Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Fairway Wood Review Thread

Cant wait to test this as a potential driver replacement. I just got a new shaft in my 19 degree adams XTD and it's working much better now so if this works out, that'll make a nice 1-2 combo.

It is a very good driver alternative, it provides really solid launch conditions and has a very solid feel.

It is a very good driver alternative, it provides really solid launch conditions and has a very solid feel.

Music to my ears.

I really want this thing. I prefer smaller club heads and would easily bag this as a driver if it is as long as I think it will be.

Really a bummer (for me, anyway) that the face angle is going to be 2 degrees open. A slice off the tee is my worst enemy with the driver and I was hoping perhaps this would be a full-on driver repalcement, but probably not with an open face. Oh well.

Really a bummer (for me, anyway) that the face angle is going to be 2 degrees open. A slice off the tee is my worst enemy with the driver and I was hoping perhaps this would be a full-on driver repalcement, but probably not with an open face. Oh well.

i was thinking the same thing but 2* isn't horrible. i'm gonna give it a few swings i honestly think its gonna be to long for me to justify having it in my bag. but i bet it will be a much more consistent swing so it still prob will be a better fairway finder than a driver for most people.

The 3 Deep sounds like the RBZ tourspoon from last year deep face and long off the tee but and adventure off the deck

Last edited:
The 3 Deep sounds like the RBZ tourspoon from last year deep face and lond off the tee but and adventure off the deck

That's what I'm thinking too, a fairway wood that can't be hit off the fairway is useless to me.

Honestly I am a fade player and hit open faced clubs a heck of a lot better. Swing the club first it might surprise you like it did me.

I don't think this would be a club i'd consider for my MC bag. I hit the standard fairway woods pretty well

I'll let you hit mine if we are able to order, then you can decide
I don't think this would be a club i'd consider for my MC bag. I hit the standard fairway woods pretty well

I hit the 3 deep at a demo day today it is solid Easy to hit from the deck or tee not a big fan of the stock shaft but the Head is the real deal it was just as long as my stage 2 tour i could only imagine if it had a better shaft. I still can't get over how easy it was to hit a 13 off the deck

I hit the 3 deep at a demo day today it is solid Easy to hit from the deck or tee not a big fan of the stock shaft but the Head is the real deal it was just as long as my stage 2 tour i could only imagine if it had a better shaft. I still can't get over how easy it was to hit a 13 off the deck
Interesting, what shaft was in it? How was the launch off the tee and deck?

Interesting, what shaft was in it? How was the launch off the tee and deck?

It had the stock Project X 6.5 both off the deck and tee were Mid flight off the deck it was a tick lower but not much

I really want to get my hands on one of these. I find myself hitting driver less and less these days because my 4 wood is much more consistent and workable, and only about 20-25 yards shorter. I could potentially replace both with one of these.

The club is in all my local Golfsmith's and for sale on Ebay as of this morning. Have at it !!

Nice thoughts. I cant wait to get my hands on one of these. I adore my 3w off the tee as its more consistent than my driver and this could help this!

The club is in all my local Golfsmith's and for sale on Ebay as of this morning. Have at it !!

was just about to post this, the local Golfsmith had a 3deep 13 degree pro in the hitting area for anyone to try

The PGA Superstore I went to Saturday had them as we'll but I didn't get a chance to hit it.

My home course just received a 13 degree deep version and because of my back surgery I still can't hit, but I should get cleared next week. I'm really interested in this clubs as a possible driver replacement. I like my Ping 13 degree driver, but I'm ready to get away from these overgrown 460cc drivers and go with something smaller. Should be interesting to see if it is in fact longer for me than my current driver. Our sales rep thinks it will be.

time to go to Golf Galaxy tomorrow!

I went to Golfsmith and hit the 13* tonight. Unbelievable results. I was hitting 260 off the deck and even had one that went 280. That's about as far, maybe further than my driver. I'm really tempted to try the 14.5*.

I went to Golfsmith and hit the 13* tonight. Unbelievable results. I was hitting 260 off the deck and even had one that went 280. That's about as far, maybe further than my driver. I'm really tempted to try the 14.5*.
Swing speed? Shaft?

It was the Project X 6.0 Shaft. Didn't take note of swing speed. I will probably hit it again in another day or so and let you know my stats then.

Do you know your normal driver SS range?

Back