Canadan for Tadashi #SwingTips

I had a flying right elbow as a kid, and my ball striking got way more consistent once I learned to keep it in.

Since then, Ive come believe that keeping that elbow tucked and in line (generally anyway) with the left arm, shaft, and clubface allows you to engage the lower body more and more efficiently transfer the kinetic energy we build in our backswing to the ball at impact.

I can show you pics of what I mean later, if you want.

I'll be heading to the range in an hour or so and will definitely try to see how much more of my body needs to be engaged with an elbow that is a bit more trapped to the body. At that point, I'll decide whether to roll with what I've got or make the change haha. It's tough to really commit to activating that much more of the body when I'm already happy with my numbers. #SwingYourSwing keeps being played over and over in my head.

Should be a fun process. Even if it's marginal.

I'll be heading to the range in an hour or so and will definitely try to see how much more of my body needs to be engaged with an elbow that is a bit more trapped to the body. At that point, I'll decide whether to roll with what I've got or make the change haha. It's tough to really commit to activating that much more of the body when I'm already happy with my numbers. #SwingYourSwing keeps being played over and over in my head.

Swing into the inner right leg first before you try the elbow stuff. I have a feeling that may give you some added distance and great compression. Your timing will be a bit off so take it slow and build into it.

With the results that you get, #SwingYourSwing is a solid approach. I firmly believe that you dont argue with results.

After I posted my swing a few weeks ago, I came realize that I shouldnt be messing with my swing as much as i do, and that Id be better off improving other aspects of my game.

But Im all for whatever we have to do turn 80s into 75s, 75s to 72s, 72s to 69s, and in your case, 69s into 66s.

Interested to hear how your range session goes. Good luck!

Freddie, quick question on Dan's setup/posture; when he sets up to the ball his hands look to be closer to the body instead of directly under his chin. My instructor (and Swingbyte 2 suggestions also) was trying to get me to have my hands start directly under my chin. Seeing that Dan has a really solid swing, what (if any) effect does the starting position have to do with his success throughout the swing? Thanks.

Swing into the inner right leg first before you try the elbow stuff. I have a feeling that may give you some added distance and great compression. Your timing will be a bit off so take it slow and build into it.
Help me to understand what you mean Freddie. Here's at the top and most of the way down. Right leg seems to have a pretty significant transition already?

771f41cfbde1a00d82fcec5ebcbeaba5.jpg

Help me to understand what you mean Freddie. Here's at the top and most of the way down. Right leg seems to have a pretty significant transition already?

I believe he wants you to get the weight on the backswing into the inner portion of your right leg, will help keep some knee flex in the back leg.

I believe he wants you to get the weight on the backswing into the inner portion of your right leg, will help keep some knee flex in the back leg.

The weight is on my back leg during the backswing. I'm not a scientist or anything, but weight doesn't really get put on a certain part of the leg haha.. Gravity and such doesn't really work that way.

We'll see what Freddie says.

The weight is on my back leg during the backswing. I'm not a scientist or anything, but weight doesn't really get put on a certain part of the leg haha.. Gravity and such doesn't really work that way.

We'll see what Freddie says.
I grabbed a couple of pics of Wardy's swing because I think he does what Freddie is saying very well. Its one of the reasons I believe him to be so consistently straight. I tried to grab shots that are as close to the two shots you posted.

I dont mean to step out of line here but I think a visual will help. If not, Ill bail out.

eaa980ed052ece3d7d4953bf74867e8b.jpg

33822a6a7d179df0db72b4ee69e363f8.jpg

His weight is actually over the inside of his right foot, which creates resistance and flex in the inside of the right thigh, as Freddie said. This allows him to use that resistance to drive the club to the ball, resulting in his right foot coming well off of the ground at the same point that yours is still planted.

I apologize if everything Ive said barely qualifies as a coherent thought. Ill award myself no points, and may God have mercy on my soul.

How did the range session go?

How did the range session go?

