Cleveland Releases Black Irons

I thought of these again so I had to give them a bump!

These have got me swooning. Ever since having some tendinitis issues and some issues with my right wrist I've seriously been considering going back to graphite shafted irons simply because of the shock absorption they offer. The starter set of clubs I played with before I built my current bag was all graphite and I liked that feel a lot. I've had no problem transitioning to the steel shafts of my x22's but Ive missed the shock absorption of the old graphite set.

I thought of these again so I had to give them a bump!

Curse you!! :alien: everytime this or the driver thread bumps I get a little excited and start drooling.

--
tapatalk

I hope these don't come out for a while for the sake of my VISA bill... I think I need these, a new Cleveland wedge and a Cleveland driver.. then I will be a better golfer right?

Hey all you Morgan Cup dreamers, those who are selected to play Cleveland/Srixon may get to play these....

Hey all you Morgan Cup dreamers, those who are selected to play Cleveland/Srixon may get to play these....

it's a possibility! I'm real interested in trying these, esp the graphite shafts

it's a possibility! I'm real interested in trying these, esp the graphite shafts

I was just thinking about these... Hahahaha. Gorgeous irons. Graphite shafts.. yes please!

Agreed ddec, these are gorgeous gorgeous irons. Some of the best looking I have ever seen

*wipes drool from chin*

It really is. No arm umcomfortable arm band is a thing of beauty. Combine that with a C Kua ballflight, forgiving Cleveland irons... winner!

You and me both! (Plus everyone else... :D)

Miyazaki shafts in irons would definitely be worth a try!! I have trouble controlling the CG ultralite drivers because of their total club length but I loved those Miyazaki shafts.

Good looking irons. If you take out that notch in the centre back they look alot like the X20's I play right now.

The ponder has begun!!

The ponder has begun!!

Yes, but have you seen the other irons Cleveland has coming out? As sweet as these are, the others they have coming will blow your mind.

Yes, but have you seen the other irons Cleveland has coming out? As sweet as these are, the others they have coming will blow your mind.

Wait what?! I have been busy at work lately and have not kept up. Or is this insider info? Big fella don't hold out!!

Wait what?! I have been busy at work lately and have not kept up. Or is this insider info? Big fella don't hold out!!

lol, I'm just saying that YOU WILL FREAK!

Lets keep this one to these irons and stuff that is currently being showcased by the company rather than directing people to sites that dont honor those embargoes. Thanks.

I am intrigued by these irons with such an awesome shaft... however I have never been a fan of graphite shafts in irons so I would have to try them out. I like the ultralight drivers. they don't feel super light to me so maybe the irons will be the same with a good overall feel even though they are super light.

I am intrigued by these irons with such an awesome shaft... however I have never been a fan of graphite shafts in irons so I would have to try them out. I like the ultralight drivers. they don't feel super light to me so maybe the irons will be the same with a good overall feel even though they are super light.

Bassing I think you will be amazed at what high end graphite brings to the table with regards to iron shafts. I like them far better than the steel counterparts and I've pretty much played the high end steel shafts.

Bassing I think you will be amazed at what high end graphite brings to the table with regards to iron shafts. I like them far better than the steel counterparts and I've pretty much played the high end steel shafts.
Beyond weight what are the benefits in a high end graphite shaft over a steel shaft? Like I said I just haven't liked them in the past. But I'm sure that the quality of shaft had a lot to do with my overall perception. I have loved all the miyazaki shafts I've tried but that was always in woods and hybrids.

Beyond weight what are the benefits in a high end graphite shaft over a steel shaft? Like I said I just haven't liked them in the past. But I'm sure that the quality of shaft had a lot to do with my overall perception. I have loved all the miyazaki shafts I've tried but that was always in woods and hybrids.

Shock absorption mostly.

Shock absorption mostly.

Pretty much what Thainer said. It allows people like myself to enjoy the game without being beat up afterward. They play just like the steel shafts but you don't get the vibrations back into your hands

You could flip this and ask what are the benefits of steel over graphite as well. I think what the future holds is that companies are finding abilities to manipulate and create graphite in more combinations than that of steel. Whether that translates to benefits for golfers, time will tell.

Back