Cleaning and Caring For Your Equipment.

Jerry

Reaction score
Handicap
Whats the best way to clean your clubs after a round?

I've always just used some soapy water, clean, rinse and dry, then put them back in the bag.

I now have a nice set of clubs and want to do whats best.

That is the way I do it. You could polish them too if you wanted

I dont clean the club heads too often.
But I use Gripes on my grips after every couple of rounds.

Every Sunday, or after a muddy round, I bring mine in and soak them in the sink with some dish soap for a few minutes and then clean the heads with a soft bristle brush and then wipe them clean and dry with a rag and then give the grips a wipe down. I have been called OCD by my wife many times because of this ritual.

I feel like the dirt is proof of a job well done. I rarely clean between rounds. I may clean the face before a shot, but the mud and grass stains are earned battle scars

Last edited:
I give them a brief cleaning after a shot or before the next one (depending on pace of play) and yes use the dreaded headcovers to prevent bag chatter. Then maybe once a month or so a soap and water cleaning, grips and all.

If your worried about clean clibs soapy water and a toothbrush work but don't forger the grips. For them I tecomend Gripes from Lamkin.

I use soapy water and a soft brush, dry them and put them back in my bag. But I'm OCD about keeping my clubs clean. I clean them after every day of golfing.

I use the same as most THPers, warm soapy water and a toothbrush or even nail scrubber. Usually use soap and water on the grips but no scrub except for the lather on the hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot soapy water not above the hosel with a soft club cleaning brush for wedges and irons. For putter, hybo, FW, and driver I use Crystal glass cleaner. All with a microfiber towel to avoid and scratching swirls. Some would call me crazy, but I do this after every range session or round. Takes me about 20 mins or so, but I like keeping my clubs looking pristine.

Whats the best way to clean your clubs after a round?

I've always just used some soapy water, clean, rinse and dry, then put them back in the bag.

I now have a nice set of clubs and want to do whats best.

I have the same type of ball/club washer at home as at the course, and I fill it will Windex to clean balls and irons, and I just use a spray bottle with Windex for hybrids/woods/driver and grips and old tooth brushes. I clean everything as well after every round as soon as I get home. Keeps the clubs looking like new.

I clean mine after every round or range session. I never go to bed leaving dirty clubs in the bag. Some call it OCD , I call it pride of ownership. They are always stored inside between rounds, never left in the trunk of car...

I just buy new clubs when mine get dirty.

In all seriousness I never make an effort to actually clean my clubs. I use my brush on the face and the bottom and occasionally wipe the club down after a very muddy shot and that is about it.

Damp cloth on the heads, gripes on the grips every few rounds. My club heads are cleaned after every shot though so they don't get very dirty. I walk a lot so always time to clean between shots.

Soapy water for the heads and simple green for the grips. Best thing for NDMC grips.

I clean mine after every round or range session. I never go to bed leaving dirty clubs in the bag. Some call it OCD , I call it pride of ownership. They are always stored inside between rounds, never left in the trunk of car...

Same here. Clubs are always cleaned and never left in any vehicle. They have there place at home, warm and safe.

I forget where I read it but I use Windex to clean my clubs. I clean them before every round something fun I like to do at home that is Golf related.

I just clean them with a wet towel after each shot and then quickly wipe them dry. As much as I would like to say that I store them inside, they are usually in my car in case I get a chance to play on a whim.

I also just give them a wipe down with a wet towel after each shot.

I just clean them with a wet towel after each shot and then quickly wipe them dry. As much as I would like to say that I store them inside, they are usually in my car in case I get a chance to play on a whim.
+1 on all counts

dont clean my clubs often but some soapy water and a brush then dry them.

During round, I carry one of these in my pocket to wipe down club before/after shot. Find it more convenient to carry it than have to get to my bag if I want to clean my club.

http://www.amazon.com/Sinland-Micro...76553&sr=8-1&keywords=12x12+dish+towels+scour

Wash down clubs after round with soap, water and brush and dry them well before putting head covers on.

I tend to keep my clubs in the trunk of my car so I can get to them quickly if the chance to golf or hit the range comes up.

Every couple rounds I will clean heads with warm water and soft brush.

Dish soap, water, and a club brush for the club heads. I do it any time they are dirty since I can't have dirty clubs. Just OCD about it I guess. For the grips I just dish soap every now and then which keeps them like new.

Back