Cleveland Frontline Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the 7 shape. I am torn on this one, I like the tech story and I would like to roll this for myself but I do not like the blatant copy of another OEM. They are not the first so I am sure they are okay with the copyright lawyers but it still bothers me a bit.

James has been vocal about his positive thoughts on the Elevado before. I agree with him, tbh. Every now and then put mine (the original 2135 Elevado) in play still, as its such a well done rendition.

The cut-outs work visually imho. The idea of moving weight further front makes sense. One thing is making the face shallower. Not sure if I have to worry about pop-up protectors on putters but can certainly imagine myself catching one “a little low on the face.”

One the video and not the product - this is a homerun guys. James was to the point but thorough. Also him being unafraid to give opinions throughout was a welcome change from just going over the tech.

the pop-ups also are reminder that THP is a little bit more about fun (except the part about sucking so bad that I should give up golf- that hit home guys).

badolds;n8897591 said:
I am a big fan of the 7 shape. I am torn on this one, I like the tech story and I would like to roll this for myself but I do not like the blatant copy of another OEM. They are not the first so I am sure they are okay with the copyright lawyers but it still bothers me a bit.

Better. Than. The. Seven.

Yep, I said it.

ddec Actually, as I told Dean, I think it out 7’s a 7.

aljaklaw;n8897615 said:
that face looks like old Odyssey

Which one? Talking flip face? Surface area for strikes wise it’s similar. Much more shallow though and they didn’t utilize tungsten in the face like this.

obedt;n8897602 said:
James has been vocal about his positive thoughts on the Elevado before. I agree with him, tbh. Every now and then put mine (the original 2135 Elevado) in play still, as its such a well done rendition.

The cut-outs work visually imho. The idea of moving weight further front makes sense. One thing is making the face shallower. Not sure if I have to worry about pop-up protectors on putters but can certainly imagine myself catching one “a little low on the face.”

No need to worry on the face depth, believe me, no PUP’s needed!

obedt;n8897605 said:
One the video and not the product - this is a homerun guys. James was to the point but thorough. Also him being unafraid to give opinions throughout was a welcome change from just going over the tech.

the pop-ups also are reminder that THP is a little bit more about fun (except the part about sucking so bad that I should give up golf- that hit home guys).

Really appreciate the comments! The video is something I know everyone will be seeing more in most of my articles, not all, but I believe on certain reviews it supplements the article AND stands alone well and that’s the goal!

I like how they have changed the alignment aid. I thought the alignment aid on the TFI 2135 series was a bit clunky. Looks wise, I'm not a fan, but it should be interesting! Great video.

So is it weighted like a blade, with wings?

baylrballa;n8897633 said:
So is it weighted like a blade, with wings?

It’s a mallet weighted like a mallet. 370g

Brands have been "copying" the Anser design for decades, so I'm not too bothered by similarities in these new models. It's a putter. Not much more you can do with the design.

Seems like a very solid flatstick from watching the video and reading the review. A lot of tech packed into the putter while still maintaining a very consumer-friendly price point.

Really a nice review Jman Got some passion in it. Kinda like "Guy's you have to try this, this is different"
obedt was correct in saying the video production was top notch.
Nice work!

Great review. They keep making great products better IMO.

Really enjoyed the video aspect to go along with the actual review. The technology is intriguing and I actually really like the shape of the elevado based on what I'm seeing in that video. The price point is fantastic too.

Are more people a straight back stroke type (face balanced single bend) or toe hang (slant neck)? Notice the LH version is single bend only. I'm in the market for a mallet, like to give this a try after reading this review. Sounds like a winner.

I agree with James that the Elevado shape is one of the best mallet styles out there. It's been my favorite for a long time. Might have to take a look at this one for the bag next year.

Definitely going to give one of these a roll. The Cero slant neck is really speaking to me but the 4.0 looks really good too.

Appreciate you guys taking the time to read, and watch, this one.

Pumped you are liking the format, we really do have some big things planned with the integration of things like this as we go.

Also, THIS putter knocked out a putter that is more than 5 times its price point for my bag. So, when I talk bold, I mean it. The Elevado Frontline is my gamer now and has been since about my halfway point of this review.

nice article here. you can definitely tell that the product impressed you.

i loved the original 2135 1.0. excellent feel, and i putted pretty well with it until mr. yip tracked me down and made residence in my right hand.

i tried the elevado quite a bit at stores wanting to love it, but i really struggled with the weighting. something about it made me feel like i had to fight to keep it on plane.

Cleveland continues to impress with their product releases. The Front Line sure looks really nice.

I have the TFI 2135 Satin Cero Putter and love it. I still use it because it continues to perform so well for me. So far I have yet to use any other putter that consistently gives me the distance control I have with TFI Satin Cero. I have to check out the FrontLine putters. [h=1][/h]

McLovin;n8897740 said:
nice article here. you can definitely tell that the product impressed you.

i loved the original 2135 1.0. excellent feel, and i putted pretty well with it until mr. yip tracked me down and made residence in my right hand.

i tried the elevado quite a bit at stores wanting to love it, but i really struggled with the weighting. something about it made me feel like i had to fight to keep it on plane.

One of the intriguing things about this new Frontline lineup is that the weighting is quite different than previous releases.

Man, and I JUST bought my HB Soft putter!

Back