Can Mickelson do it?

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Phil is 46 and will turn 47 during the U.S. Open this year. He hasn't won on tour since 2013 and is missing the U.S. Open to complete the career grand slam.

Can Phil win again on tour or is he stuck at 42 wins and 5 majors?

Can he complete the career grand slam and get major number 6?

Of course he can.

He has one of the best short games on tour and if he can get a hot putter there is no doubt he could win a US Open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely can. He was one guy having one of the greatest final rounds in the history of a major from winning a major just last year.

I could see a win or two more on the regular tour and definitely see contention in a few more majors, I just don't see it happening as much as I would like to see it.

For sure. Right now he just needs to learn how to make par. But he has the game to compete with anyone and win any tournament

He can do it!!

I think he wins again for sure but never the US Open, he puts too much pressure on himself.

He'll win on tour for sure again. Don't know if he can get that US Open he wants so badly.

Major no.
Win on tour yes but I think that window is closing as well.
Just so much talent now its tough

I think he can win again, maybe even a major!

Absolutely he can. He is still making more birdies than just about anyone in golf. Just needs to clean up a few mistakes per round and he is right there.

I think he can, I think winged foot is coming up and that might be his best shot

I really believe he can. Stop Tin Cup shots and take par sometimes and it shaves strokes. BUT, I do realize that those Tin Cup shots also are what makes him such an exciting player too so maybe moderation is the key ��

Major no.
Win on tour yes but I think that window is closing as well.
Just so much talent now its tough

This is kinda where I'm at. Outside of Augusta I'm not sure he can get another major. With the depth if fields on tour his window is very small to get a tour win and it seems like he gets hoe for a round or two between Thur and sat then fades late sat or on Sunday

Players of Phil's caliber have won majors past 46. He can win, he needs his A game and needs the new up and comers not to play great. He still misses to many game keeper short putts.

Had Stenson not played great he would have won last year. If he peaks for majors he will win.

#TEAMSNELL aka #TeamGreen

Sure he can. He came close last year. Still one of the best short games in the game.

I really believe he can. Stop Tin Cup shots and take par sometimes and it shaves strokes. BUT, I do realize that those Tin Cup shots also are what makes him such an exciting player too so maybe moderation is the key ��

I think this is a key part but I don't see him changing his approach.

I think he can. But he needs to be able to close better. He's been in contention in at least one major the past 3 years. But he can't close out lately. Just take last week for an example. He got into contention last Sunday and then flamed out on the back 9 by getting too aggressive. Also look at the PGA Championship from 2014. He got too aggressive on what should have been an easy up and down and ended up bogeying a hole. So he loses by 1.

I think he's not quite there mentally yet. Being aggressive has won him 50 tournaments around the world. But it also has cost him in the past few years. But he's too good of a golfer to stay on a winless streak forever.

I think at this point in his career he's focusing on the majors and the other events are strictly tune-ups now. Besides arthritis his body has held up great and I don't see any reason why he can't snag 2-3 majors before hitting 50. When his putter gets hot it's a scary thing to watch.

No reason why he can't. He has too much talent and still has plenty in the tank.

He absolutely can. He still gets tons of birdies, he just also tends to get a good amount of bogies as well with his style. If he turns the putter on and limits the bogies during any given tournament, he'll be right in it.

He sure can!

yes, he can. he is an incredible talent. his longevity is really impressive too.

Hecan definitely do it it if gets on a hot streak, he's proven he still has what it takes

Back