Cleveland Frontline Putters

There's still a launch angle and spin even to a putt. Ask the engineers. ;)

I didn't say there wasn't. I am just saying that they are very different from a driver. How you accomplish them are different, the desired launch and spin are different.

Regardless of the detour, I do encourage everyone to take a peek at this before tomorrow’s releases, there is a lot that will take you aback imo. It’s also however a bit of validation to the design tech here.

Again, have you read the review or watched the video review at all?
Yes, yes, son. The head is balanced this time. Got it. :rolleyes:

Regardless of the detour, I do encourage everyone to take a peek at this before tomorrow’s releases, there is a lot that will take you aback imo. It’s also however a bit of validation to the design tech here.
It will take me FORWARD. ;)
Did ya read the review?

Yes, yes, son. The head is balanced this time. Got it. :rolleyes:
1) Don’t call me son. There’s no need for being petulant when most here are trying to have a conversation.

2) There is much more in each of those tech and design wise that that, much.

Okay guys, let's remember our golden rule here.
Don't be a dick. Thats one of only a handful of rules and it is the most important one.

On that note, if every thread someone goes into turns into a **** show, they won't last long on this website and forum.

1) Don’t call me son. There’s no need for being petulant when most here are trying to have a conversation.

2) There is much more in each of those tech and design wise that that, much.
It's all I get if I state anything that isn't glaring praise. Pretty used to it already.
I'll just avoid these threads, as no real discussion seems to take place. Deal? Not a problem.

It's all I get if I state anything that isn't glaring praise. Pretty used to it already.
I'll just avoid these threads, as no real discussion seems to take place. Deal? Not a problem.

Just stop it already. There is no reason to come to a forum, puffing out a chest and then immediately play the martyr card, anytime someone disagrees and wants to share more information.

Good conversation across the board is what has led to this community being so special. But the entire notion that someone has to like everything is completely absurd.

This will be the last time it is mentioned and then we will kindly ask that you sit it out for a period of time. It seems childish and trivial, but in the online world, who knows anymore.

Back to this putter, the consistent thing that tells most all they need to know is all that have tried the Frontlines, particularly the Elevado, and have put up their feedback it has been consistently positive, and that’s everywhere not just here.

It’s easily the most underrated putter design for me personally when it comes to an OEM release, it’s also one that real being real I should probably roll forever, but I am naturally a tinkerer.

What comes on Monday should make things even more interesting when it comes to true conversation on the forward center of gravity concept in putters. I’m excited for it.

Criticism is welcome. Look around, there is plenty of it here toward equipment gear etc..

Your thought on the looks being a little rough for a $200 putter is not too far off. I think it was intentional, but still true.

D1D5C1F9-4C30-4A72-9257-8D86DA3D46CC.jpeg

Out 7’s the 7, right @ddec ? ;)

I didn't care for their TFi putters in general, either. Much the same in the looks department. Maybe nicer.
I think those were $169 when they came out. If they held the price point, I woulda been a little easier. ;)
Inserts are usually pretty subjective, feel-wise. A lot of it comes down to that.

Why hold back? Tell companies what you'd like to see. Forums are around for this reason. They watch.
I used to give Cleveland plenty of feedback on their products. They appreciated it.

The two areas on the "Fangs" with the indentations:
Surprised the material didn't go there to simultaneously raise the CG and place it more forward while still maintaining the MOI with it somewhat back and spread out.

I didn't care for their TFi putters in general, either. Much the same in the looks department. Maybe nicer.
I think those were $169 when they came out. If they held the price point, I woulda been a little easier. ;)
Inserts are usually pretty subjective, feel-wise. A lot of it comes down to that.

Why hold back? Tell companies what you'd like to see. Forums are around for this reason. They watch.
I used to give Cleveland plenty of feedback on their products. They appreciated it.

Surprised the material didn't go there to simultaneously raise the CG and place it more forward while still maintaining the MOI with it somewhat back and spread out.
That wouldn’t have changed MOI much being where tungsten is used.

The weight placed forward had to come from the rear portion of the putter, both on top and underneath the fangs. If those were filled then the head weight would be too cumbersome And require less weight forward, thus decreasing the intended effect of the CG move with the forward weight.

What is lost here is, as I mentioned in the reviews, this is not a strictly forward CG design, this is taking an higher MOI shape which the Elevado definitely is, and sacrificing some of that with the forward weighting giving a balance of the positive effects in balance of forward CG while still keeping plenty of the effects of high MOI. It’s a blend.

