Central IL, St Louis, Indianapolis Area Gathering

Has anyone ever played Lake Carroll in Lanark?

Dude I want to go so bad to this!!!! Tell you what, you go out to Virginia and wear my Army uniform and go to a ceremony and I go to this. Sounds fare doesn't it LOL..
Not a chance.... Iowa events are too much fun to miss.

Got room for 1 at weaver ridge on this Sunday 1:30 if anyone wants in

Dude I want to go so bad to this!!!! Tell you what, you go out to Virginia and wear my Army uniform and go to a ceremony and I go to this. Sounds fare doesn't it LOL..
Two words, coers... Stunt double. ;-)

anyone interested in playing this weekend? I'll be in Peoria.

Figured I should post this in here also since the Quad Cities isn't too far from Peoria area.

Hey guys, Fyre Lake in Sherrard, IL is having their 50% off deal today. Check it out. Jack Nicklaus designed course just south of the Quad Cities. I played it last year and is a fantastic course. Can't beat $27.50!

http://qctimes.upickem.net/r/33YpgMkFc4Q

I bought two rounds , maybe we can get a group together before October 31, 2015.

Just saw that as well. They got a new pro this year, but when I saw who it was I shook my head. Oh well. Hopefully they get the course in good shape early this year. Finally started to come together last year sort of. I want to say they got a new grounds guy and that's why it improved, but don't quote me on that.

Either way, I'll play any weekend with you if you head up. Just give me some advanced notice.

I have a buddy who lives in Coal Valley so I will definitely be heading over for a couple rounds. I'll let you know when we get something scheduled.

Im pretty excited about bringing the THP Tour Van up to IL twice this year for THP Events.

I gotta get into at least one of those shindigs. That or maybe I can be assistant to the assistant to the general manager.

I gotta get into at least one of those shindigs. That or maybe I can be assistant to the assistant to the general manager.

It would be ASS to the ATM

That sounds super dirty.

#PersonalDistance and #TheGauntlet are going to be special.

Just saw that as well. They got a new pro this year, but when I saw who it was I shook my head. Oh well. Hopefully they get the course in good shape early this year. Finally started to come together last year sort of. I want to say they got a new grounds guy and that's why it improved, but don't quote me on that.

Either way, I'll play any weekend with you if you head up. Just give me some advanced notice.
Yea were gonna have to hit that place back up. Was a nice layout last time just needed some work. Imagine I can get Brian to come with.

Fyre Lake is a beautiful golf course and well worth the money. The only drawback is the bugs.. maybe it was just the time of year and day I was played but it was almost unbearable. However, the course was awesome and I will go back one day.

Yea we had crazy gnats for a while last year if that's what you are talking about. Just grab a bottle of Absorbine Jr and stick in your bag. Works like a charm.

It's a neat course, but they've really struggled with conditioning and maintenance in the past, which makes it a risky one to plan a trip to for me. And just from talking to others in the area, that's not a rare opinion. Some big drainage problems, terrible greens, etc.

However, last year they seemed to get on track, especially with the greens. From what I hear it'll keep getting better.

I have only played the course once so my view is a bit limited. I didn't run into any bug issues but we also didn't tee off until late morning. I can agree with the wetter conditions, some areas of the fairways were a bit damp. When I played (I believe it was late July early August) the course was in pretty good shape. I had also heard the maintenance was tough in previous years but seemed like they worked pretty hard on it last year. I guess this year we shall see if it's any better. Either way my rounds have been purchased so I better use them ;)

I think if what they are saying is true, it should be looking really good this year. Let's hope for a good growing season to get it off on the right foot.

Any of you guys in the central IL area within a short distance to Macomb, IL (Western Illinois University)? My inlaws live in Macomb and usually get down to play the university course a few times a year.

Back