Cleveland Launcher XL2 Driver Review

Stealth 1 Stealth 2
Launcher 1 Launcher 2

I hope AI knows my swing patterns, they're unique. 😂

I thought the 8g counterbalance was to help prevent flipping at least that is what Cleveland said about the Halo counterbalance weight.

Good stuff here @Jman ! I am a big fan of Cleveland products. Some of the most underrated equipment on the market today! I really like the way this driver looks. Has a premium look. Anyone else get Sim vibes from the sole?The face is DEEP! I tried the last Launcher XL driver and couldn't get the ball speed out of it. But, the shaft was almost 46" long and I do not get along with long drivers. This has some nice shaft options at no upcharge as well.

Great write up @Jman
It has been awhile since I gamed a Cleveland driver and you are correct...the sound was always different. I think it is a trait of their drivers. Super fast ball speed there!

Did they happen to mention how many iterations they did with player testing and their AI?

Great writeup @Jman. I haven't played a CG driver in forever but seems like this one is worth at least a swing. Price point is nice too.

All this talk of the Cleveland woods, where is the iron info?

Why do you believe Cleveland did not offer a Lite version this time?

Thanks for the review. I game the XL Launcher Draw and it works great for me in terms of accuracy (I hit 90% fairways) and it gave me an extra 10 yards but admittedly not a big hitter…about 215 carry with 235 total. Would you expect gains on these numbers with the XL2?

Why do you believe Cleveland did not offer a Lite version this time?
If I were to guess, it is based on fitting data and what points to where most golfers fall.

If I were to guess, it is based on fitting data and what points to where most golfers fall.
I’m a little surprised with other manufacturers offering speed/light drivers. I thought maybe because that was XXIO’s market, but I doubt people that buy XXIO buy Cleveland actually.

I’m a little surprised with other manufacturers offering speed/light drivers. I thought maybe because that was XXIO’s market, but I doubt people that buy XXIO buy Cleveland actually.
While there isn't a finite number of skus, there is a finite number of skus if that makes sense. Shaft options will exist for people to go lighter if they choose for sure.

Thanks for the review. I game the XL Launcher Draw and it works great for me in terms of accuracy (I hit 90% fairways) and it gave me an extra 10 yards but admittedly not a big hitter…about 215 carry with 235 total. Would you expect gains on these numbers with the XL2?
Really hard to say without knowing your swing Andrew, suffice to day, I am more impressed with the speed potential in the XL2 compared to the last generation, I didn’t anticipate seeing what I did.

Saw a few more on cleveland‘s insta over lunch. They really nailed the looks on this release and seems like the performance is there to back it up

When I returned to golf from a 10yr hiatus the Cleveland Launcher was the first club I was fit to and purchased so the nostalgia is all there when I see this. To me the Launcher has always had a classic look and sound and from what I'm reading this hits those same marks. Performance wise looks like its solid. Doesn't appear to have the ball speed of some other drivers out there but it does appear it will be a solid offering from Cleveland and thats awesome to see.

When I returned to golf from a 10yr hiatus the Cleveland Launcher was the first club I was fit to and purchased so the nostalgia is all there when I see this. To me the Launcher has always had a classic look and sound and from what I'm reading this hits those same marks. Performance wise looks like its solid. Doesn't appear to have the ball speed of some other drivers out there but it does appear it will be a solid offering from Cleveland and thats awesome to see.
I mean, I thought my ball speeds were pretty good with it. Damn, J. 🤣

I mean, I thought my ball speeds were pretty good with it. Damn, J. 🤣
Hahaha well I thought I recall seeing some of your speeds a bit higher in the 160's previously is all 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha well I thought I recall seeing some of your speeds a bit higher in the 160's previously is all 🤷‍♂️
🤣

We are talking January swing here though, and I told you how much I’d been swinging a club! Hahaha

Thinking Think GIF by Adam Lambert

This is looking like a pretty good driver for the price.

This is looking like a pretty good driver for the price.
It truly is.

It’s not a profile size wise I prefer, but the quality of finish is so damn good it makes that a lot easier.

Plus, it’s fast.

Nice review. I picked up a Launcher XL last spring brand new, still in plastic from a golf course pro shop for $160…first Cleveland driver for me and loving it

Back