Cleveland Launcher UHX Irons

My only gripe with Cleveland is the lack of no-upcharge shaft alternatives. Will this change with the UHX?

My only gripe with Cleveland is the lack of no-upcharge shaft alternatives. Will this change with the UHX?
What shafts are you looking for? Seeing a decent variety on their site

THP Event goodies.

DA9031E0-37E9-4915-B1FF-6620C4A909CD.jpeg

I'm really looking forward to getting to demo these. Esp after how much I enjoyed the CBX irons. But with what they have done construction wise, these should be a pretty killer option.

What specifically are you looking for? Im sure they can put any shaft you want in there but what you see on the site is most likely what is in stock? Im not speaking for them, just a good assumption. For instance, I play Recoil 110's and they only offer on the site 95's. I bet if I called and said I wanted 110's they could order them from UST and install. Of course that would come with a longer wait and most likely more upcharge than normal.

For the CBX set almost anything besides the stock shafts was an extra charge, and it looks to be the same with the UHX. From what I've seen only Dynamic Golds are no-upcharge alternatives.

It would be nice if they offered more no-upcharge shaft options like most of the other OEMs.

For the CBX set almost anything besides the stock shafts was an extra charge, and it looks to be the same with the UHX. From what I've seen only Dynamic Golds are no-upcharge alternatives.

It would be nice if they offered more no-upcharge shaft options like most of the other OEMs.

To be fair, at the price they are charging for what looks to be a set with a lot of tech is quite a bit lower than some others. the P790 is $175.00/club. The UHX are $114.28/club stock. The most expensive option I could find building a set got them up to $142/club.

I'm really looking forward to getting to demo these. Esp after how much I enjoyed the CBX irons. But with what they have done construction wise, these should be a pretty killer option.

I agree. The UHX is really calling me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put me in the category: I want to hit these. I have already hit the new Cleveland Turbo 3w and 4h with favorable results, and I want to see if these new irons could likewise benefit my game.

I keep waiting for the usual suspects to start posting their video reviews of these & the HB Turbos. Its fun to see the launch monitor numbers & compare them to the previously reviewed clubs.

Wonder how these might compare to the Ping G700s.

Got home last night and these were sitting there waiting for me.

I was able to get in a very quick range session before work this morning.

I absolutely love the looks and they frame the ball for me perfectly.

I feel I’m more of a low ball hitter so I’m always searching for a combo that will help me get the ball up after one range session I like what I saw when it comes to launch with these.

As expected the forgiveness is there. Haven’t had my best iron swing in the last couple of weeks but mishits today we’re staying on line.

I was curious to see how much of a sound difference there would be between the 6 and 7 irons vs 8,9 and PW. Although there was a slight difference it was just that very slight. Nothing that would be a turn off.

I won’t be able to get these onto the course until a week from now. I’m very much looking forward to it and I will let you know how it goes.

bb66421f83ae91c092c7ab751c107e02.jpg

4ac165931ee36229b669f4df27cee697.jpg

fe8138761dadeede656bb565525bcec7.jpg

Those are really good looking irons

Got home last night and these were sitting there waiting for me.

I was able to get in a very quick range session before work this morning.

I absolutely love the looks and they frame the ball for me perfectly.

I feel I’m more of a low ball hitter so I’m always searching for a combo that will help me get the ball up after one range session I like what I saw when it comes to launch with these.

As expected the forgiveness is there. Haven’t had my best iron swing in the last couple of weeks but mishits today we’re staying on line.

I was curious to see how much of a sound difference there would be between the 6 and 7 irons vs 8,9 and PW. Although there was a slight difference it was just that very slight. Nothing that would be a turn off.

I won’t be able to get these onto the course until a week from now. I’m very much looking forward to it and I will let you know how it goes.

bb66421f83ae91c092c7ab751c107e02.jpg

4ac165931ee36229b669f4df27cee697.jpg

fe8138761dadeede656bb565525bcec7.jpg

glad they arrived. Hows the sound on them compared to your current BB irons?

I was hoping to read more about the UHX, how they feel and perform on range and course. Those irons still not out in Europe and I find the concept intriguing.
I have the Cleveland CBX and Srixon 565 and they perform very similar. I was wondering whether the UHX would be worth the upgrade?

