Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Looking to get a round or two with some THPers before the weather breaks. If anyone in the area is looking to play hit my PM and let's see if we can schedule something

Another Ping for this one! It’s a little speedy, but not too bad considering Dauphin is $68 regularly. Lunch and a drink ticket are included.::

My wife and her coworkers are putting on a charity scramble for the second straight year at Dauphin Highlands on September 10th. Proceeds benefit the Bethesda Mission in Harrisburg. It’s incredibly informal and relatively non-competitive with the grand prize probably being a dozen golf balls or a Yeti tumbler. Last year was a ton of fun even though my formidable team Chocolate Chippers came up short. Feel free to reach out if anyone is interested!

View attachment 9111961
Hope this went well for your wife. The weather was great.

Looking to get a round or two with some THPers before the weather breaks. If anyone in the area is looking to play hit my PM and let's see if we can schedule something
I may be available next week. Is Turtke Creek still in good shape?

I still have vouchers to Iron Valley if Lebanon isn’t too far.

I may be available next week. Is Turtke Creek still in good shape?

Can't play next week, but open any week after. Turtle Creek was in decent shape when I played a month ago.

I still have vouchers to Iron Valley if Lebanon isn’t too far.

Absolutely I would drive up there. Let me know when your are available and we can set it up

If anyone is interested, The Grint is finally bringing The Grint Tour to the Philly area.

If anyone is interested, The Grint is finally bringing The Grint Tour to the Philly area.
I think I’m in. My home course.

Oh nice!! Let us know how the Tour is. I've ways been interested in The Grint Tour.
I played in an event last year. It was super casual which was nice, but you don’t really get anything extra from the event.

Has anyone played RiverCrest in Phoenixville? Thinking of joining - had a quick tour of the club yesterday and it looks really nice. Haven't played it though, and there is about a year waitlist. I'll try to play it before deciding but curious if anyone here has played it and your thoughts on the course.

Has anyone played RiverCrest in Phoenixville? Thinking of joining - had a quick tour of the club yesterday and it looks really nice. Haven't played it though, and there is about a year waitlist. I'll try to play it before deciding but curious if anyone here has played it and your thoughts on the course.
I am currently on the waiting list right now. The course is a fun and challenging layout. Especially the 18th coming in. Of the local private courses I have played the layout is the best. I looked at Brookside, Bellewood, and Rivercrest for my area. I like Rivercrest the most as they seem to be more active socially then the other two. Plus, the golf was better on top.

The food is really good as well. The waiting list allows you to have access to the restaurant.

I am currently on the waiting list right now. The course is a fun and challenging layout. Especially the 18th coming in. Of the local private courses I have played the layout is the best. I looked at Brookside, Bellewood, and Rivercrest for my area. I like Rivercrest the most as they seem to be more active socially then the other two. Plus, the golf was better on top.

The food is really good as well. The waiting list allows you to have access to the restaurant.

That's great to hear. Was curious about the food as well. Joining would definitely get me playing more golf and I think that's what my life needs right now. :)

I won a twosome play at Foxchase on a weekday. Expires end of 2023. If ya want it send me a note. I'll send it along. Just too far for me.

Can't play next week, but open any week after. Turtle Creek was in decent shape when I played a month ago.

Absolutely I would drive up there. Let me know when your are available and we can set it up

Keep me posted about your schedule the next few weeks. I can probably get a round or two in hopefully.

Keep me posted about your schedule the next few weeks. I can probably get a round or two in hopefully.
Just got the Rapsodo in the mail today. Get that out on the range and then we can setup a round. Check the weather to see when is good.

My schedule is usually very flexible.

Played Royal Oaks for the first time this weekend. I liked it. Greens were well taken care of, and the course was in pretty decent shape. I like that they decided to get rid of bunkers and make them grass, but if you're going to do that, at least get the grass growing in there properly, and not let it be weeds and half grown in.

Also it was a 5 hour round, no marshal in sight. Waited on the 13th tee for 20 minutes. I'd play it again, but not having to wait like we did.

Played Royal Oaks for the first time this weekend. I liked it. Greens were well taken care of, and the course was in pretty decent shape. I like that they decided to get rid of bunkers and make them grass, but if you're going to do that, at least get the grass growing in there properly, and not let it be weeds and half grown in.

Also it was a 5 hour round, no marshal in sight. Waited on the 13th tee for 20 minutes. I'd play it again, but not having to wait like we did.
Royal Oaks is one of my go to’s because pace of play is usually good. That hasn’t been the case this year. And they’ve been trying to grow grass in those grass bunkers for 3 years 🤦‍♂️ at least they got new carts this year!

Royal Oaks is one of my go to’s because pace of play is usually good. That hasn’t been the case this year. And they’ve been trying to grow grass in those grass bunkers for 3 years 🤦‍♂️ at least they got new carts this year!

Apparently there was a large group (over 20) from out of state that was holding everyone up. When we got to the 13th tee, we were the third group to arrive there and be waiting. 3 groups on the tee is just absurd. Looking out, you could see guys walking around looking for balls all over.

It's definitely a fun place to play, would love to again, but WOOF. As for the bunkers, that's just bad. I know everywhere has budgets, and manpower issues, etc. but if you are getting rid of bunkers because you can't take care of them (presumably why any course would be wanting them gone) do it right, and do it early, and you wouldn't have much of an issue I would think.

Signed up for a Superintendent’s Revenge tournament at Dauphin Highlands on Saturday 11/19. It’s only $55 and is a 2-person scramble, which is a great deal considering it’s usually $68 to play there on a weekend morning. 2 drinks and raffle/prize entry included.

FYI....Group Golfer has a deal for full bag fitting at Jack Frost for next spring to fall for $20. Must buy it now.

Morgan Hill for $30 on Group Golfer, good through June. Haven't played there in a few years so am considering it!

Morgan Hill for $30 on Group Golfer, good through June. Haven't played there in a few years so am considering it!
It was so burnt out in late July/August when I played. I believe they use a well water system from the township and the levels were too low during the late summer. The township made them reduce their usage to only greens and tee boxes. I will be picking up one of these vouchers for sure.

Is this the super hilly course?

Back