Chromax Distance - Forum Testing Review Thread

Found it! Tricky thing. It really pops though in the dormant grass. I can't wait to compare it to what they feel their ball is comparable to.

You know, I have a ProV1 or two in the shag bag. I should pull it out next time.

You know, I have a ProV1 or two in the shag bag. I should pull it out next time.

Their website says NXT Tour. I think that'd be closer? I have a ton of balls to compare it to. Guess I should do a little side by side.. by side by side by side by side by side by side by side testing haha

Their website says NXT Tour. I think that'd be closer? I have a ton of balls to compare it to. Guess I should do a little side by side.. by side by side by side by side by side by side by side testing haha

Duh. I'm pretty sure I should have known that!

I think comparisons are a good thing. People like to have a point of reference.

Great write up too Hawk! Sorry I didn't even mention it. Great pics as well!

Duh. I'm pretty sure I should have known that!

I think comparisons are a good thing. People like to have a point of reference.

Fair enough. I'll give a comparison between all I've got. Excel spreadsheet, engage!

Thanks, Timmah!

mward, you are speaking my language now buddy.

Dang Hawk....that was a review!!! Very Nice!

Looking forward to what everyone says about this testing.

I can't wait to get the balls in the mail.... Come on USPS.... I'm impatient.... I see these awesome pics which just make me want to get out there and test it out...

Hawk for you how soft was the cover? Where you able to get some good spin from your wedge shots?

The cover isn't soft at all. Spin was similar to any other surlyn ball I've played like the e6, Q-Star, etc. On pitch shots I was seeing enough spin to keep the ball under control, but no back spin or dead stops. On full swings I was able to keep the ball on the green fine due to trajectory. Even the 4 and 5 iron didn't roll out so much that I had to worry about going over.

I gotcha...Your reviews have been awesome so far... been taking notes as to this will be my first review of equipment.... Yours will be a tough review to follow...
I compress a ball pretty well..prolly the only good party of my game is my wedge game...

I curious to see how much more roll I may get with these verse compariable lines...

I gotcha...Your reviews have been awesome so far... been taking notes as to this will be my first review of equipment.... Yours will be a tough review to follow...
I compress a ball pretty well..prolly the only good party of my game is my wedge game...

I curious to see how much more roll I may get with these verse compariable lines...

Don't worry about anything like that. Everybody does things their own way and it will come together to make a thread full of great information. Just have fun with it and you'll do great.

I suspect you'll have to make some adjustments with your wedges, but I bet you'll get it down pretty quickly.

The wait be it only a day or so is killing me... I've played golf the past two day and all I can think about is how much more fun I would be having hitting those Super neon chromax golf balls rather than my plan ole dull white and yellow golf balls I have now....sigh I can only hope they are there when I get home today....
Any of the other tester got theirs yet lol

I look for mine to get here today or tomorrow, I am so ready to begin testing

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Same boat. I've got a tee time at 1:07, the mail usually comes by around 12:30. I'm hoping to do a tee box unboxing haha

Same boat. I've got a tee time at 1:07, the mail usually comes by around 12:30. I'm hoping to do a tee box unboxing haha
Curious to see what you think ward! Esp. on approach shots into the greens.

Will be able to see how they work in cloudy conditions today.

I hope you all do soon. They are a fun ball to knock around and I think we will all have a good time testing them.

Figures, the one day the mail isn't there before 1 :(

Figures, the one day the mail isn't there before 1 :(

haha, I feel your pain lol. I can't wait for my package to get here, so we can all begin testing these out!

ok, here we go. havn't recieved my balls yet, but i'm assuming i will today or tomorrow (and if i do get them before the weekend, i will be going to play a round with them). so, in the mean time, a little bit about me.
scoring wise, i'm usually right on the 80 boarder. sometimes a bit above, sometimes a bit below. usually around 28 putts.
swing speed with my driver- 110ish
driver distance- usually around 285, sometimes as much as 330
5 wood- around 220
4 hybo- around 210
5 hybo- around 200
5 iron- 190
6 iron- 180
and so on, in 10-ish yard gaps.

i've always had a pretty fast tempo swing, and even though i'm a good 6'2", and should grow at least another .5", i have a fairly flat swing. my swing is a bit awkard, and i need to work on my backswing, but i kind of take it back on the inside, and rase it up to compensate. i've always played a draw, and i love seeing spin on the green. i usually play either titleist or nike balls, but since it's winter and i don't want to waste good titleist balls to being plugged, i'll be playing NIKE PD Soft's while testing these for comparison, and assuming i don't lose all of the Chromax's, i'll try to compare them to various titleist's when it starts getting warmer. when i have the opportunity to, i almost always play colored balls, as they are much easier to see, so these will definitely be nice for me. with these balls, i will really be paying attention to softness, amount of spin (side spin and front/back spin from chips), and feel off of the putter, as that is a big part of my game.

i know i'm missing a few things, i just can't tell what i'm missing, so i'll probably be back to add more.
thanks for giving me this opportunity, THP, I will do my best. i also look forward to seeing what other testers think about these balls, and what kind of questions the rest of the forums have for us.

Wow, that green is pretty trippy looking. I think I like it...

Hawk, with the e6, do your approach shots usually roll out a lot? Less than what you're seeing here?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354825711.214528.jpg

Look what just arrived. Off to the putting green and a little chipping before everyone gets home.

Back