Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart Preview

Mash, I know what you mean, I tend to keep things for quite some time so would definitely get my moneys worth out of it and seeing all the postive posts about them is definitely helping to sway me towards buying one
Probably the best way to look at it is...*if* you are going to buy a push cart, get a Clicgear. Spend once and be done.

I went through the same decision process not long ago and when I researched, Clicgear was overwhelmingly the suggested model. Other people said get something else if you want to save money, and lots of people had stories about the "something else" models busting in a year or two. Everything about the Clicgear is solid and very well thought out.

Probably the best way to look at it is...*if* you are going to buy a push cart, get a Clicgear. Spend once and be done.

I went through the same decision process not long ago and when I researched, Clicgear was overwhelmingly the suggested model. Other people said get something else if you want to save money, and lots of people had stories about the "something else" models busting in a year or two. Everything about the Clicgear is solid and very well thought out.

I agree with this whole post 100% and is the exact conclusion I came to and very glad I spent the money.

Skip the steering thing. Unless you're trying to navigate chicanes the whole round it's just not worth it. XL bottle holder is ok, but check out the cooler tube. It works well and is a really useful size.

You might also consider the wheel covers. I just vacuumed about a bale of grass out of the back seat of my truck after my last round. The wheels are good at collecting stuff off the course.

I just bought a cheap plastic tub at the dollar store and stick my clicgear in that. I figure it's easier to wash out the tub than screw around with wheel covers. It has worked well so far.

I am in full ponder mode on this cart with a callaway bag or getting a full sun mountain setup with the sync bag. Anybody compared the two carts?

Last edited:
I looked at every cart I could find at all the retailers and settled on the ClicGear. I love it. It is very sturdy, folds nicely into a nice neat package and looks great.

Have this on my list for Santa...

Have this on my list for Santa...

You won't regret it. About a month ago, I actually walked to the course using my clicgear 3.5+ (my car was in the shop, & I just told my wife I was going for a long walk!)

1 mile there & back was no problem!

Last edited:
I purchased a 3.5+ last summer due to all of the recommendations on this site - couldn't be happier.

I purchased a 3.5+ last summer due to all of the recommendations on this site - couldn't be happier.

I did the same thing and I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing and I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can add me to the growing list. I got one for my bday this past summer and love using it.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also got one for my wife.

Has anyone had to adjust the tracking on the front wheel? Mine seems to pull to the left a bit.

I am leaning towards the clicgear cause the more I look at the SM the more it appears to be made for their bags

Has anyone had to adjust the tracking on the front wheel? Mine seems to pull to the left a bit.
I did when I replaced the plastic gear on the front wheel. Super easy to do, I believe you just need a flat head screw driver to adjust.
Just have a nice flat road/area you can push it on to test the alignment. It's kinda a guess/check deal.

I did when I replaced the plastic gear on the front wheel. Super easy to do, I believe you just need a flat head screw driver to adjust.
Just have a nice flat road/area you can push it on to test the alignment. It's kinda a guess/check deal.

Thanks man! I didn't notice it until I was walking the bike trail to get to the course. I'll have to play around with it.

Buying a Clicgear for my son - any recs on whether to stick with the 3.5 or go with an 8.0? Seems like 4 wheels could be an advantage. Anyone tried both of them? Not concerned about the price difference since my son will likely use it for 5+ years.

Buying a Clicgear for my son - any recs on whether to stick with the 3.5 or go with an 8.0? Seems like 4 wheels could be an advantage. Anyone tried both of them? Not concerned about the price difference since my son will likely use it for 5+ years.
I think it's just a personal preference thing. I own the 3.5 and have heard good things about the 8.0.

I still think ClicGears (3 Wheeled Versions) are the best out there. Easy to fix (much more than Sun Mountains or Bag Boys IMHO). Construction quality is great. Best part is you can order custom rim colors on 3.5. Slightly geeking out there, but they aren't too expensive. Overall a great product.

I think it's just a personal preference thing. I own the 3.5 and have heard good things about the 8.0.

Dave is right, its personal. I like my 8.0, I have tried the 3.5, it is just as good really.

I have a 3.5, but have used a buddy's 8.0. Personally, there wasn't much of a difference. Both are really nice and work well. I think the 3.5 looks a bit better.

c4bf4bc1bb6a78ce7b39f25df4171aba.jpg

Ooooo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave is right, its personal. I like my 8.0, I have tried the 3.5, it is just as good really.

Thanks for the comments - figured it might be merely a personal preference type thing. I'll have to have my son try both and see what he likes the most.

I bought the 3.5 this year and love it. On smaller courses I'll use it to get the exercise. It's very portable and easy to use. I added their umbrella and used it for shade during the heat of the summer. I have no complaints about this product at all. If I lost it, I would buy another one. I have no experience with the 4 wheel version but see no reason to try it as the 3.5 is perfect. Tim

I bought the 3.5 this year and love it. On smaller courses I'll use it to get the exercise. It's very portable and easy to use. I added their umbrella and used it for shade during the heat of the summer. I have no complaints about this product at all. If I lost it, I would buy another one. I have no experience with the 4 wheel version but see no reason to try it as the 3.5 is perfect. Tim

I also use the umbrella holder mount - more for shade than for rain - it makes a huge difference on sunny days!

Back