually do it to him. It would be fun in a SIM league with that sole though.

Just 'Shot Tracer'. Think it's by Visual Vertigo. There's a thread somewhere here with a guy asking about it. I made a video for him on his to use it. I guess I got it early access when it was free and it costs a bit now though. @MattyD-MPLS got one a little while back that may be different. I don't know how much he's used it or if he likes it though. This one's.. decent. Hard to complain about free. :confused2:
@radiman, I have golf tracer and I believe I paid like $5 for it. I tried to find a free version but they weren't very good or had add ons.

Haha, if I didn't want to be influenced, I wouldn't be here every day! The only thing that is keeping me from jumping in right off the bat is that the Mav Pro hybrid has shown to be a really really versatile club for me at my course. I just don't know that a UT will replace it in the situations that I need to use it. I can hit it high or low. Over trees off the tee, or a low laser beam. Seems pretty fade biased so I don't really ever hit the weird smother hook. The only thing that may be a knock on it is that it is crazy long. I am trying to be smarter about my equipment choices. I want to get them both on the course and see which one ends up being the better fit for me.

Haha, if I didn't want to be influenced, I wouldn't be here every day! The only thing that is keeping me from jumping in right off the bat is that the Mav Pro hybrid has shown to be a really really versatile club for me at my course. I just don't know that a UT will replace it in the situations that I need to use it. I can hit it high or low. Over trees off the tee, or a low laser beam. Seems pretty fade biased so I don't really ever hit the weird smother hook. The only thing that may be a knock on it is that it is crazy long. I am trying to be smarter about my equipment choices. I want to get them both on the course and see which one ends up being the better fit for me.
I was thinking about this before and during play today. I have a Mav Pro hybrid that I really like, and this post made me realize I haven't played it in a while, so I was thinking about why. I think it's because of a couple things you mentioned. I do hit an occasional squeezy knuckler with it. It's rare, but it has definitely happened. And it can be ridiculously long. Which is handy when I want it, but not, when I don't. So far the X Forged UT 21 has fit right into the distance I basically want that hybrid at, but it's been way more consistent at it. And it looks like my last UT was too. I think the difference might be that I play it, and it's set up more like an iron than a metal wood. My Mav Pro has an 80X. This UT is110g that matches some of my irons, and gives me pretty consistent carry and spin. Not high by any means, but higher, and with less variation. And I think I can shape it better. That pro hybrid is really versatile but other than up and down and various straight/draw combinations it's a little more limited for me as it's set up. I don't think I'd even try to hit a high fade with it, and I feel totally comfortable doing that with the UT. Which is all just crazy to realize because I played that hybrid like a fiddle earlier this year and thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. :unsure:

Oh, and it was a really good club today off the tee and into the wind on a par 3. I wanted to hang back, lengthen the course, and play the P7MC's instead of specialties, and it was just what I wanted it to be. Easy ball speed lets me be more precise with it.

Last edited:
Great review, Dan! 152mph is impressive! Swing is looking good too!

Does anyone know what size tip are in these, I have the 18 degree UT iron and I want to put a graphite shaft in it and am unsure what tip size to order. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Guys......guys.....

870CCE4B-8FA4-41FB-88EF-207FE7175D88.jpeg8457DD4E-3314-4B0E-85CE-3A3979F5A36A.jpegB0FDACE4-BA49-4191-B2F8-8D951C24C57B.jpegC821DDFF-01AD-4D97-B9A3-CB9D0537275F.jpeg

Back