Cleveland Launcher UHX Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New irons from Cleveland called Launcher UHX and we have the full details on the home page here.

Wow, they really upped the game on the UHX. Verrrrrry nice looking and the tech makes a ton of sense.

Solid looking set for sure. I like the price point as well, especially for a tech packed GI set.

Love it.

Also love how links show up on this new forum!

Cool looking irons. Nice tech behind them

UHX irons for me please!

Wow, these look to be an ideal set for someone like me. Need that increased ball speed and forgiveness in the longer irons. And the vsole in the short irons with a more traditional construction should be a win.

What could we compare the physical profile to? Sole width, heel to toe blade length, etc? I may be in the minority, but hope it’s not too small a profile.

Nice write up @JB
It would be really cool to see a comparison on the launch monitor between these and the Tour Edge HL4's. I can't imagine there is anything on the market that will get the ball in the air as easily as these 2 sets of irons.

• Admin
Wow, these look to be an ideal set for someone like me. Need that increased ball speed and forgiveness in the longer irons. And the vsole in the short irons with a more traditional construction should be a win.

What could we compare the physical profile to? Sole width, heel to toe blade length, etc? I may be in the minority, but hope it’s not too small a profile.

I would say the 585 is a decent size comparison. Maybe slightly larger. Before I hit the 7 iron, I took a picture of it next to the current Callaway Apex. Here it is side by side.

IMG_4126.JPG

Nice write up @JB
It would be really cool to see a comparison on the launch monitor between these and the Tour Edge HL4's. I can't imagine there is anything on the market that will get the ball in the air as easily as these 2 sets of irons.

I would compare the HL4 closer to the Launcher HB Turbo. Both sets are featured in the same article, but are different threads.

Thanks @JB . That’s closer to the profile iron I feel most comfortable with. It’s a good move putting so much tech in a ‘GI’ set, vs going against the P790s, Apex, T200 more players’ distance set, imo. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Thanks @JB . That’s closer to the profile iron I feel most comfortable with. It’s a good move putting so much tech in a ‘GI’ set, vs going against the P790s, Apex, T200 more players’ distance set, imo. Ticks a lot of boxes.
I think it’s a really smart move and I love the set makeup. Add in vsole and this is something special. If I weren’t going to Cali in a couple months I’d be all over this.

These look really nice and the price point is quite good.

I never played the Altitudes, but many raved about them even if the looks weren't great. These seem to have evolved the hollow body iron with some amazing technology and have a better look to them. For those golfers needing forgiveness and help these fit the bill.

I never played the Altitudes, but many raved about them even if the looks weren't great. These seem to have evolved the hollow body iron with some amazing technology and have a better look to them. For those golfers needing forgiveness and help these fit the bill.

The UHX is the second set in that article. Its definitely more iron than hybrid.

The UHX looks really good to me. I look forward to seeing these in person. I am also interested in the sound difference from long irons to scoring irons. As someone who has recently put Big Bertha irons back in the bag the sound of those kind of bothers me even if the performance is there

The UHX looks really good to me. I look forward to seeing these in person. I am also interested in the sound difference from long irons to scoring irons. As someone who has recently put Big Bertha irons back in the bag the sound of those kind of bothers me even if the performance is there

I touch on that in the article in the first post. There is a very small audible tone difference between the set, but it's tiny.

I touch on that in the article in the first post. There is a very small audible tone difference between the set, but it's tiny.

I might be in the minority but a vast majority of sounds these days are good - I'll look to hit these two irons and see how much of a difference there is. Cleveland UHX look like a good complement to the company line.

Looks like they were made to merge as a combo set!

These are a nice looking set, and I think the price makes these really attractive when compared to a lot of equipment out there. The previous set definitely performed, and I expect these to. The size is really nice as well - not overly large, but with a bunch of forgiveness.

If these perform anything like the previous model CBXs, watch out. I like what they are doing in the progressive set. They cleaned up the looks from the previous model which I really like. The CBXs weren't bad looking, just had a little to much going on in the cavity IMO. I loved those irons, hopefully I get a chance to hit these. And I really hope that if someone is in the market for a really forgiving iron I hope they give Cleveland a hard look. They make some damn good irons at a really good price point.

Love the look of the UHX irons. Transition nicely down to the CBX2 design as well. They look like you can hit absolute rockets with those irons.

Seeing that side by side photo next to the Apex is really telling.
These irons are going to be sleepers for some people.
I wouldn't be surprised if these irons get some fantastic reviews once they are in the hands of some THPers.

This entire new Cleveland lineup looks like a fun bag!! The flow through this set is fantastic!

These irons are going to be sleepers for some people.

The CBXs were for sure wayyyy underrated. These have to be better which is exciting because like I said the CBXs were killer

The CBXs were for sure wayyyy underrated. These have to be better which is exciting because like I said the CBXs were killer

Agreed and I cannot stress enough how much more I like this set than the CBX.

Back