Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

I don't mind the wear just aslong the groves stay deep.

Depends on how much you play practice but you should be able to get a couple years of effective use out of them. Unless you go super crazy on amount of balls hit. The pros are changing quite often. I heard Justin Rose changes his somewhere around every 4 weeks

Depends on how much you play practice but you should be able to get a couple years of effective use out of them. Unless you go super crazy on amount of balls hit. The pros are changing quite often. I heard Justin Rose changes his somewhere around every 4 weeks
I usually play 2-3 rounds a week so I should be good for awhile.

I usually play 2-3 rounds a week so I should be good for awhile.

Sounds that way. Reading this thread every time makes want them more and more. Oh well only a few more weeks unless I have to order them. Might have to wait to see what direction I go with irons. Wish the 545s PW was 45* vice 44*. I will probably just you 49* or50*/54*/58* then just Ben if I need to at a later date

New set just arrived at THP HQ. Will get some pics and feedback up tomorrow.

Sweet! Love me some JB wedge feedback, I know you're a short game practice animal.

these need to be on the list to replace my current set of 588's maybe the cb in a 50 to use as a full swing club

Sweet! Love me some JB wedge feedback, I know you're a short game practice animal.
Pretty excited about plating this week and putting these Into play. They intrigue me greatly.

New set just arrived at THP HQ. Will get some pics and feedback up tomorrow.
Nice man, can't wait to hear your thoughts!!! I imagine you'll like them just like we do.

0899ae0351ed1a872dc2f79d55786d8c.jpg

There is a new widowmaker in town.

I'm jealous. That is a setup of golf course destruction.

You're going to love em JB. Really glad I went 1-Dot with the lob wedge for my short game swing. Most would dig a trench to China, but it's a great match for me.

You're going to love em JB. Really glad I went 1-Dot with the lob wedge for my short game swing. Most would dig a trench to China, but it's a great match for me.

I normally preger the 50* in CB, since that is the only wedge I use for full swings, but went with these this time.

I did the opposite actually. Normally I'd do blade in that 52° slot, but figured I'd be more likely to take longer swings with it and went CB.

One day down the road I'd like to check out some of the higher lofts in the CB. Just for the knowledge. Now you're not really sacrificing the versatility there since you have all the same bounce/grind options.

I did the opposite actually. Normally I'd do blade in that 52° slot, but figured I'd be more likely to take longer swings with it and went CB.

One day down the road I'd like to check out some of the higher lofts in the CB. Just for the knowledge. Now you're not really sacrificing the versatility there since you have all the same bounce/grind options.

This is very true. It is one area that Cleveland really excelled with this launch.

Haha same here, I need to spend some time with the CB soon as I havent hit it much yet on the course.

I just picked up the 54.08 & 58.08 in the RTX 1.0 because of a great deal (105.00 total shipped) and all the excitement on these as well. Looking forward to these coming in as i have not played a Cleveland Wedge in about 6-7 years, and could set me up for the 2.0 next year.

Can't wait to hear what you think JB. If I go back to non-set wedges these are definitely high on my list. Satin finish looks so good.

Okay so I just got back from a quick impromptu range session as these were screaming at me. Hopped in the golf cart, headed for short game area. First thing I noticed is that the look is right for me. I was a huge fan of the recent (in terms of years) relaunch of the 588 line and before that a big fan of the CG15 line, but others I have struggled with in terms of what I am used to. I do not use my wedges for full shots too often, so for me, these are about versatility, balance and style. They cover the gamut for me in all three categories. I only hit about 30 balls with them, and played a variety of shots. There is one pin on our practice green that is a good 75 feet away from the rough area on one side. My goal is to get it close and play 4 different shots. Simple Bump and Run, High lofted pitch, chip with a one hope and stop and high lofted stop on a dime (flop).

The sole design really helps me be able to play all of these with little issue. Granted they are brand new, but I also find that they spin as well or better than every other wedge from 2014. This is in part for two reasons and is for me personally. The sole design and leading edge setup perfectly for the multitude of shots I throw at them, and the sole design works flawlessly for so many different impacts. Not too thin, definitely not too wide and the toe section being standard to my eye, rather than elongated and rounded like a few other wedges.

One thing I noted here was that the rough I was playing in was rather thick and a couple of times I hit the ball higher on the club face and saw absolutely no loss in spin to the naked eye. Something I did not see from the previous version and would be more to do with a balanced design rather than grooves. The grooves are aggressive and are as big and sharp as any out there. The move debris out of the way to create spin as well as anything on the market I have tried this year.

Overall look is fantastic and falls right in line with what I like and the weighting is as good as they have ever made. So far I like what I am seeing and will be playing later in the week to put them to the test.

I've always been a fan of Cleveland wedges, and these are just as nice as I have seen. Lot's of options on bounce and lie/angles. I'm probably going to be replacing my 56* wedge this winter, and I'm going to take a good look at these I think.

I went with the CB for all of my wedges, and I couldn't be happier with my decision - they're fantastic wedges, and I've been better around the green than I have in a long time. Currently playing 2 dots across the board, but I may add a 1 dot higher lofted wedge or replace the 52 with a low bounce option for versatility.

The amount of spin these things give on greenside shots from the rough is insane.

More balanced on shots high off the face? My ears just perked up, living int he wonderful world of bermuda it can be quite easy to catch wedges a little high.

Back