CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

I hit up the range last night with my new Zarma spike replacement, and it looks like the extraction I did earlier this week was safe. The replaced spike held tight and I didn't notice any issues with it slipping or being loose.

I hit up the range last night with my new Zarma spike replacement, and it looks like the extraction I did earlier this week was safe. The replaced spike held tight and I didn't notice any issues with it slipping or being loose.

Well that's good to hear

This past weekend my Zarmas are still going strong. I do have about 3 pairs of shoes on rotation now and I can envision myself replacing these sometime next season. They still feel great and I am about 15 pics away to get a decent time lapse of the wear and tear. Kudos CHAMP!

I wore my tour 360's with the Zarma spikes two of the three rounds in Iowa over last weekend. While I noticed a couple of the prongs have finally worn down and broke off, I'm still seeing plenty of tractio and comfort with these. In fact, I pointed out to my playing group on Sunday just how much these 'Track" up the greens with tiny punch holes. They actually come in handy when you miss a putt and want to go back to the exact spot to give it another go, lol.

While I havent put a round in them in a few days, I wanted to come back in here and let it be known that the Zarmas are still awesome. I still havent had a 'finger' break off, experienced any slippage, or have a need to replace them yet. I have about 30 rounds (10-15 rounds walking) in them & probably 25 practice sessions or so. I did have one issue where the whole spike broke off, but (luckily) I was able to get the remainder out of the shoe without killing the shoe thread.

Prior to this testing, I never really thought about the spike in my shoe, or even thought about replacing my spikes unless they were REALLY worn down. Do yourself a favor, pick up a set of Zarmas next time you need to swap spikes.

I'm still using the champ spikes from testing and they are going strong, worn a little but strong, I haven't seen any slippage issues yet, but wether I'm playing on the course or practicing on the range, the spikes have made a difference in my swing.

I have learned that lower body stability is important for my swing and the spike I use have made a huge difference. The way I checked this out was to practice one day without my golf shoes and the next day with them, I noticed immediately that without I was slipping easily (especially on mats) and that my swing was all over the place. Not so with my golf shoes that had the champ stingers. They are worth looking at!

Wanted to bump this as I found a broken "finger" on my Zarmas as I got my shoes out of winter hibernation and ready for play this weekend. Luckily, I have an extra spike and will swap it out now. The rest of the spikes still look great.

871CECF6-5BCF-4EE5-9574-CF932C697BAA-420-0000004000C4C3F7_zps9e929f2c.jpg

Wow, yours are holding up well. I'm pretty impressed with these, to say the least. Mine are still holding up, but not looking quite that nice.

Mine are pretty much worn out, I lost count of how many rounds but I would guess something in the 50 rounds were put on them. I plan to use Zarmas as the replacement for the worn out ones.

Wanted to bump this as I found a broken "finger" on my Zarmas as I got my shoes out of winter hibernation and ready for play this weekend. Luckily, I have an extra spike and will swap it out now. The rest of the spikes still look great.

871CECF6-5BCF-4EE5-9574-CF932C697BAA-420-0000004000C4C3F7_zps9e929f2c.jpg
The rest of them seem to be holding up real well!

Snapped a quick pic of mine yesterday. Getting a bit round and time to change soon, these lasted through a ton of golf.

epy2ysug.jpg

The Zarmas do not work for me, after a couple rounds in them...a lot of fingers were ripped off. Those pick up just about everything I walk on as well, but more comfy than the Stingers. The stingers are still comfortable walking and last me a heck of a lot longer as well. Also don't have to worry about pounding my shoes every other hole. I've always been rough on spikes, but would have to give the nod to the stingers imo. Just put a fresh set in a few weeks ago.

Snapped a quick pic of mine yesterday. Getting a bit round and time to change soon, these lasted through a ton of golf.

epy2ysug.jpg
Glad to know the durability is good on these, exactly what you want and need in a cleat!

Wow, yours are holding up well. I'm pretty impressed with these, to say the least. Mine are still holding up, but not looking quite that nice.

Yes, they have held up great. As I talked about earlier int he thread, I am pretty easy on my cleats. I change in/out of my spikes at the course, I keep my feet inside the cart, and I rarely drag my feet much when I walk anyways.

Just bought another pack of these to put in my new 2012 Lunar Controls. Best spikes on the market IMO.

Just bought another pack of these to put in my new 2012 Lunar Controls. Best spikes on the market IMO.

I agree, both sets are quite good. I prefer the comfort of the Zarma's and they are almost as long lasting as the Stingers for me.

Just picked up a 54 pack of these spikes to replace the Stingers in my black pair of Lunar Controls & will have plenty to replace the spikes in the next pair of shoes I buy for the Morgan Cup.

Back