I was hoping to read more about the UHX, how they feel and perform on range and course. Those irons still not out in Europe and I find the concept intriguing.
I have the Cleveland CBX and Srixon 565 and they perform very similar. I was wondering whether the UHX would be worth the upgrade?
I’d expect we’ll have some solid feedback next weekend at the True Temper event. At least during the event thoughts will probably go in the Live thread so try and check that out

Some in hand pics
02A0E564-EBD7-4857-991E-94743B3373C4.jpeg
CF1FF71D-A562-4176-BE32-DA6E076FD498.jpeg
78DA6CF6-18FB-4D0D-805D-B45A92983E5F.jpeg
3DFAEC34-952F-41F9-9437-A69F721BBCE6.jpeg
0F0E6B56-AB7F-4C59-AF37-E0A908A0A800.jpeg

I had the chance to demo these on Saturday. Well start to demo would be more accurate. I hit 6 or 8 shots (easy to hit) and my wife asked me what I was hitting. I told her that they were new irons from Cleveland Golf and that THP had a thread on them that I wanted to post my thoughts in. She hit a couple then "bogarted" them. ?

I was told that I could post the following from Mrs. Duffer:
"I like them. They are light and easy to swing. They feel soft when I hit them and I get a lot of distance."

I think the most telling about how much she liked them was when she asked me, "Are the ladies version out yet?"

My last tournament for the year is at the same course this Saturday. I will go early (and by myself) so I can hit them as much as I want and I will then post my thoughts.

These were very favorably looked at this past weekend at the THP Event with so many brands and irons for participants to test.
This set is so underrated right now for forgiveness and technology at this price point.

These were very favorably looked at this past weekend at the THP Event with so many brands and irons for participants to test.
This set is so underrated right now for forgiveness and technology at this price point.

Those two sentences will help contribute to me giving these irons a demo for next year.

Those two sentences will help contribute to me giving these irons a demo for next year.

These were BIG time sleepers last year and they shouldn't be this year. These can for sure compete with the big boys easily

I spent some time with these on the range on Saturday and I also spent a good amount of time on Saturday.

I really really really wanted to love these irons with :TrueTemper: Elevates in them.

I had seen @Scarnici hit some really great shots the past couple of weeks and the looks and sound are fantabulous.

Was fine on the range hitting some great mid to mid high shots throughout the bag.

Entire 18 these were great off the tee. Higher flight and comparable distance to F9 irons. Cleveland nailed it with the sound, I'd put these up there thru 4i-6i with the other great HB styled ones.

I started to struggle on the back with these off the deck, specifically turf interaction and losing shots right. I would want to get these checked for me and see if it's a sole issue with my swing.

Highly recommend these for anyone in that category. If you're a fan of the CBX wedge, these would make a fantastic full bag.

Enjoyed the Lamkin TS1 grips on these as well. Especially when the conditions got really wet and we needed that extra grip help.

@donny475 posted some real good stuff on these in the event thread. He’s usually smiling, but was just giddy with these on the range. I was watching him stripe 6i into the wind something like 180 with the same draw over and over again. Part of me was happy for him, part was pure jealousy.

I hit them ok on the range but it wasn’t the right shaft for me. Played them Sunday and that day I didn’t really belong on a golf course. Pure exhaustion had set in from a too awesome weekend.

Just knew they’d be picked. Like there was 0 doubt. Different profile visually from some of the other hollow sets, little bigger all around, but that resulted in some superb performance in the right hands

when I hit these for the first time, I'll openly concede I wasn't that excited about them. There's some definite bulk, and the sound indoors left me wanting.

That said, I hit the long irons the past weekend and had an absolute blast with them. Dead straight if not a touch of a draw. Every swing felt like outstanding contact, kind of obliterated, and really drove forward. They even sounded like they were hammered.

They are on the SGI side of the hollow body spectrum I'd say, where straight is definitely the goal, but that should absolute not deter anyone from hitting them. Cleveland has a pretty storied history of making hollow body irons sound good.

I'll admit I expected these to get left behind after 12 guys selected, but they went in the top half. Considering what was available, I'd say that's as telling as it gets.

Back