Club Champion Indianapolis - full bag fitting

Lots. Best option is even flow black.

F9 accuracy wise is his best option and it’s not close. At all.

yes! f9 keeps impressing.

I’m hoping to get a good comparison for the F9 and G400 max for my own benefit against my Rogue. Those 2 seem to be what I’m most interested in from a driver perspective right now since. The G410 probably isn’t available yet. I’m curious about the new PXG Gen2 driver with a higher MOI than the Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:angel::angel::angel:

Lots. Best option is even flow black.

F9 accuracy wise is his best option and it’s not close. At all.

Nice!

@Canadian....thanks for documenting this. Fun to follow

He ran through his three wood and five wood and we agreed his numbers were optional. Self high five because I put those setups in his bag haha.

We spent some time cycling through iron shafts to try and improve his p790 numbers we put him in last year. I went with kbs tour at the time to help add a bit of spin off his s300 from previous irons. Turns out I made a good call there and nothing really bumped his numbers.

The meat of the fitting, aside from the validations of what already works, was his goal of getting driver and putter dialed in. Both were accomplished brilliantly by Joey and Keith is walking away really impressed.

I’ve got some extra thoughts I’ll share shortly.

I was super impressed with the atmosphere that Joey provided to us all day. When we arrived we started with irons and it quickly became apparent that Keith was not feeling good about his swing. Instead of forcing it, Joey changed the entire setting and took us to the putting green which was the perfect change of pace.

He supported discussion, let me get involved because Keith hates the technical aspect of things, and he even kind of teamed up with me picking shafts and lengths to find Keith the perfect setup. Made it fun for me as well.

His teammate wasn’t in today so the fitting bay beside us was wide open. He turned on the track man and let me hit any setup I wanted. Even made some shaft suggestions and talked through some numbers.

Then I was hitting an MB and talking about launch. We discussed it a bit and he went so far as to bend the head two degrees strong so I could see some different numbers. I was blown away.

This is the jman special.

7bd7155b81567f90f2302dfe5b974b5e.jpg

How did I miss this?????

I mean.... I did it for you..

And then crickets... And then you enjoyed the thread... And then I asked you about it... And then you saw it.

Yaaaay

Hahaha, hey now I was following the hot putter action at the time with SeeMore bringing the pain and totally missed the TPT gloriousness

Hahaha, hey now I was following the hot putter action at the time with SeeMore bringing the pain and totally missed the TPT gloriousness

PTM3 was the fit.

I'd rather him play a fancy mFGP2 hahaha

This was awesome - thanks for sharing. I love hearing that CC will tell tell you that you don’t need to make a change when you don’t need to make a change. Refreshing to hear

Very cool, thanks for sharing this experience! Reading these threads on getting fit makes me look forward to getting fit at some point.

Thanks for documenting this fitting, Dan. It was a fun read.

This was awesome - thanks for sharing. I love hearing that CC will tell tell you that you don’t need to make a change when you don’t need to make a change. Refreshing to hear

I did a Iron Fitting on Tuesday at CC and was told that they couldn't come up with a combination with APEX 19 or 919HM that could get me the performances of my current Irons.

I did a Iron Fitting on Tuesday at CC and was told that they couldn't come up with a combination with APEX 19 or 919HM that could get me the performances of my current Irons.

I did a full bag fitting in Cleveland and was only given 1 suggestion to add a 3h to replace my HW. We couldn’t find anything in the LH realm to replace my irons, driver or putter. Interestingly the new Big Bertha irons were a downgrade over my current Big Bertha OS set when it came to ball speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really refreshing to see a place like CC, who could stand to benefit greatly from selling clubs, aren't forcing the issue.

They are obviously hiring the right people, because all I got from my experience was a guy that was super passionate about fitting and helping people.

Looked like a fun time! Thanks for letting us follow along on the journey!

Club Champion is no joke. I had a fitting in NYC and I have replaced my wedges and putter, so far. I am working through the FW and Hybrids. The staff at Club Champion is so knowledgeable, nice and are not pushy at all. They just want you in the best equipment, even if it is your current clubs. Great thread

Great follow. Thx Jman.

Nothing worse than paying for a fitting and having clubs pushed down your throat, and it's usually the most expensive clubs whether they are right for you or not. Then if you mention before you're fitting is over that you aren't planning to buy right away, your fitter checks out and could really care less from then on. It's nice to know there are places like CC that makes the whole experience enjoyable, because after all, that's what it should be. Thanks Dan for the info.

Great thread! Thanks for posting it. It definitely helps me feel more comfortable about my upcoming CC fitting.

Back