Club Champion Acquires TXG

They seem to be doing some rebranding on social:

View attachment 9145882
That's quite the name change. Good for Club Champion. It'll be interesting to see where things continue to go with them. There was some early collab, especially media, but then TXG seemed to go back to some of their ideas on things recently. I'd expect to see more collaboration with the media and marketing though for Club Champion to get some more benefit from it.

In my estimation the only reason to be associated with Club Champion is to tap into the Club Champion deep pockets to expedite expansion off TXG across Canada and in Europe. If the partnership means you’re a Club Champion brand so be it. But early on the Club Champion influence over TXG’s YT channel was met with distain. The loss of Matt being the biggest factor in viewership drop off. With Matt gone there was nobody as natural of a fit to work alongside Ian. Now the channel has come back to a more pre-Club Champion style with Matt back in the saddle things are much better.

1684773425455.png

And Matt's out again...(from IG today)

Deja vu

I found the decision to bring him back curious, and am not shocked that he moved on again. Best of luck to him, but honestly I went from being a diehard fan of the channel before he left the first time, to barely caring now.

And we out again.. Dude needs to make up his mind.. I hope they do not bring him back again. They found a pretty good rhythm with other people.
I disagree, thought he brought a rhythm. The others just didn't grab me as much.

And we out again.. Dude needs to make up his mind.. I hope they do not bring him back again. They found a pretty good rhythm with other people.
I agree with this, and everything after coming back as just felt…odd.

Are we sure someone didn't accidentally Repost this thread From. Last year.

I disagree, thought he brought a rhythm. The others just didn't grab me as much.

i like boucher's personality, but i don't identify with the way he plays golf at all. and because he's so unique, i don't really get anything out of his feedback. it felt like a revolving door of sidekicks after matt left.

the last parting felt like an issue of creative differences. this one feels like money.

i like boucher's personality, but i don't identify with the way he plays golf at all. and because he's so unique, i don't really get anything out of his feedback. it felt like a revolving door of sidekicks after matt left.

the last parting felt like an issue of creative differences. this one feels like money.

The good news is this thread reviving reminded me that I have been a TXG member on youtube (and paying $9.99/month) for quite a while with no benefits I have seen. Cancelled that this morning. So thanks to Matt for saving me $10/month for the forseeable future.

I am ready for them to move forward. It's a shame it didn't work out the second time through.

me too. i don't want him to come back to the channel. i feel like now their banter/rapport would be very disingenuous.

me too. i don't want him to come back to the channel. i feel like now their banter/rapport would be very disingenuous.
I'll admit I haven't been following their content much since the original departure (at least on YouTube), but I cannot fathom how any of this is good for legitimate momentum.

I'll admit I haven't been following their content much since the original departure (at least on YouTube), but I cannot fathom how any of this is good for legitimate momentum.
I had just somewhat found myself back and now not sure... sample size of 1 but I feel this

What is funny is they just completed a really entertaining Driver bracket last week and I personally was enthused about the channel for the first time since Matt exit 1.0. Now I am like eh... we will see what they do. My favorite videos have involved Ronny and the women who worked in the shop and seeing them fit a bag for "regular" golfers. The bracket is a whole different thing so watching a guy blast drives 350 is a different entertainment avenue.

Mam I am opposite take on this. Things were miles better after he came back. Some stuff in between was really middling. And I like that it didn't show in the recent stuff that there was anything going on. Everyone seemed in good spirits. The bracket was fun. I hope he left more on his own terms this time, and I can't imagine he'd be back again.

What is funny is they just completed a really entertaining Driver bracket last week and I personally was enthused about the channel for the first time since Matt exit 1.0. Now I am like eh... we will see what they do. My favorite videos have involved Ronny and the women who worked in the shop and seeing them fit a bag for "regular" golfers. The bracket is a whole different thing so watching a guy blast drives 350 is a different entertainment avenue.
I hear that. Back when I watched a fair bit I was always so impressed by that power as well. It's gnarly.

Mam I am opposite take on this. Things were miles better after he came back. Some stuff in between was really middling. And I like that it didn't show in the recent stuff that there was anything going on. Everyone seemed in good spirits. The bracket was fun. I hope he left more on his own terms this time, and I can't imagine he'd be back again.
This is my take too, I had been watching more recently

+1 I think as knowledgeable as Ian is, Matt was the perfect sidekick for him to break down numbers, analysis and overall fitting methodologies. I never looked at Matt as someone who I compared myself to or live and died by his results. He just brought a screen presence, and performance, that kept me engaged and wanting to see more. Now it's back to meh.

i just hope Matt didn't have a relapse with his anxiety or any of the mental issues that he has dealt with. He has made a ton of progress in that part of his life to take a step back.

I hear that. Back when I watched a fair bit I was always so impressed by that power as well. It's gnarly.
And slingy. As someone whose start line is a few degrees right a lot, his makes my eyes go wide every time. Lol

Are we sure someone didn't accidentally Repost this thread From. Last year.

It is from today. I saw it as well. Unless he posted it again on accident..

I got to where I liked the mix of people. Matt became so uninteresting to me. Which is weird as I liked him previously.

Back