Feedback and conversation has always been welcomed here and always will be, it’s what we are built on and why THP is not only still here, but also growing. The key is remembering conversation can and should be tactful, and go both ways. (y)

Obviously, looks are personal. I don’t like black putters and prefer the look of the Huntington Beach 11. I think the black is one reason I didn’t fall in love with the Triple Track putters, so it isn’t limited to this putter.

That said, neither the Elevado or TT putters look bad and I would game them. They just don’t have an appeal to my eye that made me want to run out and try one. Example, the first time I saw the Cobra forged tec I wanted to run out and try those.

in case someone isn’t familiar with the Huntington Beach I was referencing
14E3ED42-49FE-4BD3-8661-35A71D48B1DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Obviously, looks are personal. I don’t like black putters and prefer the look of the Huntington Beach 11. I think the black is one reason I didn’t fall in love with the Triple Track putters, so it isn’t limited to this putter.

That said, neither the Elevado or TT putters look bad and I would game them. They just don’t have an appeal to my eye that made me want to run out and try one. Example, the first time I saw the Cobra forged tec I wanted to run out and try those.
The satin on the 11 is super nice for sure.

I'm not talking about making it into a 500g head with more tungsten.....
Tungsten generally feels worse than lead. I would not recommend that. :p

I can see a more forward CG being OK for the pros on slick greens with the 3 degrees of loft.

Putting CG further back just seems like it would be much more conducive to green conditions the average golfer sees.
Pretty much standard thoughts on putters going back quite a while now.

I'll watch this putter design and see if it makes any traction.
Is the SLDR driver still around or others with the forward CG? Didn't seem to last all that long there, either. (y)

I can promise, it’s not what you think.

And its not Cleveland 👀

Every now and then I wander into a thread because, well, I'm a curious type. Very happy I peaked in here. Now I'm even more excited for tomorrow.

I have rolled a bunch of putters lately (putter quest mode), and the Frontline Elevado honestly surprised me. The industrial look is a little hard to take but the feel and performance were very nice. Outside of wedges, I don't see Cleveland equipment very often in our local shops or on the course. Srixon is even more rare, and XXIO is non-existent. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm not talking about making it into a 500g head with more tungsten.....
Tungsten generally feels worse than lead. I would not recommend that. :p

I can see a more forward CG being OK for the pros on slick greens with the 3 degrees of loft.

Putting CG further back just seems like it would be much more conducive to green conditions the average golfer sees.
Pretty much standard thoughts on putters going back quite a while now.

I'll watch this putter design and see if it makes any traction.
Is the SLDR driver still around or others with the forward CG? Didn't seem to last all that long there, either. (y)
Pay attention to tomorrow then.

And yes, there are still drivers with the CG moved forward, Callaway has actually done it with the MAVRIK thanks to what their face tech has allowed. Forward CG has not gone away, nor will it, though it’s not as extreme as the SLDR was, through the advent of carbon fiber being used much more widespread in heads (which wasnt used with the SLDR) it has allowed forgiveness to be saved by discretionary weight savings while still keeping the base CG more low and forward in some models.

Pay attention to tomorrow then.

And yes, there are still drivers with the CG moved forward, Callaway has actually done it with the MAVRIK thanks to what their face tech has allowed. Forward CG has not gone away, nor will it, though it’s not as extreme as the SLDR was, through the advent of carbon fiber being used much more widespread in heads (which wasnt used with the SLDR) it has allowed forgiveness to be saved by discretionary weight savings while still keeping the base CG more low and forward in some models.

Forward CG will be featured very soon in a driver. For a high handicap none the less.. ..:eek::eek:

Carbon fiber and face milling are not new.
Mavrik doesn't surprise me. The search for the perfect shaft that I keep seeing sounded suspiciously like SLDR all over again.

Its tougher to hit forward CG's consistently. Given Cleveland has positioned for more the mid-high cappers, that CG positioning is interesting for that segment of golfers, even in a putter. And the price is creeping way up for what I thought they were going after with the brand.

A driver with that setup sounds like a spin killer like SLDR was, but hard to hit for many.
SLDR didn't utilize carbon, so that more mass was higher up, intentionally.

Sometimes new is not necessarily better. Its just different than what is on the market at the time. Lots of recycled idea with tweaks.

Back