Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cameron Smith just lit up the field at the TOC Sentry Championship with a score of -34 under. I mean that is some lights out shooting.

He has a style unlike many on tour with the mullet & flashy style out on the course.

What are your thoughts about him and do you see him winning a major in 2022?

Favorite golfer on tour. Lives in the area, loves to fish, his boat is sick, love his style and attitude. Keep winning Cam!

I liked him since he had a good round at the masters... Style not so much but he sure can play

I like Cam. He seems like a down to earth guy. I sure as heck wouldn’t bet against him to win a major this year.

I wouldn’t call him a lock for a major victory, but I sure wouldn’t count him out either. I don’t see any weak spots anywhere in his game if he can keep playing like he did this week.

I think we see him on top of the leaderboard a lot more this year.

Favorite golfer on tour. Lives in the area, loves to fish, his boat is sick, love his style and attitude. Keep winning Cam!
His house is sick. I’ve seen him multiple times at PVO & he is really good friends with one of my daughters friends. My neighbor filmed a commercial with him a few weeks ago.

Just a genuine good guy and aus . No pretence just hard work and belief.

You don’t play Presidents cup because you good , you play it cos your damn good .

He could given opportunity , but that’s could be said for many in the field …..

To admire respect and watch is going to a fun experience though given his short tenure at this level.

Don’t get the hairstyle but he does have the game. I can see him competing in majors but majors are a little different than playing in Hawaii. (both individual tour wins were in Hawaii).

Last edited:
59A656E5-0E65-4BE2-8D28-E3493CD589EA.jpeg

He's quirky. All around good player. Isn't exceptional in any facet.

I doubt he wins a major this year.

Don’t get the hairstyle but he does have the game. I can see him competing in majors but majors are a little different than playing in Hawaii. (both tour wins were in Hawaii).
He finished second in the last Masters. In the previous Masters he shot a 30 on the back nine in the last round, tieing the record. He finished fourth in his first tour event in America, which happened to be the US Open. That 3-wood to one foot on the 72nd hole at Chambers Bay earned him his tour card. He made it on the USPGA tour playing one event in the USA. How many players have done that?

Don’t get the hairstyle but he does have the game. I can see him competing in majors but majors are a little different than playing in Hawaii. (both tour wins were in Hawaii).
New Orleans isn't in Hawaii though.

I followed him during the back 9 at the Northern Trust last year when he shot 60. Dude can play. And seems so calm while doing it.

Dude's got game

Slowest greens on tour and he has two wins there and a couple other. Fastest is where majors are played. That disconnect doesn't point to a major win. But he was lights out this week.

Try putt at royal melb when green are 12 - 13 and they are hard and you have hot northerly wind blowing … he’s good enough l wouldn’t discount him … based on limited exposed form since joining that level .

Back