About what you'd expect. A conscious effort to drive with my right leg got me through contact well, but the quality of contact drops quite a bit, especially when I mess with my right elbow. I'm also seeing at least 2-3* less launch while employing this action. By the end of the session, I switched to my driver and continued to try and drive with the right leg, and it again dropped launch a bit, but also produced a bit of a fade.

I'll continue to play with it a bit each time out. I saw a pretty good bit of added distance on my wedges (and I think with how much I have to hover at the wedge length it is probably my most likely place to plant weight ahead of the ball rather than behind it), so that's a nice plus.

About what you'd expect. A conscious effort to drive with my right leg got me through contact well, but the quality of contact drops quite a bit, especially when I mess with my right elbow. I'm also seeing at least 2-3* less launch while employing this action. By the end of the session, I switched to my driver and continued to try and drive with the right leg, and it again dropped launch a bit, but also produced a bit of a fade.

I'll continue to play with it a bit each time out. I saw a pretty good bit of added distance on my wedges (and I think with how much I have to hover at the wedge length it is probably my most likely place to plant weight ahead of the ball rather than behind it), so that's a nice plus.

It's a work in progress my friend. Honestly I saw it last November but your swing is so grooved that I kept my mouth shut. I thought to myself, here is guy that can play any course tee to green. I actually tried to emulate your high hands. And I have ever since.

I'm not saying to give up but I am saying you have great action that maybe should be left alone. You want more distance with out all the pushes and pokes. Keep you back to the target a fraction longer. You pickup a few miles per hour in swing speed.

I will say it again.....I would kill for that swing!

It's a work in progress my friend. Honestly I saw it last November but your swing is so grooved that I kept my mouth shut. I thought to myself, here is guy that can play any course tee to green. I actually tried to emulate your high hands. And I have ever since.

I'm not saying to give up but I am saying you have great action that maybe should be left alone. You want more distance with out all the pushes and pokes. Keep you back to the target a fraction longer. You pickup a few miles per hour in swing speed.

I think the change can be subtle enough to implement over time.. I already want to get my weight into the back leg (which i wasn't doing at all last year), and if that can be accomplished over the course of a season and possibly eliminate some launch and spin from my game, I think it'll be a big accomplishment.

Over the years, I've found the hardest thing about constructing your own swing over the course of a lifetime, is practical application of core fundamentals. With that in mind, having a generalized goal of a more typical golf swing is something I've pursued for a few years now, especially if it means my ability to make the same move on the golf ball will last an extra ten or so years at the latter stages of my golfing career.

I think the change can be subtle enough to implement over time.. I already want to get my weight into the back leg (which i wasn't doing at all last year), and if that can be accomplished over the course of a season and possibly eliminate some launch and spin from my game, I think it'll be a big accomplishment.

Over the years, I've found the hardest thing about constructing your own swing over the course of a lifetime, is practical application of core fundamentals. With that in mind, having a generalized goal of a more typical golf swing is something I've pursued for a few years now, especially if it means my ability to make the same move on the golf ball will last an extra ten or so years at the latter stages of my golfing career.

Here's the thing, from hip to hip, your swing is just fine and that is all matters. I was just trying to give you an extra 10 yards per club :D.

Learn how to putt Bermuda and I'll carry your bag on tour.

Here's the thing, from hip to hip, your swing is just fine and that is all matters. I was just trying to give you an extra 10 yards per club :D.

Learn how to putt Bermuda and I'll carry your bag on tour.

haha, I am really not sure what I'd do with 175 yards out of an 8 iron (Colorado golf excluded)!!!

But it's a fun thought. I think a conscious thought of maintaining that move on the back leg is going to get my wedges and my PW back to the numbers I expect out of them.

haha, I am really not sure what I'd do with 175 yards out of an 8 iron (Colorado golf excluded)!!!

But it's a fun thought. I think a conscious thought of maintaining that move on the back leg is going to get my wedges and my PW back to the numbers I expect out of them.

I also think you'll be able to control the flight of those wedges better. Essentially from 100 and in you can get creative as it's mostly an arm swing.

I think you need a whole new swing Dan and let me have that one haha.

Back