Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

I'm just curious, out of the testers, who will keep them in the bag and who will go back to their gamers now that the testing is over, and why?

Mine will still get a good bit of play, but I always go back to SeeMore's long term. This is the first putter thought hat doesn't have RST where I truly believe I can plug and play it and still get feedback on proper face angle. I love that, its such a solid putter.

Mine is also staying in the bag because I putt so much better with it than my Scotty.

Subject to change during Morgan Cup. I hope.

Im going to spend some time with this in Florida methinks

Ive only tinkered with it once when Rob was doing his thoughts video and I was messing around with a 8 to 10 foot putt that I made like 7 of 8 times

Ive only tinkered with it once when Rob was doing his thoughts video and I was messing around with a 8 to 10 foot putt that I made like 7 of 8 times
Feel free to roll my 400g version, dude.

This is why I like the idea of this so much. It seems EXCEPTIONALLY repeatable.

Put the smartsquare CS with superstroke 2.0 in play today.32 putts total today. That says a lot for me since I normally take slowly to a putter change. Lining up putts were super easy. And the feel of the insert is growing on me. This power will be staying in the bag!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

This was a very good testing,
Thank you testers for providing great information, and answering questions as they arose!

Well done fellas!

I plan to continue using the Smart Square putter into the future. It really is very easy to align. It takes that part of the putting game out of the equation allowing you to focus on green reading and speed.

I had great performance from the putter the first 4 to 5 weeks of the testing. It's just that solid. I've hit a minor bump in putting lately but it's due to some stroke and mental issues plus less playing time. It's not the Smart Square. I know it will be back soon with this flatstick.

Got to roll some putts at Golfsmith today. I really liked it, took a little to get used to, I made 15 of 20 from 10 ft (a couple I got lazy on and pushed them left). Alignment was a lot easier I could see my line a lot better and adjustments were easier. I'm used to playing with a blade so the weighting took a little to get used to. I did only test the heel shafted model, I would like to give the center shafted model a role before I decide to purchase this model. Also I do like the sound that the putter made on putts.

Got to roll some putts at Golfsmith today. I really liked it, took a little to get used to, I made 15 of 20 from 10 ft (a couple I got lazy on and pushed them left). Alignment was a lot easier I could see my line a lot better and adjustments were easier. I'm used to playing with a blade so the weighting took a little to get used to. I did only test the heel shafted model, I would like to give the center shafted model a role before I decide to purchase this model. Also I do like the sound that the putter made on putts.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait to till this this week. Center shafted will be mine.

Played the smartsquare cs again today and still impressed. Putting was the only thing I did well today

Think I've turned a corner with my stroke. Last two rounds have been much better. 34 putts and 36 putts (had 14 GIR's that round). Only had one lag putt that I left woefully short. Had some really good rolls. Many of my misses were on the edge or in the throat but just short. Smart Square is so easy to align.

Played the smartsquare cs again today and still impressed. Putting was the only thing I did well today

You and me both!

Shot 95 but did roll in some putts with the SS!

You and me both!

Shot 95 but did roll in some putts with the SS!

Yeah this and the ss 2.0 is perfect for me. So easy to line up. The putts I missed were just on the edges today. Beginning to develop a lot of trust in this thing

Think I've turned a corner with my stroke. Last two rounds have been much better. 34 putts and 36 putts (had 14 GIR's that round). Only had one lag putt that I left woefully short. Had some really good rolls. Many of my misses were on the edge or in the throat but just short. Smart Square is so easy to align.

I would love to roll this putter! I may have to give it try first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this and the ss 2.0 is perfect for me. So easy to line up. The putts I missed were just on the edges today. Beginning to develop a lot of trust in this thing

Nice. My playing partners kept saying "must be the squares" all day. Great flatstick!

As someone who has yet to roll this thing I love reading this. I need to try this thing out

Really enjoyed the reviews. Need to give it try even though I'm quite happy so far with my Mizuno MP-T106.

How many less putts you think you are averaging now since going to this?

How many less putts you think you are averaging now since going to this?

The past 2 out of 3 rounds, 5 to 6 putts less than what I normally average. Last round I played I didn't putt well at all but there were a few good ones to highlight the easy alignment

The past 2 out of 3 rounds, 5 to 6 putts less than what I normally average. Last round I played I didn't putt well at all but there were a few good ones to highlight the easy alignment

wow thats a crazy good improvement...sounds like a winner!

wow thats a crazy good improvement...sounds like a winner!

Yes this putter is a winner. Ive always liked mallet putters so it was easy transition for me. Interstingly since ive been putting well with this my gir have gone down??? Lol that's just me however and this putter has been helping to save from a big number a lot of times

Do they make this in a belly putter? I haven't seen one.

Back