105g MMT, or 85g Recoil Hybo Proto?

Wow, that’s crazy good!

I’m curious as to how 149 ball speed produces a 300 yard shot?
Playing at high elevation and desert conditions that allow for tons of roll I am sometimes able to get 240 out of my 3 UT and that feels pretty good. Over 300 though, that is something else :oops:

I’m not sure it is possible to get 149 ball speedwith 4k spin out to 3 hundo. The total distance seems off. Impressive bs for the UT though.

I’m not sure it is possible to get 149 ball speedwith 4k spin out to 3 hundo. The total distance seems off. Impressive bs for the UT though.
With respect to my numbers, my TrackMan sessions normally are set for my elevation, 4000 feet. 150-ish ball speed can get you 300 yards in my neck of the woods. The same drive is 270 or so yards are sea level.

It really is, he’s a Danimal....with maybe a little elevation. :ROFLMAO:

See above.

With respect to my numbers, my TrackMan sessions normally are set for my elevation, 4000 feet. 150-ish ball speed can get you 300 yards in my neck of the woods. The same drive is 270 or so yards are sea level.

Yeah, so I guess the key is to focus on the bs and spin
See above.

105g MMT, or 85g Recoil Hybo Proto?
I'm bias against 85 in a UT anyway, but the 105 MMT is crazy smooth. Makes a guy feel like a hero.

I'm bias against 85 in a UT anyway, but the 105 MMT is crazy smooth. Makes a guy feel like a hero.
Man, I love lighter. It’s not what it used to be.

Gonna try the 4i UT with EvenFlow blue 85S and I’m excited to get it and give it some swings

Can anyone throw some light and wha tip size the shaft is in these? .335, .355? Looking to pick up a AD IZ shaft for mine but unsure what tip size to get.

Can anyone throw some light and wha tip size the shaft is in these? .335, .355? Looking to pick up a AD IZ shaft for mine but unsure what tip size to get.
The stock shafts (Project X U, Hzrdus Smoke Hybrid) are .370 tip size. I think the Tour AD IZ hybrid shaft is also .370.

Any advantages/disadvantages of the UT vs. The Apex Pro 4 iron.

I hit the 18* in this yesterday. I had been hitting irons and a few older guys came in as I was about to leave. They started joking around about how no one could hit this club. I told them I'd humor them for one swing. As fast as I could go (no way I would game this club) I nailed the sweet spot. 240 yard carry and rolled to 265 on GC2. I said goodbye and walked off like a boss knowing that would never happen again. :);)

Would love to get feedback on this too.

I’m thinking I’d go Pro 4 iron, then to the 21 UT.
Dunno, that 24 UT looks intriguing though.

Much different in size profile, the UT has a wider sole and more mass low and back than the Apex Pro will. The more apt conversation in my opinion would be these versus the DCB or even standard Apex, still different animals, but with a more similar weighting premise.

Would love to get feedback on this too.

I’m thinking I’d go Pro 4 iron, then to the 21 UT.
Dunno, that 24 UT looks intriguing though.
I was looking on the Callaway website and it says that the 24* is unavailable for up to 8 weeks.

I was looking on the Callaway website and it says that the 24* is unavailable for up to 8 weeks.
I guess the good news there is I certainly wont be playing any golf any time soon...

Went with the 8F5 Proto Recoil Hybrid shaft in the 4U. Taking to the course tomorrow. (y)

For the record I did hit the 18 again today... couldn’t launch it to save my life. The 24 was really nice though

For the record I did hit the 18 again today... couldn’t launch it to save my life. The 24 was really nice though
I also hit the 18 low but get plenty of roll out and find its awesome on windy days. I have the stock steel shaft in it and I am looking at changing to a graphite shaft to try and get a touch more launch and control. The stock steel shaft is a bit to soft for my swing speed. Maybe put a grandpa shaft (just messing) in the 18 and see how you go, you may be shocked at the result.

Going to give this one a workout today on a course where landing areas matter. Pretty excited.

I also hit the 18 low but get plenty of roll out and find its awesome on windy days. I have the stock steel shaft in it and I am looking at changing to a graphite shaft to try and get a touch more launch and control. The stock steel shaft is a bit to soft for my swing speed. Maybe put a grandpa shaft (just messing) in the 18 and see how you go, you may be shocked at the result.

read back a few post and you’d see why that one was funny. I’m so much better with hybrids that I don’t carry a utility.

read back a few post and you’d see why that one was funny. I’m so much better with hybrids that I don’t carry a utility.
You and most people. It’s definitely still a niche club, and rightfully so imo.

Back