Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

Boom! I really hope everyone takes the time to read the details on these before just commenting they look like other high toe wedges.

These are a hoot, and easily the leaders to stay in my bag at that 60 spot this season.

It’s good to see this design move into the more GI space. When I’ve played the higher toe/eye2 style wedges, they feel like cheating out of the trap but aren’t always the easiest to use for less than touch shots. Having a bit of a cavity there has to help a bit.

Consider me intrigued.

It’s good to see this design move into the more GI space. When I’ve played the higher toe/eye2 style wedges, they feel like cheating out of the trap but aren’t always the easiest to use for less than touch shots. Having a bit of a cavity there has to help a bit.

Consider me intrigued.
They’re a riot. Seriously.

I’ve said I’m happy with my wedge setup and I really actually am. Buuuuutt DAMN that 60° looks like a TON of fun to play with.

I’ve said I’m happy with my wedge setup and I really actually am. Buuuuutt DAMN that 60° looks like a TON of fun to play with.

So so so so so good.

I’ve been messing with these for about 2 months and having to keep my mouth shut, hahaha

This wedge looks really good!! Going this direction for the higher lofted wedges was a great idea from Cleveland. Especially with their grooves!! Oh yeah, this will be tested soon!

Ok, big time yes to these. Awesome release by Cleveland. Good write up and review James.

q- how do these compare in spin to bladed hi-toe designs?

Beautiful so easy to play like cbx/cbx2 but full face great combination Cleveland is so far ahead of everyone cones to wedges and recreational golfer needs. But I’ve never used a full face always afraid I’m a bump and run guy but I can try a full face now thanks Cleveland

Ok, big time yes to these. Awesome release by Cleveland. Good write up and review James.

q- how do these compare in spin to bladed hi-toe designs?
Same as my previous Hi Toe and PM’s. That’s why no data here, all the wedges spinnnnnnn, and these for sure do!

Beautiful so easy to play like cbx/cbx2 but full face great combination Cleveland is so far ahead of everyone cones to wedges and recreational golfer needs. But I’ve never used a full face always afraid I’m a bump and run guy but I can try a full face now thanks Cleveland
The little toe down runner was used a lot by me with the 60. The 64...well it’s still a 64 haha.

Same as my previous Hi Toe and PM’s. That’s why no data here, all the wedges spinnnnnnn, and these for sure do!

Thanks James! Since these are a little different construction wanted to read that bit of validation. I think this is a brilliant release.

Great review! This looks like a no brainer. It still boggles my mind that the other oems haven’t tried to do something similar to what Cleveland has done with the CBX line, but more power to Cleveland. This line sounds like an absolute blast .

Great review! This looks like a no brainer. It still boggles my mind that the other oems haven’t tried to do something similar to what Cleveland has done with the CBX line, but more power to Cleveland. This line sounds like an absolute blast .
It’s picking a fight with “tradition”, and I’m not sure many are willing to do that in wedges since everyone still just believes bladed is better there.

I feel like going this route just makes a ton of sense.

Adding Hi Toe into a more forgiving wedge. I cannot see how this makes anything other than perfect sense, and I am sure will work really, really well as evidenced by some of Jman’s initial thoughts

My 5i just became a little dispensable as I could see replacing in my bag for FF 60*

Thanks for another incredible reveiw James. These look really, really, really good. I was not visually attracted to the other full face wedges that I had seen in person or in pictures but these appear to look much better to me.

Nice write-up, thanks. I was planning on getting a CBX2 to replace my aging 50*, and RTX4 for the 56* and 60*. This may have me looking differently in those higher lofts.

Nice write-up, thanks. I was planning on getting a CBX2 to replace my aging 50*, and RTX4 for the 56* and 60*. This may have me looking differently in those higher lofts.
For now I’m def planning on rocking my CBX2 in the 48/54 and then the full face at 60.

I really hope people don’t skim or sleep on these.

For now I’m def planning on rocking my CBX2 in the 48/54 and then the full face at 60.

I really hope people don’t skim or sleep on these.
Yeah, this has me thinking CBX2 in the 50* and 56*, and CBX Full Face in the 60*. I like a low-bounce wedge in the 60* spot, and it sounds like they've done that here.

By the way, do you have experience with the stock graphite shafts Cleveland uses on the CBX wedges? I heard they are UST shafts, and I love the Recoil 95s I put in my current wedges, but am wondering how the stock graphite shafts would compare to my Recoils.

Nice homepage review @Jman
Really liking the darker gunmetal finish. Wish that this finish was offered in the CBX2 and Smart Sole 4.0 lines.

This one is a ponder. I've played the 60* PM since 2016 and lately the TaylorMade Hi Toe and even BigFoot have caught my attention. These look very versatile. Some nice help while still offering the ability to open the face for a large range of shots. I might just grab one of these in a 60*. ?

Nice review. I noticed the dexterity said RH... are there plans to release these as LH also or am I just out of luck?

@Jman reviews are on point!! I am glad to see this release from Cleveland. I kind wish now that I had waited before getting new wedges as these would have been in the running to go into my bag. I still want to try them out. The CBX line was already solid and now the full face grooves will make these a lot of fun to play with I am sure.

Great write up. Love the looks and what a smart release by Cleveland. Will have to check these bad boys out for sure.

Back