Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

Wow. They look pretty nice! And they're fairly workable?

Wow. They look pretty nice! And they're fairly workable?

Lower spin options with deep CG are always going to be less workable, but we were able to move them right and left when necessary.

Lower spin options with deep CG are always going to be less workable, but we were able to move them right and left when necessary.

Good to know. And how would you compare them to the current Srixon 565? Or would they be more comparable to the 355?

Good to know. And how would you compare them to the current Srixon 565? Or would they be more comparable to the 355?

Neither honestly. Fwiw the 355 and 565 are nearly identical in size and styling. Manufacturing differences and a small bit of offset make up the differences.

These are going to be larger and if you watch Dean in the video he discusses the progressive nature.

Neither honestly. Fwiw the 355 and 565 are nearly identical in size and styling. Manufacturing differences and a small bit of offset make up the differences.

These are going to be larger and if you watch Dean in the video he discusses the progressive nature.

Right on. I'll catch those when I get home. Thanks.

Hah... I'm in the wrong thread. The question was meant for the CBX. :D

I know it should come as no surprise, but the PW was so damn easy to hit with this. Several times on the course I had that good PW number and just let this club do it's thing. We played on a course where we did not see a ton of balls hitting and stopping, but both JB and I saw that happen with the PW. The height really does help make this ball land soft, even if the spin is a touch lower.

I know it should come as no surprise, but the PW was so damn easy to hit with this. Several times on the course I had that good PW number and just let this club do it's thing. We played on a course where we did not see a ton of balls hitting and stopping, but both JB and I saw that happen with the PW. The height really does help make this ball land soft, even if the spin is a touch lower.

Couple of comments this far on the lowish spin. Do these spin less than the Altitudes?

Couple of comments this far on the lowish spin. Do these spin less than the Altitudes?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. While I hit the altitudes a bit back in the day, I never did so on a monitor. Not sure if they would be drastically different, but I'm not the best to compare.

Anyone know when demos will be available to hit ?

Man...these and the F7-Max One will be the first things I want to try when I'm golf ready again.

Has anyone hit the five iron yet? I've played a five iron and a five hybrid this looks like be right in the middle and be perfect.

I would be very interested in getting a hold of a 4, 5, and 6 iron and putting them against my hybrids I play.

Dean talking to the creators

04d3b4dd65ca297c0d9101218e749646.jpg

Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

I have a set of Altitudes and loved them, but these will not kick out the CF 16s. No way! Just too many positives out of these irons, plus they hit the ball as high if not higher.

I have a set of Altitudes and loved them, but these will not kick out the CF 16s. No way! Just too many positives out of these irons, plus they hit the ball as high if not higher.

Your call but impossible to say that without trying. What if they launch just as high (if not higher) with more forgiveness?

I hit my CF 16 6 iron 12-15 yards further with more height and spin. My M2 3 hybrid has the same results too. The new technology of the Launchers might help, but the CF 16s are pretty sweet. I'm pretty happy with this set until someone posted pictures of the all black models being re-released!

I got to see these today in person. They look really good, and TonyB hit them really well. I like em... and I think alot of people will really benefit from hitting the Launcher HB's.

I think I am going to put the full set in the bag on Monday or Tuesday for a round.

I got to see these today in person. They look really good, and TonyB hit them really well. I like em... and I think alot of people will really benefit from hitting the Launcher HB's.

Yeah I hit Tony's 9 iron on the range and all it did was go high and far. It should be on a lot of folks radars.

I think I am going to put the full set in the bag on Monday or Tuesday for a round.
I was impressed. Not really the type of irons I would normally pay attention to. But hard to ignore the results. Ball flight was impressive.

Yeah I hit Tony's 9 iron on the range and all it did was go high and far. It should be on a lot of folks radars.
I kinda dug the graphite shafts too. Nice smooth swing resulted in long high bombs. :D

I was impressed. Not really the type of irons I would normally pay attention to. But hard to ignore the results. Ball flight was impressive.

Sometimes it is just hard to ignore...haha
For someone like me, they just seem right.

These remind me of the HiBore XLi's that were my first set when I stated a few years back.

I hate Tapatalk

Sometimes it is just hard to ignore...haha
For someone like me, they just seem right.

I started hitting them really well yesterday. I am pretty sure the Steelheads will be sitting in the garage from now on.

Back