Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

588 CB's with KBS Tour would be perfection

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

588 CB's with KBS Tour would be perfection in theory, but they aren't shovel-ish enough for me.

FIFY chunkster.

FIFY chunkster.

Haha I probably would go Black if I were Cleveland. I stink dude so forgiveness rocks

Haha I probably would go Black if I were Cleveland. I stink dude so forgiveness rocks

How do you know? You haven't had "forgiveness" in your bag for a year now. The only way I'm not getting these is if they don't let me.

How do you know? You haven't had "forgiveness" in your bag for a year now. The only way I'm not getting these is if they don't let me.

i20's are forgiving. These irons surprised me with how forgiving they are

i20's are forgiving. These irons surprised me with how forgiving they are

How are i20's more forgiving than Razr X Forged irons? Both offer the user a full cavity. Much like these irons from Cleveland.

How are i20's more forgiving than Razr X Forged irons? Both offer the user a full cavity. Much like these irons from Cleveland.

IMO CB's don't all have the same level of forgiveness on the off center hits. The i20's are extremely forgiving on toe hits while the Pro Combos were not yet both were cavity backs.

IMO CB's don't all have the same level of forgiveness on the off center hits. The i20's are extremely forgiving on toe hits while the Pro Combos were not yet both were cavity backs.

ah, gotcha! See, I don't hit it on the toe. I reckon having the lie angles fit to me helps with that. I guess it rocks I'm a Cleveland Staffer b/c these are stunners.

ah, gotcha! See, I don't hit it on the toe. I reckon having the lie angles fit to me helps with that. I guess it rocks I'm a Cleveland Staffer b/c these are stunners.

I never use to but stupid swing change has me hitting the toe skanks. I used to always hit toward the heel which is not a problem with any iron.

I never use to but stupid swing change has me hitting the toe skanks. I used to always hit toward the heel which is not a problem with any iron.

wtc dude? You reckon you need an upright lie angle? Are you a standard lie guy?

wtc dude? You reckon you need an upright lie angle? Are you a standard lie guy?

2 flat. Its not a fitting issue. Its a trying to fix a chicken wing follow through. Coach has me a lot further from the ball to get extension but I just don't have it yet thus off the toe. When I do get the extension its amazing. Another month and I will have it

Still trying to decide between thee and the i20s. Sadly I'm not going to have the opportunity to try either before ordering.

Would it be a fair summary to say that the i-20s are generally a bit longer and more forgiving while the 588 CBs have a softer feel and a bit better appearance?

Any thoughts on which may be better suited to a digger?

Still trying to decide between thee and the i20s. Sadly I'm not going to have the opportunity to try either before ordering.

Would it be a fair summary to say that the i-20s are generally a bit longer and more forgiving while the 588 CBs have a softer feel and a bit better appearance?

Any thoughts on which may be better suited to a digger?

I really don't know the answers to those questions, PhuketBlue. I imagine TC will be able to help you out with that when he gets to swing the 588's down the road.

Sorry I peaced out of the conversation last night. The kid barfed and I had to hose him down and scrub carpet lol.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what the demo day is going to be like. There is a sign up sheet for fittings, so I'm going to put my name on the list. I hope that there are shaft options, but with these being somewhat rare right now, I'm not sure if that will happen.

Either way, I'm hoping to at least hit them and get lie angles sorted out a bit. Anything else will be a bonus. I do know I won't be ordering them with the S300's if that's an option. I like the performance I get out of the shaft, but I'm getting some wrist pain back that had been gone for a long time.

Hawk is right, I will have some excellent i20 vs. 588 feedback once I get these sticks.

Hawk, I really hope they have some way for you to test other shafts but I've never seen a Clevlenad fitting cart so I can't comment on whether or not they have that ability. I imagine they would, as almost everyone else has something like that. If they do have something like that I'm looking forward to your KBS and PX feedback.

Hawk is right, I will have some excellent i20 vs. 588 feedback once I get these sticks.

Hawk, I really hope they have some way for you to test other shafts but I've never seen a Clevlenad fitting cart so I can't comment on whether or not they have that ability. I imagine they would, as almost everyone else has something like that. If they do have something like that I'm looking forward to your KBS and PX feedback.

I will definitely be looking for both of them. They are really the two options I'm considering the most. I figure they'll have something like it as well and I thought that they normally had a launch monitor. I figure I'll take the camera and try to document it if at all possible.

I will definitely be looking for both of them. They are really the two options I'm considering the most. I figure they'll have something like it as well and I thought that they normally had a launch monitor. I figure I'll take the camera and try to document it if at all possible.

Yes, a camera is a must dude! Is this thing on Saturday morning?

I think it's 11 am to 4 pm on Saturday. I need to call up to the pro shop to get my name on the list today. Secretly hoping that the cold weather keeps people away so I can hog the rep lol.

Putting these in play today in NOLA with the contest winner. I have decided I am going to carve this place up and then get a bro hug from Yorkem. Im doing it 588 style to rep some Morgan Cup love.

Good choice!

Putting these in play today in NOLA with the contest winner. I have decided I am going to carve this place up and then get a bro hug from Yorkem. Im doing it 588 style to rep some Morgan Cup love.
Awesome JB. Really looking forward to hearing about your round!

I think the course record could be in jeopardy. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to your feedback. I know you haven't really been working on your game a lot lately so I can't wait to hear about how these perform for you today.

How do they play? that is the question.

There is quite a bit of feedback throughout this thread. I think they play extremely well.

Where do you keep coming from, Random Comment Guy?!?! :alien:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

yeah, these are pretty good irons based on my round today.

Back