Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

Did you guys notice that the lower lofted irons were just as easy to play as the higher lofted variants?

I hit the 4 iron a lot on the range and course, and I am not a 4 iron player. But I had no issue with hitting this. I personally did not see any crazy height with it, but did hit a lot of really good shots. Setting up with it alleviated some of the anxiety I get with a traditional 4. The forgiveness in that club was crazy good.

These look interesting.

They remind me a lot of my old Browning 440 Plus irons from the early 80's. They too were a hollow body design club with tons of forgiveness.

Golf made easy! Love the approach they are taking with the Cleveland lineup and will serve many golfers needs across the board. Could really see this helping many different golfers and many different areas. Well done. Great video as always Dean!

These look amazing,great tech. Can't wait to get these a good test at Pelican Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the looks of these, but I'm one of those weirdos who didn't get along with the Altitudes so I'd lean towards the other new line. However I'm sure these clubs will make golfing a lot more fun for a bunch of people.

I love the looks of these, but I'm one of those weirdos who didn't get along with the Altitudes so I'd lean towards the other new line. However I'm sure these clubs will make golfing a lot more fun for a bunch of people.
I thought it was just me.

Seeing anything performance wise that really differentiates them from the Altitudes?

They are actually quite a bit different. They sound better to both ddec and I. Same style in that it's low CG and larger, but due to weighting it's even deeper now. Which allowed them to thin the face a bit.

Did you guys notice that the lower lofted irons were just as easy to play as the higher lofted variants?

As easy? No. Longer shafts play a role here. One of the easiest to hit long irons however.

Did I miss it or are the these face forged like the Altitudes? Whole lineup looks great!

Good question, cause the Tudes could be bended a degree or two

They are actually quite a bit different. They sound better to both ddec and I. Same style in that it's low CG and larger, but due to weighting it's even deeper now. Which allowed them to thin the face a bit.

As easy? No. Longer shafts play a role here. One of the easiest to hit long irons however.

Thanks, anything different related to turf interaction or forgiveness (good or bad)?

Very very happy to see Cleveland do a follow up to the Altitudes. Such great clubs.

Really looking forward to reading much much more on these. I still have my Altitudes, and would love to see the new version be as popular!

Personally I am not someone that would game these but I can so see the value in a set of clubs like this. The wide sole makes them high launchers. Helps those with slower swing speeds to impart distance and softness on their shots. I could see these clubs taking a true mid handicap close to single digits. The ease of execution and forgiveness would so improve one's game with a repeatable swing.

. I could see these clubs taking a true mid handicap close to single digits. The ease of execution and forgiveness would so improve one's game with a repeatable swing.

I can relate... never really gave the Altitudes much thought, but a buddy of mine had been playing them for a season or two and really talked highly about them.
I was on a revolving door with irons and my handicap was spiraling out of control.. at the time I was playing 18-20 handicap golf.
Tried the 6i demo at the range and was hooked. Bought a set to the Altitudes and now sitting at a 9.1 cap, which is by far my best ever.
I play the 6-9, PW, DW and SW.
If they made a LW I would game it to.
The wedges for me might be the MVP's of the set, especially the SW. I use it for 85-90 full shots and choke down to cover yardages below that. Seems automatic.

I am at a 26 HC now, I hit irons pretty well but would game these in a heart beat if they help me to get my cap lower. We will see what the experts at Cleveland think on Thursday.

Any word on what the stock shafts are?

Meh. I know a lot liked them, but they are not for me. I have a feeling they will get a lot of love from those that liked the altitudes though.

~Rock

I can relate... never really gave the Altitudes much thought, but a buddy of mine had been playing them for a season or two and really talked highly about them.
I was on a revolving door with irons and my handicap was spiraling out of control.. at the time I was playing 18-20 handicap golf.
Tried the 6i demo at the range and was hooked. Bought a set to the Altitudes and now sitting at a 9.1 cap, which is by far my best ever.
I play the 6-9, PW, DW and SW.
If they made a LW I would game it to.
The wedges for me might be the MVP's of the set, especially the SW. I use it for 85-90 full shots and choke down to cover yardages below that. Seems automatic.

I've watched the transformation in your game. It's the same guy in there, but the approach shots are just so much better.

I can say that all of my personal bests, and every time I've broken through a scoring barrier has been when playing a HiBore set. I'm not a great golfer by any means, but they definitely work.

I would also agree with the statements about the wedges. I think the PW-SW are highly underrated. Maybe it's just because I'm not good, but they're so much more forgiving than a regular "blade" styled wedge, yet are way more versatile than something like a Smart Sole. Tight lies? Thick rough? Delicate chips? Pop and stop? No problems. They remind me of the old Ping set wedges that people still play that have huge faces, but smaller soles.

Cleveland was smart to "cut off" the HBs at 21 degrees of loft given the target market. That was the highest playable one for me in the last couple of sets. I just couldn't do anything with ones lofted lower. Traditional hybrids (for this regular golfer) were better. I just wish they'd have replaced it with a 58-60 degree lob wedge.

Can anyone comment on the black cavity paint fill? Similar like the Altitude cavity paint that holds up well without needing covers ?

Bump on this question. The Altitudes are tanks, whereas the older HB3s, XLis, Hibores, etc. really chipped up badly in the cavity. On the older clubs, head covers were required if you cared about aesthetics. I've played the Altitudes for years with no covers and their cavities still have no chipping.

Could the Altitudes be ordered as single irons? I'd be interested in something in the 23-24 loft range in graphite

Thanks, anything different related to turf interaction or forgiveness (good or bad)?

Forgiveness has shined again. Love what I am seeing so far and can still flight it left and right when I want to.

Forgiveness has shined again. Love what I am seeing so far and can still flight it left and right when I want to.

Damn....wish preorder wasn't 3 weeks out. I would pull trigger today. LOL

Damn....wish preorder wasn't 3 weeks out. I would pull trigger today. LOL

Pretty cool that thpers will get a full bag of clubs at the THP event this week. All 14 clubs of their choice.

JB, can you comment on the cavity finish ? Same as the Altitudes? Holding up well ? You mentioned playing them now for a month or so.

Pretty cool that thpers will get a full bag of clubs at the THP event this week. All 14 clubs of their choice.

Oh I'm fully aware.....and insanely jealous. Pretty effin special!

Back