Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

better than the mashie irons for you?

Not sure. TIme will tell I guess. Rumor has it that Yorkem would have approved of my round today, so you know it must have been okay.

Not sure. TIme will tell I guess. Rumor has it that Yorkem would have approved of my round today, so you know it must have been okay.

must have been an impressive day out there

I really hope these are your chunky destroyers at the MC. I want him to go down in flames with his shovels.

Nice score with the 588's, JB. Sounds like it was windy. Did they perform well with getting through or under the wind?

I really hope these are your chunky destroyers at the MC. I want him to go down in flames with his shovels.

I hope he goes Mashies, that way I will be the only one with non shovels in the bag. What a turn of events that'd be. Of course, I'd still lose haha

Nice score with the 588's, JB. Sounds like it was windy. Did they perform well with getting through or under the wind?

They did. I am kind of used to playing in big winds and dont think about it much other than clubbing appropriately. I will say that a few times when we were out a little ways, I was really wishing they were a little stronger lofted, but that is a personal preference.

I can understand that. For a while I almost changed my mind against bending them strong, but I'm sticking with it. The stronger lofts will fit the rest of my bag better and give me a few more yards.

Booked my fitting session at our demo day for 1pm tomorrow. The only negative right now is the high is supposed to be 50° and there's a 60% chance of rain. That won't stop me, but I do wonder if they'll postpone it or something. Hopefully not. It could cause some issues with photos, so fingers are crossed.

I'm honestly not sure how this is all going to work as I've never actually been to one of these before. I'm hoping there are shaft options for the 588 CB, but I figured I could always try some different shafts in the CG16 Tours if that's my only option. I'd still demo the CB, of course.

Have fun Hawk! Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Hawk, most demo days I've been to at a course, they do have fitting carts and stuff with each company. I just don't remember if Cleveland did or not. The ultimate goal is for these guys to sell product to country clubbers so they will be willing to spend some time with you if they think you're "buying". I wouldn't mention that you're going to be receiving these and you just want to use their time to confirm things.

I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't really sure how to approach it. If it actually goes down I may be one of the few people that show up b/c of the weather, so I might just have their undivided attention!

Hawk, most demo days I've been to at a course, they do have fitting carts and stuff with each company. I just don't remember if Cleveland did or not. The ultimate goal is for these guys to sell product to country clubbers so they will be willing to spend some time with you if they think you're "buying". I wouldn't mention that you're going to be receiving these and you just want to use their time to confirm things.

the one I was at a couple of weeks ago had a Cleveland Cart if I remember correctly. Most of the companies did, which was nice.

Hope you can snap some pictures comparing V2 with 588. In any case, have fun.

Hope you can snap some pictures comparing V2 with 588. In any case, have fun.

Thanks for the idea dhl. I will try to do that!

Have fun Hawk, can't wait to get your thoughts on them. If you can talk to the fitter about bending them strong that'd be nice too. I'm a little curious about going that route so any info would be helpful.

Have fun Hawk, can't wait to get your thoughts on them. If you can talk to the fitter about bending them strong that'd be nice too. I'm a little curious about going that route so any info would be helpful.

I reckon Hawk is bending his 2* stronger so I imagine he'll get some feedback.

I love that you are pondering these. Well, I'm just glad you hit them my man.

Yep, mine will be 2° strong, SW. I'll ask him for some thoughts on the matter.

I reckon Hawk is bending his 2* stronger so I imagine he'll get some feedback.

I love that you are pondering these. Well, I'm just glad you hit them my man.

No lie the first swing with them I was thinking "oh god this going to hurt when I toe it," that thought quickly left. I reckon I had lulled myself into thinking shovels were my savior when in reality my misses are just ugly misses and even shovels ain't correcting that. Still a toss up but these reward me more on well struck shots and let's be honest; being rewarded for doing right is better than getting away with doing it wrong.

These are so gorgeous. I still need to see these in person.

Back